Jets Ink Forte

BroadwayJets

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter who QBs the Jets this year, they now have a very reliable safety valve on the field for all three downs. Ivory wasn't about that pass catching life. Forte is a good signing, as long as the money makes sense. No go draft the next Forte in CJ Prosise and the backfield is set.

Lot of tread on the tires. He's been a great, versatile player for a long time. It will be a great signing if he can avoid that age wall. Still need to add an early round back in the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

not getting younger but I have always liked this guy. 

"Getting younger" doesn't mean avoiding veterans at all costs.

It means bolstering the roster with young players that stick... or, in other words, not drafting 90% busts.

Then you can pepper in veterans, because let's face it, veterans know how to do their jobs.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It means bolstering the roster with young players that stick... or, in other words, not drafting 90% busts.

Then you can pepper in veterans, because let's face it, veterans know how to do their jobs.

Agreed.  He is a nice stop gap until one of the younger guys catch on.  Now you can draft a mid/late round running back and not be busted if it takes awhile for him to catch on.  would love to hit another Neon Leon with a 4th comp pick. Be nice. 

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

+1

Plus it's not like they signed him so they wouldn't need a younger RB. But he certainly means for this year we don't have to force our hands in the draft (particularly in the early parts of the draft).

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Nice! Hope it wasn't for kookie dollars but it shouldn't be and it's hard to not like Forte. With his receiving skills he has more value than just as an every down runner when he loses a step. Plus he's an awesome guy in general. 

he's already lost half that step

These guys are pretty quiet. No more stupid leaks. I saw no rumors on Forte signing with us. 

They showed up this morning. FO IS Not vault tight but lock tight. Good enough for me.

Holy shi* he caught 102 balls the year before last for 808 yards, to go along with a thousand yard rushing season.

As long as they haven't fooled themselves into thinking we don't need to draft a back like Tyler Ervin or Perkins... Not smart to expect Forte to touch the rock 40 snaps a game.

Also RIP Powell

Just now, Paradis said:

As long as they haven't fooled themselves into thinking we don't need to draft a back like Tyler Ervin or Perkins... Not smart to expect Forte to touch the rock 40 snaps a game.

Also RIP Powell

I agree , we are RB light no matter what and haven't had a young decent back for a while, even Powell took some years to show his worth.

I like it.  At his age he may not be a long term solution, but the truth is, there aren't a whole lot of those at RB in the NFL these days anyway, and the Jets absolutely needed to get some reliable insurance at the position before worrying about getting any young guys, as that's how you overpay and/or overdraft.  And in the end, despite Forte's age, the reality still remains that there is still reason to feel much better about his potential health than that of Ivory.  Not to mention his receiving skills allows him to (potentially) fill the roles from last year of both Ivory and Powell.  I would still like to get Powell to come back, and at the very least need another young back to do a time share with Forte, but it's a nice move to fill in a hole that they could have been otherwise desperate for.

Archived