Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, he will be winning in Foxboro this season.

Because Forte is a much better, more complete back that he signed for less money?

 

24 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Just copy and past the URL. Looks like you're doing it right. Sometimes it just doesn't embed properly or right away.

hmmm.   Imma goona try a different browser....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 32EBoozer said:

I'm pumped. One thing an announcer said was how well Forte prepares in the off-season to make it to the end of the regular season

did you see those 2 dudes he made tackle each other ?  lol, its about 59 secs in

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Here are his highlights from last season, he doesn't look shot to me:

 

#1 Nice soundtrack

#2 Great vision

#3 1 cut and through the hole(not a lot of dancing)

#4 Nice punch to Clinton-Dix jaw

#5 Hardly ever runs out of bounds

#6 Gets "Skinny" when he needs to

#7 Smooth receiver \High football IQ

Thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Marshall must have put in the good word for the Jets

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/13432579/chicago-bears-matt-forte-says-brandon-marshall-somes-hold-accountable-last-season

Forte's a great player with a great reputation, don't think the Jets needed to be clued in by Marshall.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Perfect RB for Fitz. This team going deep playoff run in 2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not without a pass rush they're not

..but that's for another thread. I'm certain I will be very happy with forte. The guy does everything right on and off the field. I'm anticipating 2 years of very productive play and praying his age doesn't show.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

not getting younger but I have always liked this guy. 

I think Macc is very big on the idea of at least one Vet per position group.  We'll probably sign a 3rd tier RB and draft another this year.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Perfect RB for Fitz. This team going deep playoff run in 2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect RB for any QB.  Especially a young guy who can use quick/easy outlets.

Imagine a D trying to stop the run, cover the short passes to Forte, mid-range to Marshall/Decker/Enunwa/Amaro, and deep ball to all the WRs including Devin.  Each one of those pieces feeding off each other.

It'd sure be nice to have a QB who could toss it deep.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfect RB for any QB.  Especially a young guy who can use quick/easy outlets.

Imagine a D trying to stop the run, cover the short passes to Forte, mid-range to Marshall/Decker/Enunwa/Amaro, and deep ball to all the WRs including Devin.  Each one of those pieces feeding off each other.

It'd sure be nice to have a QB who could toss it deep.

I will start with a QB who doesn't get sacked deep. Seriously folks running back toward your own end zone in face of pressure is the sign of a QB who won't or can't be coached since every coach since peewee has told him the same damn thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I think Macc is very big on the idea of at least one Vet per position group.  We'll probably sign a 3rd tier RB and draft another this year.

I agree.  As long as it's nobody named Steven Ridley.  He is terrible.  Like to retain Bilal. Have two backs solid catching the ball out of the backfield.  Draft a big young strong bruiser  back to finish teams off.  

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very happy to have Forte and what this tells me is this team is going to make every effort to WIN NOW you don't sign a 30 year old RB if you didn't think you could WIN NOW. That being said I bet the Jets and Fitz are much closer than we think and are up to something IMHO Fitz is no dummy and he knows the best place for him is the NY Jets. He fits the offense and moving to another team and dealing with yet another possible learning curve should not be in the cards for him. I bet he signs for 10-12 mil per as soon as the Jets restructure half the OL and some other players as well.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jgb said:

I will start with a QB who doesn't get sacked deep. Seriously folks running back toward your own end zone in face of pressure is the sign of a QB who won't or can't be coached since every coach since peewee has told him the same damn thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you wouldnt start Russell Wilson?

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

So you wouldnt start Russell Wilson?

You literally just picked a name of a good QB and threw it out there. A poor choice too since Russ is renowned for his escapability and scrambling ability.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jgb said:

You literally just picked a name of a good QB and threw it out there. A poor choice too since Russ is renowned for his escapability and scrambling ability.

No I picked a QB who CONSISTENTLY goes backwards against a rush

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

No I picked a QB who CONSISTENTLY goes backwards against a rush

 

 Not a student of the game.  Nonchalant field presence — does not command respect from teammates and cannot inspire.  Mild practice demeanor — no urgency.  Not committed or focused — marginal work ethic.  Interviewed poorly at the Combine and did not show an understanding of concepts on the white board.  Opted not to compete at the Senior Bowl and has approached offseason training as if he has already arrived and it shows in his body with minimal muscle definition or strength.  Has small hands and glaring ball security issues (32 career fumbles).  Really struggled handling the snow in Pinstripe Bowl (took two safeties) and will be troubled by the elements.  Needed to be coddled in college — cannot handle hard coaching.”

Nawrocki then makes a strong prediction about Smith’s future.  “Smith is a gimmick, overhyped product of the system lacking the football savvy, work habits and focus to cement a starting job and could drain energy from a QB room,” Nawrocki writes.  “Will be overdrafted and struggle to produce against NFL defensive complexities.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/01/nawrocki-provides-scathing-assessment-of-geno-smith/

Nawrocki was slammed for this "hit piece" before the draft. After the punch heard round the league, guy looks like a freaking psychic.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

"Getting younger" doesn't mean avoiding veterans at all costs.

It means bolstering the roster with young players that stick... or, in other words, not drafting 90% busts.

Then you can pepper in veterans, because let's face it, veterans know how to do their jobs.

Not that it's a bad signing, because he is a good player, but the Jets do get slower in the backfield.  Forte's long run last season was only 27 yards.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jgb said:

 

 Not a student of the game.  Nonchalant field presence — does not command respect from teammates and cannot inspire.  Mild practice demeanor — no urgency.  Not committed or focused — marginal work ethic.  Interviewed poorly at the Combine and did not show an understanding of concepts on the white board.  Opted not to compete at the Senior Bowl and has approached offseason training as if he has already arrived and it shows in his body with minimal muscle definition or strength.  Has small hands and glaring ball security issues (32 career fumbles).  Really struggled handling the snow in Pinstripe Bowl (took two safeties) and will be troubled by the elements.  Needed to be coddled in college — cannot handle hard coaching.”

Nawrocki then makes a strong prediction about Smith’s future.  “Smith is a gimmick, overhyped product of the system lacking the football savvy, work habits and focus to cement a starting job and could drain energy from a QB room,” Nawrocki writes.  “Will be overdrafted and struggle to produce against NFL defensive complexities.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/01/nawrocki-provides-scathing-assessment-of-geno-smith/

Nawrocki was slammed for this "hit piece" before the draft. After the punch heard round the league, guy looks like a freaking psychic.

wow he really nailed it.  How good is he in his other prospect predictions? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dcat said:

wow he really nailed it.  How good is he in his other prospect predictions? 

he famously went after Cam Newton. until this last season many would say he was pretty accurate with that one, also.

“Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup,” Nawrocki wrote.  “Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them.  Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room . . . .  Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example.  Immature and has had issues with authority.  Not dependable.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...