BroadwayJets

2016 Free Agency Thread

6 minutes ago, KRL said:

True, but they are working on extending Brees to reduce his cap number.  Keep an eye

on that, if they open up space maybe we have a trade partner

It is interesting that many mocks have Saints, at #12, taking a D-lineman with that selection. Who knows, we've heard crazier things here.

On 3/22/2016 at 4:39 PM, BroadwayJets said:

Who though? Prior to FA we were talking about the Giants, Jags, Raiders, etc. Giants can't afford him/shouldn't at this point, Jags just shelled out a lot of $ to a slightly worse Mo, and the Raiders still possibly can. Bears are a common team brought up... but so far Pace doesn't seem like the type of GM to be on the other side of the Marshall trade (trading picks for players), he seems to like his cap space and picks. This is year 2 for him, so we'll see, but it doesn't seem like it. Again, they still can but I doubt it. 

Possible trade partners IMO:

Colts

Browns

Bears

Raiders

Every other team doesn't need him/can't afford him.

I think we should hope for Grigson to continue being an idiot. But I don't think we'll get anything better than overall pick 40 or so.

My wife is a Colts fan, and I like to root for them (when they aren't playing the Jets). It would be cool if Wilk landed there, so I can continue to root for him.

Grigson is HORRIBLE at his job. Last year, he should have drafted OL to protect Luck in R1, or DL to stop teams from running all over them in the playoffs... instead, he drafts his 5th WR in R1. Stupid. 

I would love it if we got a 2nd this year, and a 1st next year from a team that could get us into the top 10 next year.

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Isn't this the 2nd time you've said the same thing in a quote?

If your point is that you would rather not look for a true edge rusher and favor a slower, larger, set the edge but can't rush the passer at all player just say it.  The Jets have had about 10 years to 'pick one off the shelf'.  They actually tried to 'pick one off the shelf' last year and he got 4 sacks as as rookie playing limited snaps.

Computer error. Sorry

Just now, Integrity28 said:

My wife is a Colts fan, and I like to root for them (when they aren't playing the Jets). It would be cool if Wilk landed there, so I can continue to root for him.

Grigson is HORRIBLE at his job. Last year, he should have drafted OL to protect Luck in R1, or DL to stop teams from running all over them in the playoffs... instead, he drafts his 5th WR in R1. Stupid. 

I would love it if we got a 2nd this year, and a 1st next year from a team that could get us into the top 10 next year.

Colts are just wasting Luck by keeping Grigson employed. Couldn't agree more, the ONLY position aside from QB that the colts were deep in was WR, and they chose a slot WR. Unbelievable.

Also, that seems like way too steep of a price, if that guy's report I posted above is true/remotely true, we're not touching anything close to that. Although that would be awesome. 

Just now, BroadwayJets said:

Colts are just wasting Luck by keeping Grigson employed. Couldn't agree more, the ONLY position aside from QB that the colts were deep in was WR, and they chose a slot WR. Unbelievable.

Also, that seems like way too steep of a price, if that guy's report I posted above is true/remotely true, we're not touching anything close to that. Although that would be awesome. 

Yup, the bold, I tell her that every Sunday.... hahahhhahahaha...

• Upvote 1

Well keeping Pagano as the HC is a doom move if I have ever seen one.  Each year teams make moves that that the average dumb ass fan can look at and say.  'That guy will never last, dumb move.'  (Much like the Tomasula hire last year.)

• Upvote 1

After re-signing Adrian Clayborn, reuniting with Sean Weatherspoon and luring Derrick Shelby away from Miami, the Atlanta Falcons aren't finished upgrading their defensive front seven.

0ap3000000638383.jpg
Watch:

The team announced Friday that former Ravenslinebacker Courtney Upshaw has agreed to termson a new contract.

He had visited the Jets the last week and was reportedly drawing interest from the Patriots and49ers.

Upshaw was strong against the run as an edge setter in Baltimore, often giving way to Elvis Dumervil in pass-rushing situations. At 6-foot-2 and 272 pounds with limited coverage skills, it's fair to question if he will see more time at defensive end in Dan Quinn's 4-3 scheme. VeteranPhilip Wheeler was recently brought back to provide depth at outside linebacker.

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Report: Patriots Signing Clay Harbor, Adding Versatile Tight End Depth

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2016/03/report-patriots-signing-clay-harbor-adding-versatile-tight-end-depth/

How are we going to defend the Pats 17 different TEs!!!! 

I wonder if they are preparing for a Gronk holdout or something... 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I know my guess is BB is up to something, who can defend all those TEs...........leave it to the Patriots always a step ahead of everyone else meanwhile we sign Davis at TE who I thought was decent but really sucks 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

I know my guess is BB is up to something, who can defend all those TEs...........leave it to the Patriots always a step ahead of everyone else meanwhile we sign Davis at TE who I thought was decent but really sucks 

eh, they're only a "step ahead" because Brady is great, and has been there forever... when a team doesn't have to install a new offense every 2 years, and rebuild every 3 years, it affords them the luxury of coming to camp with 90% of the team already on the same page, so they get to tinker around with the odds-and-ends

it all comes down to Brady.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

He did tweet something about being paid dirt this season... let's pray

• Upvote 1

On March 24, 2016 at 0:30 AM, jmat321 said:

Pagano is just keeping Jim Harbaugh's seat warm.  

Now that's some scary sh!t right there. Harbaugh mentoring Luck. 

7 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

TE Rob Gronkowski signed a 6 year extension worth $54 million with the New England Patriots on June 8, 2012. The contract contains $13.17 million in full guarantees and $18 million in partial guarantees. Gronkowski received a signing bonus of $8 million. The Patriots hold a $10 million dollar option in 2016. Gronkowki will receive roster bonuses of $500,000 in 2016 and 2017 and $750,000 in 2018 and 2019 for every game in which he is active and $250,000 workout bonuses in each year of his contract.

They're probably giving him a "Ghost Partner" in the concession sales @ Foxboro.... Just like Brady!

2016= 6.6m

2017= $7m

2018= $11m 

2019= $12m

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

He should start up a bullsh*t consulting firm for the Patriots to retain off the salary cap.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Belicheck is an idiot. He will have his golden goose Gronk playing special teams, even though he is made of glass. 

Love to see Roger look into these contracts with Gronk and Brady since they are obviously BS. But you know he doesn't want to start another fight with Kraft. Love to see them lose a couple of more 1st round picks on this round of cheating.

Ex Jets TE Cumberland works out for Patriots 

The New England Patriots reportedly kicked the tires on a few offensive players on Wednesday.

The Patriots had wide receiver Mike Williamsand tight end Jeff Cumberland in for workouts, according to Ben Volin of the Boston Herald.

Williams, taken in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft, last played for the Buffalo Bills in 2014 after playing for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers the previous four seasons. He recorded 8 receptions for 142 yards and one touchdown in nine games in his one season in Buffalo.

Cumberland was released by the New York Jets this offseason after six seasons. In 2015 he had 5 receptions for 77 yards in 15 games.

Patriots signed NT Terrance Knighton, formerly of the Redskins, to a one-year, $4.5 million contract.

Concerned about Knighton's ever-troublesome conditioning, the Redskins were also only offering one year, but apparently less money. Although he's coming off a down season, Knighton provides a massive body for an interior line where the Patriots (effectively) mixed and matched post-Vince Wilfork in 2015. Going on 30, Knighton was highly effective in 2014, and can still be a disruptive force in the middle of a defense. He's reportedly in much better shape than he was last year, shedding 30-40 pounds.

5 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

With the Fitzpatrick situation not getting resolved, are working on contingency plan framework (including Mike Glennon).

I don't exactly know what this means

Very ambiguous. An April Fools joke would be more direct so I think this is true, but what does it mean?

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Very ambiguous. An April Fools joke would be more direct so I think this is true, but what does it mean?

I was originally writing out "could be an April fools joke", but then thought the same thing. It's odd. Why wouldn't he just say Jets are interested in trading for Glennon if that were the case? 

Just now, BroadwayJets said:

I was originally writing out "could be an April fools joke", but then thought the same thing. It's odd. Why wouldn't he just say Jets are interested in trading for Glennon if that were the case? 

The pewter plank put up a story that the Bucs traded Winston to the Jets. THATs an April Fools joke

• Upvote 1

So, I guess we're doing more than due diligence, maybe they're throwing Mo in this trade. Assuming this is real.

3 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

So, I guess we're doing more than due diligence, maybe they're throwing Mo in this trade. Assuming this is real.

@Villain The Foe we might finally get our wish man.