Get Used to Geno Being Your QB Again

drdetroit

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

O God another offseason of people whining about Geno ..  How bout we let things play out before you guys start with the tears .

I actually think there's a lot to be positive about. This would be perfect timing for him. So like, if I may in bullet point:

• Geno has the skillset

• now has starting experience 

• now has time learning from the bench

• key word: ***experienced

• he's cheap

• a full year in the same system under his belt

• has already faced a ton of adversity yet still young, but if not now than never.  That combination is usually a good sign and usually when you see people start to make an upward  turn...if ever

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

I actually think there's a lot to be positive about. This would be perfect timing for him. So like, if I may in bullet point:

• Geno has the skillset

Acting like a punk and getting knocked out is a skillset? It's all he's got. Really.

5 minutes ago, HessStation said:

• Geno has the skillset

• now has starting experience 

• now has time learning from the bench

• key word: ***experienced

• a full year in the same system under his belt

• has already faced a ton of adversity yet still young, but if not now than never.  That combination is usually a good sign and usually when you see people start to make an upward  turn...if ever

New hat, some old dumb head.

geno has a lot of arm talent. geno is tough

some people think he isn't so bright, I disagree, I think he is plenty smart

what I have picked up on is a guy who is really good at something, but has no passion for it, but does it for the money

I think his team mates are onto that as well

if geno becomes the man, we have to pray he suddenly gives a sh*t

yay

17 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

With the Cassel signing in Tenn you would think that Mettenberger has to shake free there somehow.  Would they be putting him on the trade block?  How do ppl feel about Mett?

Mama Cass must give great head...outside of bradford who has stolen more coin?

1 minute ago, Larz said:

geno has a lot of arm talent. geno is tough

some people think he isn't so bright, I disagree, I think he is plenty smart

what I have picked up on is a guy who is really good at something, but has no passion for it, but does it for the money

I think his team mates are onto that as well

if geno becomes the man, we have to pray he suddenly gives a sh*t

yay

From an outsider layman fans perspective I think you hit the nail on the head. Completely agree. I remember through the draft, how he's an artist, a natural introvert      so to speak. Very gifted, but quiet and probably not a natural born leader. With maturity, enough life lessons, adversity and skillset, you can grow into that. Not saying Geno can, but people can. Not even saying he'd necessarily have to. He could remain quiet and composed and still be successful...but there is that level of maturity that wasn't there and needs to be if he gonna ever start another game in the NFL. 

Well that's a blatant lie the coach told Daniels to ink him, you think that owner is gonna let Bradford rot on the bench for that price tag?  Come on be real, Daniels is a fool for falling for the GM telling the 1st time HC he can make a decision like that when he actually can't, even thou he doesn't know it until he trys to make it, and gets Vetoed by GM, and owner.

not from what they were saying on NFL Radio today.

that fist time coach coached daniels last season

Yup. And he's Pedersen's boy - knows his offense, can teach his offense. Pedersen told them to go get him. Speculation that I heard today is that if Daniel wins the job, they may try to trade Bradford.

50 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Why is everyone obsessed with Ryan Fitzpatrick?  Go get Chase Daniel, draft another QB, let the 4 battle it out, and if Geno doesn't win the competition cut him, that would mean Petty, or Daniel won the job, and the other is fine for a backup so Geno wouldn't be needed, and if Geno is good enough to win the job even better.

Daniel is an Eagle.

24 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

With the Cassel signing in Tenn you would think that Mettenberger has to shake free there somehow.  Would they be putting him on the trade block?  How do ppl feel about Mett?

Who knows when these guys become pro, I completely stop following them unless they're on the jets. But Mettenberger was the prototypical dope in college. He was this big, dumb goon with a weird delivery but giant arm. I dunno. *shrugs

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Where you see a lack of awareness, I see heart, toughness and trying his damnedest to earn the team's/fans' respect again.

I see selfishness.  Always about him until its time to take the blame.  This freaking play infuriates me, you come in as a backup to the injured starting QB.  You take one of the dumbest hits you possibly can well after getting the 1st down and then hurts his shoulder and needs to come out of the game and HAVE to HAVE your injured starting QB with a useless thumb line up under center for the end of the game.  

With that said I'm willing to go into the season with him and Petty and if he wins it out I don't see a major drop off from Fitzpatrick since if you look at what Gailey did with Fitz he only ever gave him half the field to work with.  Geno can be as successful with this offense if Gailey does the same for him and Geno only has to have 2 reads (1 high, 1 low) and then checkdown to forte.

40 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Mettenberger wasn't great in college -- when he had OBJ and Jarvis Landry going against college defenses. Just my two cents but he seems like a lazy dope who was propped up by great talent at LSU and has done nothing in Tennessee to inspire anyone.

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

In fact, I'll one-up ya...  I see a leader.

I see a guy who got hurt enough that the guy with a broken hand had to come back into the game for a snap. I see a guy who would rather not pay 600 bucks and get punched in the jaw than compete for a starting QB job. 

So yeah. Total leader. 

3 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I see selfishness.  Always about him until its time to take the blame.  This freaking play infuriates me, you come in as a backup to the injured starting QB.  You take one of the dumbest hits you possibly can well after getting the 1st down and then hurts his shoulder and needs to come out of the game and HAVE to HAVE your injured starting QB with a useless thumb line up under center for the end of the game.  

With that said I'm willing to go into the season with him and Petty and if he wins it out I don't see a major drop off from Fitzpatrick since if you look at what Gailey did with Fitz he only ever gave him half the field to work with.  Geno can be as successful with this offense if Gailey does the same for him and Geno only has to have 2 reads (1 high, 1 low) and then checkdown to forte.

Well, that's a better view than most.  I just really think he was watching/learning from Fitz and seeing him dive around giving his all.  Maybe he was just trying to do the same?  But yeah, over the course of a season... screw that.  Run out of bounds.

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I see a guy who got hurt enough that the guy with a broken hand had to come back into the game for a snap. I see a guy who would rather not pay 600 bucks and get punched in the jaw than compete for a starting QB job. 

So yeah. Total leader. 

Wait he got punched for getting into a dumb argument over money?  $hit, screw that then.  Kick his @ss out of the league.  Lock him up in fact.

Guys cheating, shooting up roids, drinking and driving, raping chicks is all one thing... but an argument with a teammate where the other guy is the one to lose his cool and throw a punch is just too much. 

That's a character issue that can never be corrected. 

Archived