2016 Free Agency Thread

BroadwayJets

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/8/2016 at 8:44 AM, UnitedWhofans said:

I will also say this. If people think he schedule is going to be tougher and the Jets will struggle, wouldn't this be the perfect year to start to rebuild

Rebuild?  That was last year when we had one of the best cap situations in the league.  There's no rebuilding with 6 mil.  In fact there's a bit of dismantling.  

2 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Looks like former Jets QB Mark Sanchez could be on the outs.

Sign this beast.

1 minute ago, BroadwayJets said:

And another option opens up. 

Sanchez went to USC in Los Angeles. Flashy name there. That might be a name the Rams are interested in

Michael GiardiVerified account
‏@MikeGiardi
Pats pursued both Jones and Benjamin (both signed). In on Sanu. In on Matthews. No word on Kearse tho might end up as best fit per $$, imo

Damn I wanted Kearse, hope he doesn't go to the Pats, I really like him

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Would Chip want Mark back. Btw if the Rams are down on Foles after a poor year would the Jets be interested in him if Fitz leaves.

I hope not, I'd honestly rather a reunion with Sanchez and let Sanchez and Gailey steamroll the NFL :D

Albert BreerVerified account
‏@AlbertBreer
Source says Chargers TE Ladarius Green is set to visit the Steelers on Thursday -- there is serious interest from both sides.

Damnit!!  My #1 TE for FA

If this goes through, Steelers passing game just went otherworldly.  It was already insane last year

Connor Hughes ‏@Connor_J_Hughes  11m11 minutes ago
With 3.5 hours until the free agent market officially opens, have the #Jets contacted Jeff Cumberland?

“Not a word,” according to a source.

Well we definitely want no part of Cumberland again, so that is a positive at least :)

Just now, Rangers9 said:

That would be a nightmare personally for me. ?

Butt Fumble already happened, how could it get any worse?? :D  I can only see upward trends for Sanchez if he was put in a Gailey system that only has you read half the field like Fitz did.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Good kick returner, has some speed to make some plays as a Rb but needs deflated balls as he fumbles a lot.

He seems like the cheap fallback option if we don't get Powell secured.  Hearing Jets are trying real hard to lock him (Powell) up.

46 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

Hah-ha! Sucks to be you Mark, you loser!... (*goes to DEN and wins a SB*)  ....SH*T!

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Good kick returner, has some speed to make some plays as a Rb but needs deflated balls as he fumbles a lot.

What about that other guy we signed who is fast as spit and returns kicks? Aren't they the same type player?

Guy ran on US T&F. On Patriots for a cup of coffee.

Sorry for the brain fart but I'm sure you know his name.

mike fisher ✭
‏@fishsports
ALERT: #Broncos do NOT have re-do deal yet w @DeMarcusWare - and sources tell me he's got suitors in his back pocket. @1053thefan

Ed WerderVerified account
‏@Edwerderespn
The #Broncos drop-dead date for pass-rusher DeMarcus Ware is March 14th when $3M roster bonus hits.

ProFootballTalkVerified account
‏@ProFootballTalk
Per multiple sources, Browns have yanked offer to OL Mitchell Schwartz. (It could be posturing.)

Archived