Jets have re-signed Bilal Powell, and signing ex-Saint Khiry Robinson

Morrissey

8 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Sat 1, our next GM in waiting. 

No, just saying that if the cards fall badly and we lose Fitzpatrick and we can't get Kaepernick and we're stuck with people like Hoyer, Mark Sanchez suddenly isn't that bad an idea.

Maybe a shot at redemption is what Mark needs to get his mojo back.  Hey, no one thought Fitzpatrick would be successful when we signed him, why wouldn't Sanchez be just as likely to emerge next year?  Same diceroll.  Fitzpatrick's resume is worse than Sanchez', even to this day.

SAR I

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, SAR I said:

+1000

We went to two AFCCG's because of Tomlinson's ability to improvise and bail out our QB, then we went 4 years without anyone in that role.  Right now our offense is setting up to give our QB that option on every down, pretty cool.

SAR I

LT was not on the Jets in 2009 when the Jets went to their 1st AFCCG.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

No, just saying that if the cards fall badly and we lose Fitzpatrick and we can't get Kaepernick and we're stuck with people like Hoyer, Mark Sanchez suddenly isn't that bad an idea.

Maybe a shot at redemption is what Mark needs to get his mojo back.  Hey, no one thought Fitzpatrick would be successful when we signed him, why wouldn't Sanchez be just as likely to emerge next year?  Same diceroll.  Fitzpatrick's resume is worse than Sanchez', even to this day.

SAR I

I would absolutely take Sanchez back if the alternative is Geno. If we had Sanchez in 2013, we probably would've made the playoffs.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Because my eyes saw four playoff wins and two Championship Games where he was the best Jet on the field.  Mark elevated his play in the postseason, was very rare in that regard.

People here want to throw parades for Ryan Fitzpatrick who put up great stats and looked awesome in spurts, but he put himself in harm's way on continued stupid scrambles in Oakland which cost us several games and he played small in the biggest game of his career, could have erased all those demons, instead he laid an egg in Buffalo.

Not saying this to pump up Mark but rather to point out a bit of a hypocrisy here.  Mark won his win-and-in games.  All of them.  Mark had sketchy moments in the regular season but is the best quarterback since Namath in the playoffs.  Fitzpatrick has never played a playoff game, and he did not put the team on his shoulders and beat the sleepwalking Bills a few months ago.  Where's your vitriol for him?   Mark never played with an offense this talented at WR and RB and OC yet he went further and played better.  Where's the hating on Ryan for his failures?

SAR I

I can't get past the bold.  We'll never agree on this.  Sanchez abused his time here and became a divisive presence in the clubhouse.  I mostly blame Rex for allowing or maybe directing that Sanchez be coddled and I'll give him that he was poorly coached from day 1 by Cavanaugh and Schotty.  A return here is ill advised.

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

I can't get past the bold.  We'll never agree on this.  Sanchez abused his time here and became a divisive presence in the clubhouse.  I mostly blame Rex for allowing or maybe directing that Sanchez be coddled and I'll give him that he was poorly coached from day 1 by Cavanaugh and Schotty.  A return here is ill advised.

Tell me which Jet played better than Mark Sanchez in the two AFC Championship Games.

If not for lousy no-show Rex Ryan defenses, he wins both games with significant contributions and clutch throws, through nostalgic eyes you'd love him now as much as you'll appreciate Daniel Murphy when you haven't gotten back to the World Series in 6 years.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Tell me which Jet played better than Mark Sanchez in the two AFC Championship Games.

If not for lousy no-show Rex Ryan defenses, he wins both games with significant contributions and clutch throws, through nostalgic eyes you'd love him now as much as you'll appreciate Daniel Murphy when you haven't gotten back to the World Series in 6 years.

SAR I

those 2 TD throws in Indy were spectacular.  the bomb to Braylon as he was about to get crushed by Freeney then the TD to Keller as he was being crushed by a Colt.  I miss those days.

Archived