Jets have re-signed Bilal Powell, and signing ex-Saint Khiry Robinson

Morrissey

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sully28 said:

Confused at this signing. Thought Forte would mean Powell would be gone. I prefer Powell, but aren't they basically the same player? I liked the idea of partnering Forte with a Henry or Zeke if they were available. 

If they are BAP when Jets pick they will be.

3 minutes ago, Sully28 said:

Confused at this signing. Thought Forte would mean Powell would be gone. I prefer Powell, but aren't they basically the same player? I liked the idea of partnering Forte with a Henry or Zeke if they were available. 

You need more than one rb in this nfl. And Bilal is no Forte.

Powell and Forte will be a great tandem. Plus they're 5 star individuals. Great insurance if we get stuck and are backs to the wall with an azzwipe like Smith at QB.

They can bring class to the rest of the O.

6 minutes ago, Sully28 said:

Not really, Powell isn't close to Forte'S talent, but he  is a much better pass protector.

3 minutes ago, Sully28 said:

The fact that they're similar players that can catch the ball out of the backfield is kind of the point.

I loved Ivory. But his presence back there versus Powell's on any given down gave the defense less to think about. They could assume a much higher probability of run. Now, all options are on the table on every single down.

If the Jets actually get Fitz to resign at a reasonable amount of money, he's going to also need short passing options. Fitz is not a long ball artist and just about everyone knows it. Fitz was horrible in Buffalo because he didn't have any short passing options. Signing Bilal Powell is huge for Fitz and his success.

5 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

If they are BAP when Jets pick they will be.

Right, obviously RB isn't a need once you sign a Forte. I like signing Powell, gives us depth and a replacement if Forte goes down, but I would've liked to just resign Powell.

3 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

If the Jets actually get Fitz to resign at a reasonable amount of money, he's going to also need short passing options. Fitz is not a long ball artist and just about everyone knows it. Fitz was horrible in Buffalo because he didn't have any short passing options. Signing Bilal Powell is huge for Fitz and his success.

Let's hope that Fitz agrees.

Archived