Just what the hell is going on????

I have read in several articles today that Fitzy, Ivory, Snacks, Powell are goners. And Wilkerson will be traded. Who the hell is left? I know the cap is a bitch. But, geez, why cant the Jets bring a few guys back? They do have a fair amount of money to spend. Are the Jets turning into the Islanders with their own budget? One good year and now back to sh*t? I am pissed.:angry:

2 minutes ago, #90 said:

I have read in several articles today that Fitzy, Ivory, Snacks, Powell are goners. And Wilkerson will be traded. Who the hell is left? I know the cap is a bitch. But, geez, why cant the Jets bring a few guys back? They do have a fair amount of money to spend. Are the Jets turning into the Islanders with their own budget? One good year and now back to sh*t? I am pissed.:angry:

I'm not worried about it.  I'm sure Cags has a plan (until he gets punched in the mouth, of course).

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, #90 said:

FA hasn't even started yet and the lemmings are starting to panic. Calm down. All is well. :-) 

remain-calm-all-is-well-o.gif

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, #90 said:

Yeah, it sucks to have to break up a team that has delivered so many championships. What will we ever do?

• Upvote 3

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

Great.... a few extra 5th, 6th and 7th rd. selections that we can wait another 3 yrs. to develop

#Brilliance!

Hardly, the good teams in this league that let the right players go get comp pick are actually 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounders, thanks for playing though.

Just now, NYJCAP2 said:

Hardly, the good teams in this league that let the right players go get comp pick are actually 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounders, thanks for playing though.

End of 3rd round is the HIGHEST compensatory pick you can get. And only the BIG Contract guys get those.

Ivory a 5th/6th, Snacks probably a 4th. Powell a 6th maybe

24 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Great.... a few extra 5th, 6th and 7th rd. selections that we can wait another 3 yrs. to develop

#Brilliance!

Last year a 5th netted us Brandon Marshall - Instant starter @ WR.

Our 6th rounder was compensation for Percy Harvin - a 2014 starter @ WR for 2nd half of season.

Our 7th rounders netted us Fitzpatrick- a 2015 starter at QB

and NT Deon Simon who will be Snacks' replacement this year.

So yeah, it is rather brilliant and excellent asset management. :-) 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Last year a 5th netted us Brandon Marshall - Instant starter @ WR.

Our 6th rounder was compensation for Percy Harvin - a 2014 starter @ WR for 2nd half of season.

Our 7th rounders netted us Fitzpatrick- a 2015 starter at QB

and NT Deon Simon who will be Snacks' replacement this year.

So yeah, it is rather brilliant and excellent asset management. :-) 

Until this season, comp picks could not be traded.

But Ok.... I guess we'll wait until 2017 to use these 3 picks.

Won't help us this yr. except out team gets weaker as we decide not to sign FA so we can get some Comp picks next yr

1 hour ago, #90 said:

Jets fans are very even-keeled and have a legendary calm demeanor.

• Upvote 4

Not to beat a dead horse, but when you have basically putrid drafts from 2009-2014, this is what you you can expect. Few, if any, core players that you can always build around. We have not ONE player on team from 2009 & 2010 drafts.  #1 pick in 2012(Coples) gone. 2013 , other than Sheldon, speaks for itself. Mac inherited an old, very limited in talent, team.This will take some time. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, smaxor5 said:

We should absolutely do everything we can to make sure we get these guys all back even it takes overpaying.  I mean, who DOESNT want 3 DEs and a DT that only plays half the snaps?!  We're SO ahead of the curve.

I am 100% behind overpaying to keep the gang together so long as it guarantees 10 wins and almost making the playoffs.  Ah, the sweet stench of success.

• Upvote 1