Jets Ink Forte

BroadwayJets

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love this pickup...I didn't think we were going to be able to get him so I'm very excited! Yes he is a year older but he doesn't need to carry this team, just be a solid contributor and catch the rock. Should be a great fit for Gailey's system and will likely have less injuries/not fade out like Ivory did. 

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

They showed up this morning. FO IS Not vault tight but lock tight. Good enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could've also been Forte's agent leaking the news to try and drive up his price especially since the Dolphins were rumored to be the other team interested so if you have two division rivals bidding for him why not try and drive up the price.  

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

love the move was wishing for it this am when I posted it

anybody that does not like this is nuts

forte >ivory and it is not close and we got cheaper

Agree. Forte makes people miss.... Ivory runs over people for 12 games/yr

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

If Mcc coveted Forte, why not just have signed Ivory?  Not a disaster, but for me a "meh" signing.

because they're two completely different kind of players? because Forte fits a Gailey offense much, much better? 

Just now, munchmemory said:

If Mcc coveted Forte, why not just have signed Ivory?  Not a disaster, but for me a "meh" signing.

They aren't the same player by a longshot.  Ivory will give you the "sexy" run where he tramples over 5-6

guys BUT for the rest of the game he's on the bike.  Forte is durable, never leaves the field and catches the

ball like a WR.  Two years ago he caught over 100 balls out of the backfield

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

because they're two completely different kind of players? because Forte fits a Gailey offense much, much better? 

1 minute ago, KRL said:

They aren't the same player by a longshot.  Ivory will give you the "sexy" run where he tramples over 5-6

guys BUT for the rest of the game he's on the bike.  Forte is durable, never leaves the field and catches the

I understand this.  Look, if this was Forte three years ago? I'd be doing cartwheels.  Frankly, I don't think he's the explosive, make you miss, back any more.  Hope I'm wrong.

5 minutes ago, KRL said:

Was just telling a friend what an absolute PPR stud this guy is.

Love this signing. Great at picking up the blitz as well

23 minutes ago, Paradis said:

They showed up this morning. FO IS Not vault tight but lock tight. Good enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forte when he was healthy was the main cog in the Bears offense. And it shows that Forte wants to play with Marshall. A lot of people thought that Bears teammates couldn't stand him. And there were tapes of Marshall yelling and screaming at people after a loss in the Bears locker room. So this just backs up the fact that the Jets best player in 2015 is not a terrible teammate. If he was so bad Forte would never have signed with us. 

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I understand this.  Look, if this was Forte three years ago? I'd be doing cartwheels.  Frankly, I don't think he's the explosive, make you miss, back any more.  Hope I'm wrong.

So you would only want Forte from 3 years ago but NOT the guy that caught 100 balls in 2014? okidokie. Keep trying. 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

huh? Forte caught over 100 passes in 2014. Ivory could play 10 years and not catch 100 balls.   

We're going into the 2016 season.  He's coming off a knee injury.  You all can debate the signing.  I don't like it.  

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So you would only want Forte from 3 years ago but NOT the guy that caught 100 balls in 2014? okidokie. Keep trying. 

Dude.  Stop twisting my words.  You know what I meant. I have no interest in arguing the signing.  I hope Forte lights it up.  Again, I don't like the signing.  I'm done.

Just now, munchmemory said:

We're going into the 2016 season.  He's coming off a knee injury.  You all can debate the signing.  I don't like it.  

He had an injury and returned to split time and averaged about 4.5 yards a carry. I don't mind you being against the signing but please provide valid arguments and not say he hasn't been good in 3 years when he was a superstar just 2 years ago with 100 catches.  

Not that it's any slam dunk Fitzpatrick returns, but the difference in Fitzpatrick with and without Powell at his disposal was night & day. Partly because of the type of QB Fitz is (his RB is always his #2 target) but a great outlet out of the backfield is of enormous help to any QB. He's especially useful with Gailey as our OC no matter who the QB is (ok, almost no matter who). 

Huge asset to have, dropping back that many times and there's someone who catches everything who's always open if no one else is. $5M is well worth what he brings to the table on a >$150M salary cap.

Well, you could re sign Powell, or let Powell go, get another comp pic, and draft a RB.

Forte was cut, so he shouldn't count against future picks.  Hoping for another LT situation.  Great locker room guy, over 1000 combined yards.

Archived