Jets have re-signed Bilal Powell, and signing ex-Saint Khiry Robinson

Morrissey

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

+1000

We went to two AFCCG's because of Tomlinson's ability to improvise and bail out our QB, then we went 4 years without anyone in that role.  Right now our offense is setting up to give our QB that option on every down, pretty cool.

SAR I

huh, what?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1000

We went to two AFCCG's because of Tomlinson's ability to improvise and bail out our QB, then we went 4 years without anyone in that role.  Right now our offense is setting up to give our QB that option on every down, pretty cool.

SAR I

and if amaro actually pans out they can have guys all over the place for defenses to cover.  wouldn't that be nice, a 2nd rounder panning out (or at the very least not completely sucking)

+1000

SAR I

Except LT was only a Jet for 1 of them.. B)

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

+1000

SAR I

The ability to take a busted play, and give you 2nd and 5 instead of 2nd and 12 is huge.

27 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If that happens you will be the next JN moderator.  Mostly because rest of us will likely quit.

LOL, but....

Many of us wondered what might have happened to Mark after 4 playoff wins turned into Sparano, Schillenz, and McKnight.  Well, if Fitz skips town and it's down to bitter dregs we might get the chance to see Mark with Gailey, Decker, Marshall, Powell, and Forte.

Look up Brett Favre, Steve Young, Jim Plunkett and a score of NFL trash that went on to decent careers with the right coordinators and weapons around them.

And, as Mod, you will serve as my role model as I will be fair and just to all.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

LOL, but....

Many of us wondered what might have happened to Mark after 4 playoff wins turned into Sparano, Schillenz, and McKnight.  Well, if Fitz skips town and it's down to bitter dregs we might get the chance to see Mark with Gailey, Decker, Marshall, Powell, and Forte.

Look up Brett Favre, Steve Young, Jim Plunkett and a score of NFL trash that went on to decent careers with the right coordinators and weapons around them.

SAR I

Thank you and keep your fingers crossed.  I would but they are kinda pudgy so they just kinda blob there and don't cross. 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

LOL, but....

SAR I

Well if you quadruple your daily food intake that would be a good start..:)

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yup... as it should be. Modern day football is about throwing the ball.... and all that stuff.

Sanchez joking aside, any powerful offense relies on the backfield and swing passes and quick screens.  That Powell screen play was gold for us whether we ran it or not the DC had to respect it.  Our redzone production was great.

If Gailey only had a slippery pass catching RB on 30% of the downs last year, well, he's going to have one on every down this season.  Bodes well for a QB with a weakish arm like Fitz or a rook like Petty.

SAR I

Without seeing anything about the numbers, I like this... a lot.  Forte can do absolutely everything, but they're quite clearly not relying on him to be doing it all alone, which is always a smart move for a RB, especially an older one.  While obviously not particularly "young" for RBs these days, neither Powell nor Robinson have much tread on their tires, so it still helps offset the prior age concern.  This also eliminates one potential need temptation come draft day, since many (both fans and reporters), seemed convinced that Forte's age would necessitate them to still be hitting the position early in the draft.

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Get ready, it's happening.

Fitz = too expensive

Kaep = too risky too pricey

Hoyer = shoot me

Best option will be to get a vet 'guy' and fast-track Petty.  Sanchez will be a vet 'guy' on the list and our owner remembers the good times, Celebrate good times.  Come on.

SAR I

although it would make YOU happy, it ain't happening.  

Sanchez is a brain-dead neanderthal thinker who has no clue how to play the position effectively.  Besises, he's as big a turnover machine as is Geno, Fitz or anyone else in the league.  F*ck him and his horrible play for the Jets in the past.  You have always been completely delusional as to his talent, or should I say lack thereof.  He's never been a hard worker either from what I've read.  Acts like an entitled brat.  Was pivotal in the locker room wars under Rex, in other words was just as much at fault for the rifts as were Buress, Mason and Holmes.  No leadership qualities at all.  How could you be so blind?

58 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Get ready, it's happening.

Fitz = too expensive

Kaep = too risky too pricey

Hoyer = shoot me

Best option will be to get a vet 'guy' and fast-track Petty.  Sanchez will be a vet 'guy' on the list and our owner remembers the good times, Celebrate good times.  Come on.

SAR I

Sat 1, our next GM in waiting. 

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Sanchez is a brain-dead neanderthal thinker who has no clue how to play the position effectively.  Besises, he's as big a turnover machine as is Geno, Fitz or anyone else in the league.  F*ck him and his horrible play for the Jets in the past.  You have always been completely delusional as to his talent, or should I say lack thereof.  He's never been a hard worker either from what I've read.  Acts like an entitled brat.  Was pivotal in the locker room wars under Rex, in other words was just as much at fault for the rifts as were Buress, Mason and Holmes.  No leadership qualities at all.  How could you be so blind?

No bullsh*t, I'd take Sanchez over Hoyer in a heartbeat.

Basically the same player, but Sanchez has more upside (still), and wouldn't cost a draft pick if he's going to be released. I hated the idea of trading for Kaep, and sure as sh*t don't want to trade for Hoyer.

If we can't get Fitz, then Sanchez or Matt Moore will suffice. Just be damn sure that Petty gets on the field as soon as he is deemed ready, I guess. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

So we can look forward to Powell dissapearing for 10 games again next year, beasting it up for 2 games, then getting hurt.  Again.

Brilliant.

An adequate backfield while the fan base waits for a GM to will draft a RB early one of these years.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Basically the same player, but Sanchez has more upside (still), and wouldn't cost a draft pick if he's going to be released. I hated the idea of trading for Kaep, and sure as sh*t don't want to trade for Hoyer.

If we can't get Fitz, then Sanchez or Matt Moore will suffice. Just be damn sure that Petty gets on the field as soon as he is deemed ready, I guess. 

Hoyer is awful.   Awful.   I would totally take Sanchez over Hoyer.  

But, I'd take Browning Nagle over Hoyer.  I mean, that dude could get on his knees, and hit a goal post 342 yards away!

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

Did you seriously post that somewhere> If so nice job.

Yeah I kept saying Khiry Robinson was the next Chris Ivory for us.  He is a great bruiser, only 26 and I knew it would be a cheap get just under 2mil probably since the Saints didn't tender him.  Really surprised, the Jets and I never line up on acquisitions! :D

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

There is always Kellen Moore...

5 hours ago, chirorob said:

Anyone know the $$ for Powell or the other guy?

Tom PelisseroVerified account
‏@TomPelissero
#Jets running back deals: 3 years, $11.25M for Bilal Powell with $6M fully guaranteed. 1-year, $1.175M for Khiry Robinson, $80K guaranteed.

Amazing contracts, whole RB core got for ~8.25Mil per yr.

18 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Tom PelisseroVerified account
‏@TomPelissero
#Jets running back deals: 3 years, $11.25M for Bilal Powell with $6M fully guaranteed. 1-year, $1.175M for Khiry Robinson, $80K guaranteed.

Amazing contracts, whole RB core got for ~8.25Mil per yr.

Solid players with not being overly committed. 3yr/2yr/1yr contracts 

Still think Mac Drafts a mid-rd RB 

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

Because my eyes saw four playoff wins and two Championship Games where he was the best Jet on the field.  Mark elevated his play in the postseason, was very rare in that regard.

People here want to throw parades for Ryan Fitzpatrick who put up great stats and looked awesome in spurts, but he put himself in harm's way on continued stupid scrambles in Oakland which cost us several games and he played small in the biggest game of his career, could have erased all those demons, instead he laid an egg in Buffalo.

Not saying this to pump up Mark but rather to point out a bit of a hypocrisy here.  Mark won his win-and-in games.  All of them.  Mark had sketchy moments in the regular season but is the best quarterback since Namath in the playoffs.  Fitzpatrick has never played a playoff game, and he did not put the team on his shoulders and beat the sleepwalking Bills a few months ago.  Where's your vitriol for him?   Mark never played with an offense this talented at WR and RB and OC yet he went further and played better.  Where's the hating on Ryan for his failures?

SAR I

Archived