Pat Kirwan mock says Connor Cook to Jets

AFJF

I just posted my mock on the board and I have Paxton Lynch going to the Jets and Denver picking Connor Cook at 31. I only see one team that could stop the Jets in getting Lynch and that is the Rams. I just don't see Fisher at this stage taking a rookie QB and getting Foles last year. I think they need to fix their Offensive linen and have them picking Ryan Kelly the best center in this draft who could be an all pro. They basically have nothing at center.

1 minute ago, Tony The Wiz said:

I just posted my mock on the board and I have Paxton Lynch going to the Jets and Denver picking Connor Cook at 31. I only see one team that could stop the Jets in getting Lynch and that is the Rams. I just don't see Fisher at this stage taking a rookie QB and getting Foles last year. I think they need to fix their Offensive linen and have them picking Ryan Kelly the best center in this draft who could be an all pro. They basically have nothing at center.

i agree about the rams.  the jets do not have the extra picks to trade up though.  

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i agree about the rams.  the jets do not have the extra picks to trade up though.  

They don't need to. If you look at the 19 picks before them there is only three teams wanting a QB a t this stage and I explained the third team is the Rams and because Fisher is not a rookie Head Coach he won't pick a QB. That is why I see Paxton coming to the Jets.

42 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Does he? I don't watch college ball at all - never saw him take a single snap even on fluff youtube clips - so can you (or anyone else) elaborate?

I'm no scout just going off what I've seen in the few games I've watched. There was talk about drafting him last year before he went back to school. I was thoroughly unimpressed then, nothing I saw this year changed it. Nothing at all jumps off the screen even against college competition. His arm strength is meh, his accuracy was bad and he constantly seemed to be throwing either flat footed or off balance. Also maybe it's nitpicking but he's a senior QB who didn't get voted a captain. I'm a bit sensitive about having a leader at QB after our last high draft pick got his jaw broken. I don't see a first round QB

Archived