Get Used to Geno Being Your QB Again

drdetroit

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Not a chance in hell. The staff doesn't want him, they didn't draft him, and the other players wouldn't rally around him. Hard pass. Hard pass. 

Link? how the hell do you know the staff doesn't want him and what the hell the players think.........STOP 

Just now, Fibonacci said:

Well, the guy said "I WILL BE BACK" after IK punched him but I didn't think it would happen. Go with Petty. See what the guy has. If he turns out good, future will be bright. If he turns crap, we will pick high next year. 

Let them battle it out in camp and may the best man win.

6 minutes ago, #bman said:

More like Connor Cook at 20 if everyone else is gone!

The other day on the first draft podcast kiper was asked if there was a possibility Paxton lynch would fall to the second round. The answer surprised me, kiper said he thought there was an 80% chance lynch was drafted in the 2nd because he's just not ready to play.  Seems he's a project in the same way Bryce petty is.  If that's true, where does cook go?  I'm not sure. He'd be ready to start far sooner than lynch.

either way I'd be happy to give geno another shot and draft a guy.  Not to interested in the whole "we can't win a Super Bowl with fitz but as long as we can win 10 games let's keep going". I'd rather lose bad and draft a QB high then stay middle of the pack and languish there.

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Link? how the hell do you know the staff doesn't want him and what the hell the players think.........STOP 

Read in between the lines and see how last year unfolded. Fitzpatrick had to have surgery and they could have eased him back with Geno for a couple games. They didn't. If they wanted Geno to be the QB, he would be. They want Fitz. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Read in between the lines and see how last year unfolded. Fitzpatrick had to have surgery and they could have eased him back with Geno for a couple games. They didn't. If they wanted Geno to be the QB, he would be. They want Fitz. 

Bull why didnt the Jets cut him then to free up cap space to sign Fitz 

Gailey Decker and Marshall made Fitz Geno can do better with these guys

23 minutes ago, LunAticcalm said:

If Geno's back it just gives us a realistic chance at Deshaun Watson, IF Watson is that good.

Even if it's not Watson, we will be bad enough to draft a top QB prospect 

Amen  somebody gets it, Watson is that good

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Maybe maybe not.

Geno does have a stronger arm than Fitz but Fitz is a way more poised player.

I don't know, I just refuse to believe this is going to happen. Been pretty obvious for quite some time that Geno needs to be cut or relegated to 3rd string, let alone even being mentioned in the discussion for 2016 starter. And that isn't even counting that starting him is conceding the season, and the notion of asking people to pay for tickets to a conceded season is straight pathetic. Even Woody of all people isn't that low.

Nope, refuse to believe this is the plan. There's no way.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Geno's track record says he can't. He's had talent around him. He hasn't gotten it done. 

Cutting Geno makes no sense at this juncture. It saves very little money, the Jets don't have Fitz signed, and he's the only QB on the roster with experience, as terrible as those experiences are. 

34 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Writing on the wall boys.  Denver and the Rams both need qb's.  We're cash strapped.  Bradford sucked last year and got $36 million and Osweiler played half a season and did ok and got $72 million.

Worse we have to get used to the countless threads and posts whining "get used to Geno being our QB again" until we sign Fitz 

Would be interested to see what would happen if we did start Geno and he started to play like he did against the Dolphins two years ago. I honestly believe if they can protect Geno he could be very effective with these weapons and Chan designing a system that takes advantage of his physical skills as well as his improving his limitations

It would also be interesting to see fans reaction to this scenario

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't know, I just refuse to believe this is going to happen. Been pretty obvious for quite some time that Geno needs to be cut or relegated to 3rd string, let alone even being mentioned in the discussion for 2016 starter. And that isn't even counting that starting him is conceding the season, and the notion of asking people to pay for tickets to a conceded season is straight pathetic. Even Woody of all people isn't that low.

Nope, refuse to believe this is the plan. There's no way.

The only thing recommending it is that it would definitely be the Jetsiest possible outcome.

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

Fitz is not going anywhere.  The Jets are calling his semi-bluff.  Fitz has a few outs in the deck, but ultimately he will fold on the river and resign in NY.

I agree.  I think he wants to play here. He's not worth overpaying though.

FO is in a tough predicament as the team is pretty much a win now roster so going back to Geno is an iffy proposition.

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Geno's track record says he can't. He's had talent around him. He hasn't gotten it done. 

Cutting Geno makes no sense at this juncture. It saves very little money, the Jets don't have Fitz signed, and he's the only QB on the roster with experience, as terrible as those experiences are. 

Fitzpatricks track record 6 teams in 10 years never making the playoffs. 

If the staff and other players hated him so much like you said he would be gone. 

4 minutes ago, fltflo said:

Would be interested to see what would happen if we did start Geno and he started to play like he did against the Dolphins two years ago. I honestly believe if they can protect Geno he could be very effective with these weapons and Chan designing a system that takes advantage of his physical skills as well as his improving his limitations

It would also be interesting to see fans reaction to this scenario

It would be interesting if the Jets dropped ticket prices and gave away free beer, too. That's at least as likely to happen as Geno F'ing Smith having success.

Fitz is not going anywhere.  The Jets are raising his semi-bluff on the turn.  Fitz has a few outs in the deck, he will go into the think tank, but ultimately he will fold and resign in NY without seeing the river.

This whole episode has convinced me that most Jets Fans buy their cars online. This is really basic negotiating tactics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived