Get Used to Geno Being Your QB Again

drdetroit

With Matt Cassell signing on as a back-up in Tennessee, does that make Zach Mettenberger expendable and a possible trading chip?

He didn't fare too well in spot coverage for Mariota last year, but it's a better option that what's currently facing Jets fans. Any interest in seeing him under Gailey?

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Not that long ago, Zach Mettenberger was viewed by a lot of analysts as a commodity.

A solid preseason in 2015 had some suggesting he was a guy quarterback-needy teams should trade for.

But he played poorly in seven appearances and four starts as Marcus Mariota’s backup, and the Titans are 0-10 in his starts over two seasons.

That prompted the new regime to turn to a veteran backup for competition. Matt Cassel has agreed to a one-year deal with the team, pending a physical.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

With Matt Cassell signing on as a back-up in Tennessee, does that make Zach Mettenberger expendable and a possible trading chip?

He didn't fare too well in spot coverage for Mariota last year, but it's a better option that what's currently facing Jets fans. Any interest in seeing him under Gailey?

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Not that long ago, Zach Mettenberger was viewed by a lot of analysts as a commodity.

A solid preseason in 2015 had some suggesting he was a guy quarterback-needy teams should trade for.

But he played poorly in seven appearances and four starts as Marcus Mariota’s backup, and the Titans are 0-10 in his starts over two seasons.

That prompted the new regime to turn to a veteran backup for competition. Matt Cassel has agreed to a one-year deal with the team, pending a physical.

Zach Mettenberger is a psychopath.

On 3/10/2016 at 11:03 AM, drdetroit said:

I don't get the Deon Simon love the dude was a late rd pick who never played 

Totes.

A late round pick that doesn't take any snaps away from the like of Sheldon, Mo, Leo, and Snacks?

Dude must ****in' SUCK.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He scored on that. 

He did and it was awesome. I don't really have a point. I just wanted to share that.

:)

Oh, one more thing. I do remember him taking a number of hits because he refused to slide.

Archived