Jump to content
BroadwayJets

2016 Free Agency Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Randle is a moron who consistently ran the wrong pattern. One year, I believe his route running adventures resulted in an extra 7 INTs for Manning. True story.

Cool story!  Would you send me a copy of the playbook you are using for your information?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hawk said:

Cool story!  Would you send me a copy of the playbook you are using for your information?

I wistfully thumb through the pages of ladies' fashion magazines before I come up with my sports opinions.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, faba said:

Brick has to be restructured to free up some money- just when it will be announced is the question. maybe they like the kid from Nebraska progress to not to panic right now

 

 

 

 

I think it will be announced after Draft

#1 to not show their hand in the Draft

#2 To gain leverage with Brick. "either take the deal or be cut. Not a lot of FA $ left out there and most teams have filled their roster holes.....

except the Jets, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DIdn't want to lose AA #39 and thought we would REALLY EXCEL in Bowles' system. Hopefully we retain him or Jarrett who is also a FA

 

Newsday's Kimberley Martin reports both the Jets and Texans are "trying to sign" free agent DB Antonio Allen.

Allen missed all of last season with a torn Achilles' but should be at or near 100 percent now. At 6'1/210, he has safety size, but Allen did dabble at cornerback for coach Rex Ryan's Jets in 2014. He'd also help on special teams.
 
Mar 16 - 9:29 AM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

DIdn't want to lose AA #39 and thought we would REALLY EXCEL in Bowles' system. Hopefully we retain him or Jarrett who is also a FA

 

Newsday's Kimberley Martin reports both the Jets and Texans are "trying to sign" free agent DB Antonio Allen.

Allen missed all of last season with a torn Achilles' but should be at or near 100 percent now. At 6'1/210, he has safety size, but Allen did dabble at cornerback for coach Rex Ryan's Jets in 2014. He'd also help on special teams.
 
Mar 16 - 9:29 AM

Damn hoping we can get him back I think he would be good as a 3rd Safety in Bowles' D. We could have used his coverage ability when Demario Davis kept getting killed on wheel routes...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JiF said:

I really liked Matt and was hoping to sign him at one point.  What a life this guy has though.  Chillin in South Beach, living on Key Biscayne, laughing at Tannehill, making a few mil a year to basically throw a few passes in practice here and there between tanning. 

it still has to suck sitting behind a mediocre QB but he has the best backup job.  The starter isn't good but he never gets hurt so he never has to worry about playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JiF said:

I really liked Matt and was hoping to sign him at one point.  What a life this guy has though.  Chillin in South Beach, living on Key Biscayne, laughing at Tannehill, making a few mil a year to basically throw a few passes in practice here and there between tanning. 

Best job in the world is the baseball cap wearing back up Qb in the NFL.  Be just good enough to command some cash but hardly ever play.

In his last 4 years he has attempted 30 passes (just 11 in the last 3 years) and made about $10 million dollars during that time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

What?

I quoted your post instead of the one I wanted to quote...it was an accident lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So basically your life minus the "making a few mil" part?

My life minus - chillin on South Beach, living on Key Biscayne, playing in the NFL - the rest, yes, carbon copy of my life. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Players left from Jets drafts: 2006 (2), 07 (2 if you count Revis), 08 (0), 09 (0), 10 (0), 11 (2), 12 (1 if AA stays), 13 (5), 14 (6)

 

Basically this tweet explains why the Jets:

A: Spent so much in free agency last year

B: Have little money to spend this year

c: Have no realy players in the prime of their careers.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jarvis Jenkins (6'4, 310) at his combine.  Was a (relatively high) second-round pick in 2011. 

Penetrating run-defender, NOT a plugging run-stuffer, NOT a pass-rusher.  This guy is not going to replace 'Snacks' and consume two-gaps...he's going to collapse the front of the pocket, by shooting a gap.  He's not going to replace Wilkerson (if he gets traded), or Richardson (if he gets suspended).  He is another Leger Douzable, who, in all fairness is one of my favorite players on the team. 

Jarvis Jenkins:

Quote

OVERVIEW

Jenkins is an active defensive tackle against the run but isn't a classic nose tackle or two-gaper and doesnt appear to have the skill set worthy of staying on the field in obvious passing downs. He does a good job of getting off the ball, getting off blockers and making plays in the backfield against the run. Exhibits good awareness in the passing game to sniff out screens and play-passes but have the burst or technique to pressure the quarterback with consistency. Was rested at times and given frequent blows during college career. Jenkins should expect to hear his name called in the middle rounds.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

 Jenkins has NFL-ideal size at the defensive tackle position. Consistently makes plays in the backfield against the run. Gets off the ball quickly, uses his hands, finds the football and sheds blockers well. Not often fooled by play-action fakes or by the screen game. Plays hard and is disruptive.

WEAKNESSES

 Is not a threat to pressure the passer. Does not have great hands or a wide array of pass rushing moves to get to the quarterback. Doesn't possess the speed or athletic ability to chase down the passer or make too may plays in space. Stamina is questionable. Comes off the field on third down and gets series off.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

Jarvis Jenkins (6'4, 310) at his combine.  Was a (relatively high) second-round pick in 2011. 

Penetrating run-defender, NOT a plugging run-stuffer, NOT a pass-rusher.  This guy is not going to replace 'Snacks' and consume two-gaps...he's going to collapse the front of the pocket, by shooting a gap.  He's not going to replace Wilkerson (if he gets traded), or Richardson (if he gets suspended).  He is another Leger Douzable, who, in all fairness is one of my favorite players on the team. 

Jarvis Jenkins:

 

Would have preferred Douzable.  We know what we will get from him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jenkins is totally Richardson insurance during his suspension and a really good rotational player the rest of the season.

Edited by JETSfaninNE
quoted wrong person
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

COples signed a 2 year deal with the Rams

Interested to see him play his natural position.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

COples signed a 2 year deal with the Rams

Perfect fit for him.  Finally get to see him in his natural position.  Should be interesting.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Allen looks to be going to the Texans. Shame but injury and Pryor's improved play forced him out

Yeah but I really would have loved to see him in the packages with an extra safety.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Allen looks to be going to the Texans. Shame but injury and Pryor's improved play forced him out

That also means that from 2008-2012, out of 5 drafts, the Jets have 2 draft picks still on the team. Wilkerson and Powell. 

Edited by UnitedWhofans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That also means that from 2008-2012. The Jets have 2 draft picks still on the team

What's sadder is who's still left in the NFL -

2008 - Lowery (3rd)

2009 - Sanchez (1st) Slauson (6th) - hey, 2 out of 3 aint bad

2010 - WIlson (1st) Ducause (2nd)

2011- Ellis (3rd) Kerley (5th)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

You go to 3rd & 7?

I haven't lived in NY in years but I have before. Lived right around the corner from Quentin rd. Avenue P to be exact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shuler82 said:

What's sadder is who's still left in the NFL -

2008 - Lowery (3rd)

2009 - Sanchez (1st) Slauson (6th) - hey, 2 out of 3 aint bad

2010 - WIlson (1st) Ducause (2nd)

2011- Ellis (3rd) Kerley (5th)

 

 

Your Avatar fits our drafting abilities to a tee!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I haven't lived in NY in years but I have before. Lived right around the corner from Quentin rd. Avenue P to be exact.

Can't imagine living anywhere else now - maybe when i get older... retire and go to jersey or upstate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shuler82 said:

What's sadder is who's still left in the NFL -

2008 - Lowery (3rd)

2009 - Sanchez (1st) Slauson (6th) - hey, 2 out of 3 aint bad

2010 - WIlson (1st) Ducause (2nd)

2011- Ellis (3rd) Kerley (5th)

 

 

2010 - WIlson (1st) Ducause (2nd)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Can't imagine living anywhere else now - maybe when i get older... retire and go to jersey or upstate.

I heard upstate is beautiful! Definitely would be a option if I still lived in NY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...