Jump to content
BroadwayJets

2016 Free Agency Thread

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Former Steelers' OT Kelvin Beachum reached agreement with Jacksonville, per league source.

 

Money talks and this offseason the Jets don't have alot of it. Fans are going to prep the Maccagnan airplane, I bet. Stupid bastards.

That sucks.

And is the second part Schefter's words, or is that you being Nostradumbass again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Agreed.... welcome to the board!

Family's from Bay Ridge.... when it used to be all Irish/Italian.

Thank you. Glad to be here. That's cool. I live by Kings Plaza/Marine Park... grew up hanging out a lot in Bensonhurst (when it was all Italian lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2016 at 3:55 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

Wouldn't mind us putting Will Beatty through a physical. He missed the season last year with a torn pec, and then injured his rotator cuff in rehabbing the pec injury, so they just IR'd him instead of making him active off PUP. I don't like either of those injuries for a tackle. He really did have a great season when he was last in live action for the Giants in 2014. If his history is any indicator he goes good-then-bad year (2011) good year (2012) bad year (2013) good year (2014) bad year (2015) and maybe 2016 will continue the trend and be a good year. If you believe in superstition lol. 

Anyway, if he's up to the task physically, he can play both sides, which would allow us to clear up to $11M this year on Brick (adding in Beatty's lower $ instead). Then that flexibility means we're looking for any tackle in the draft instead of just looking for a LT. We can let Breno go and recoup another $4M+ savings later in the spring or over the summer. Wonder what he's looking for in terms of $. Couldn't - or shouldn't - be too ridiculous. I can't see him getting big multi-year offers at his age after that 2015 season. If he's even yet healed enough to play, of course.

Any news on him? I haven't seen anything since the Giants cut him a month ago.

  • giantsb_logo.gif Will Beatty, OT, Giants. Age: 31. star.gifstar.gif
    Will Beatty would be ranked higher than this if he could stay healthy. Unfortunately, that's not the case, as he missed all of 2015 with a shoulder injury. Beatty, 31 in March, doesn't have much left in the tank.

he was ranked 10th

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another viable possibility gone:

 

Matt Moore - QB -  Dolphins

Dolphins re-signed QB Matt Moore to a two-year, $3.5 million contract.

Neither side seemed particularly keen on a reunion, but each struck out in their pursuit of an upgrade. Moore has spent the past five years in Miami, and will be holding Ryan Tannehill's clipboard for the fifth straight season in 2016. Tannehill is extremely durable, leaving Moore little opportunity to get on the field. Moore turns 32 in August.
 
Mar 15 - 7:11 P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Larz said:
  • giantsb_logo.gif Will Beatty, OT, Giants. Age: 31. star.gifstar.gif
    Will Beatty would be ranked higher than this if he could stay healthy. Unfortunately, that's not the case, as he missed all of 2015 with a shoulder injury. Beatty, 31 in March, doesn't have much left in the tank.

 

lol

What of it? I outlined that in my post you quoted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade an established impact player for a near bust guard who they were going to move to center and a 2nd rounder,  Pats FLEECED!  Pig= ripe for slaughter!

As usual, Pats will have the AFCE wrapped up by Thanksgiving.

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Another viable possibility gone:

 

Matt Moore - QB -  Dolphins

Dolphins re-signed QB Matt Moore to a two-year, $3.5 million contract.

Neither side seemed particularly keen on a reunion, but each struck out in their pursuit of an upgrade. Moore has spent the past five years in Miami, and will be holding Ryan Tannehill's clipboard for the fifth straight season in 2016. Tannehill is extremely durable, leaving Moore little opportunity to get on the field. Moore turns 32 in August.
 
Mar 15 - 7:11 P

lol. They each party had to settle. They are perfect for each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What of it? I outlined that in my post you quoted. 

that's why there is no news on him, he sucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Larz said:

that's why there is no news on him, he sucks

I would bring him in for a physical. If he fails it he fails it. Last time he was on the field he was dramatically better than anyone we had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Another viable possibility gone:

 

Matt Moore - QB -  Dolphins

Dolphins re-signed QB Matt Moore to a two-year, $3.5 million contract.

Neither side seemed particularly keen on a reunion, but each struck out in their pursuit of an upgrade. Moore has spent the past five years in Miami, and will be holding Ryan Tannehill's clipboard for the fifth straight season in 2016. Tannehill is extremely durable, leaving Moore little opportunity to get on the field. Moore turns 32 in August.
 
Mar 15 - 7:11 P

Moore is a pu$$y that is afraid to be a starting qb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I would bring him in for a physical. If he fails it he fails it. Last time he was on the field he was dramatically better than anyone we had. 

brick hasn't missed a practice since the jets drafted him.  Bringing in Beatty basically means playing your back-up OT.  

there is tremendous value in durability and dependability at LT

the smart thing to do with brick is ask him to take a cut or move money around to create cap space, draft his replacement, then let him "test the market" after his contract is up next year.  Then after he signs with another team the jets save $13 million and only create $1 million in dead money.  Trust me, that money will come in handy next year.

His contract is begging for this scenario. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Larz said:

brick hasn't missed a practice since the jets drafted him.  Bringing in Beatty basically means playing your back-up OT.  

there is tremendous value in durability and dependability at LT

the smart thing to do with brick is ask him to take a cut or move money around to create cap space, draft his replacement, then let him "test the market" after his contract is up next year.  Then after he signs with another team the jets save $13 million and only create $1 million in dead money.  Trust me, that money will come in handy next year.

His contract is begging for this scenario. 

He is a bad pass blocker, an even worse run blocker, and is among the most expensive tackles in the game. There is nothing good about him anymore, and never missing a game is a negative in his case. 

It clears $11M by cutting him loose now instead of next year. That is not "value" any more value than spending $130,000 on a Honda Civic. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DAMMIT

Patriots signed DE Chris Long, formerly of the Rams, to a one-year contract.

It made too much sense after the Patriots shipped RE Chandler Jones to the Cardinals via trade on Tuesday. Long will step in and fill the roster void, though we're not going to ink him into a starting spot just yet. Long hasn't put much good tape on film the past two years as he's battled injuries, and he turns 31 later this month. Still, it's a fine landing spot for Long, who's determined to breathe life back into his career. Long has 54.5 career sacks in 114 games.
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why no market for Reuben Randle, or at least that I have seen?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Thank you. Glad to be here. That's cool. I live by Kings Plaza/Marine Park... grew up hanging out a lot in Bensonhurst (when it was all Italian lol)

I'm from Marine Park, myself. Welcome to the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Thank you. Glad to be here. That's cool. I live by Kings Plaza/Marine Park... grew up hanging out a lot in Bensonhurst (when it was all Italian lol)

Welcome. You must be old. lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was hoping we could've brought him in on a cheap deal. Oh well

Junior Galette remains in Washington

Zz05MTQ1YTgzY2EyOWI1M2ViNzc0MmIyNmU1OWQ5ODgyYg==AP

Washington wanted to give it another try with linebacker Junior Galette. And Washington will now get that chance.

Per a league source, Galette signed a one-year deal to stay with the team. It’s worth up to $4 million.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hawk said:

Why no market for Reuben Randle, or at least that I have seen?  

Randle is a moron who consistently ran the wrong pattern. One year, I believe his route running adventures resulted in an extra 7 INTs for Manning. True story.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

falconsb_logo.gif   Ryan Schraeder, OT, Falcons. Age: 28. star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gif 
 Ryan Schraeder has emerged as one of the NFL's top right tackles. He's an exceptional pass protector. Just 28 in May, he still has at least four strong years remaining. 
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2016OT.php#xhKkfsc5clzRy2mg.99

With Beachum gone, here's my next man up to take Bren's spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Randle is a moron who consistently ran the wrong pattern. One year, I believe his route running adventures resulted in an extra 7 INTs for Manning. True story.

Pretty much nailed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets have $40m in Cap space next yr.

Cut Brick, Mangold, Gilchrist and Harris.... $80m

Unfortunately, not a lot of talent on the UFA list next yr.

Glenon will be available Villain!

Remember fella's.... Mac looking to build for sustainability in the future, (Yr. 3 of 5 yr. plan)

These next few drafts critical for LT viability!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Another viable possibility gone:

 

Matt Moore - QB -  Dolphins

Dolphins re-signed QB Matt Moore to a two-year, $3.5 million contract.

Neither side seemed particularly keen on a reunion, but each struck out in their pursuit of an upgrade. Moore has spent the past five years in Miami, and will be holding Ryan Tannehill's clipboard for the fifth straight season in 2016. Tannehill is extremely durable, leaving Moore little opportunity to get on the field. Moore turns 32 in August.
 
Mar 15 - 7:11 P

I really liked Matt and was hoping to sign him at one point.  What a life this guy has though.  Chillin in South Beach, living on Key Biscayne, laughing at Tannehill, making a few mil a year to basically throw a few passes in practice here and there between tanning. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hawk said:

Why no market for Reuben Randle, or at least that I have seen?  

Because he's not very good and gets covered easily? Guy should be open all day with the attention to OBJ. He just isn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PatsFanTX said:

Raiders are building a very solid football team.

Don't we say this every offseason?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Don't we say this every offseason?

Qb, offensive line, wide receiver, edge rusher.  

Brilliant.   

They will get good, sell it and move it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, varjet said:

Qb, offensive line, wide receiver, edge rusher.  

Brilliant.   

They will get good, sell it and move it.  

Uh huh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

RT is biggest liability right now, Giacomini - they playing with fire imo letting him start - but we have no one else

I think the reason this was not addressed now is that there is a 50% chance they will draft one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brick has to be restructured to free up some money- just when it will be announced is the question. maybe they like the kid from Nebraska progress to not to panic right now

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, JiF said:

I really liked Matt and was hoping to sign him at one point.  What a life this guy has though.  Chillin in South Beach, living on Key Biscayne, laughing at Tannehill, making a few mil a year to basically throw a few passes in practice here and there between tanning. 

So basically your life minus the "making a few mil" part?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, King P said:

Looks like we're going to draft an LT then

This is why I'm more eager to replace Brick in FA than Giacomini. It's not because I think Breno is the superior player. It's that drafting an instant starter at RT - or filling the spot in FA for that matter - is a lot easier than doing so for LT. LT (especially instant starter LT) we're going to have to give heavy consideration to using our 1st round pick, or even moving up a little from #20. I don't want to do that, let alone be painted in a corner so we have to do that.

So personal favorites aside, since we need to replace both, from a team building and player replacement standpoint it makes more sense to cut Ferguson first. Clears up $11M vs $4M of cap space cutting Breno, and it's a lot easier to find a new starting RT than LT once the first OT has been taken care of.

Also, Breno can be kept all summer long and then cut. Ferguson is due almost another $2.5M in new bonuses before any preseason games so a decision needs to be made before any offseason workouts. Breno's $ doesn't become guaranteed until the 1st game roster (or thereabout). So not only is Breno outright cuttable at the last second, but we also have tremendous leverage to just get him to take a last minute pay cut even if we want to keep him around as an expensive backup plan if the #1 plan is starting a rookie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...