McCags is Doing everything you wanted...

People in this forum can't complain (for the second year in a row) 

McCags has basically done everything in this forum that the jet masses have wanted. 

He signed a dual threat RB for cheaper then the going rates this year. 

He cut Kerley and Cumberland. Which everyone wanted at jet nation. Possibly Breno. Maybe restructure Brick is the two things you all called for too  

Didnt overpay for Snacks. 

Retained Mo. 

Resigned Bilal. 

Now he he may not be doing things at the pace you all want. (It's day 2 of the league year......) But he is doing it all. 

If if he drafts an OLB in the first round, then maybe. Possibly. Jet nation collectively should apply for the GM job when it becomes available. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Clementi49 said:

McCags has basically done everything in this forum that the jet masses have wanted. 

He cut Kerley and Cumberland. Which everyone wanted at jet nation. Possibly Breno. Maybe restructure Brick is the two things you all called for too  

Retained Mo. 

Resigned Bilal. 

Now he he may not be doing things at the pace you all want. (It's day 2 of the league year......) But he is doing it all. 

If if he drafts an OLB in the first round, then maybe. Possibly. Jet nation collectively should apply for the GM job when it becomes available. 

For me to be happy, he needs to sign a couple of beasts to open up holes for these RB's

• Upvote 1

Look he's signed 3 running backs. And cut a couple of guys who aren't bad players. So not that much proven yet. The big move is at Qb. If he loses Fitz he's potentially putting his head on the chopping block. That's what the fans jumped all over Idzik for. And that was for cornerbacks not your starting Qb coming off of a good year. 

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

Shouldn't have cut Kerley

Because he is so excellent at fair catches?  It's obvious after last year he wasn't going to see the field as a receiver.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Shouldn't have cut Kerley

Idzik should never have given Kerley that contract.  Kerley is a JAG.  Should have been kicked off this team years ago instead of extended.  Unfortunately the rest of the WR situation was so atrocious that I guess Idsuck felt he had no choice.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

For me to be happy, he needs to sign a couple of beasts to open up holes for these RB's

Who?

And how do you want him to pay for them? 

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Oh we can complain. Logic need not get in the way of a good complaint. :)

Was thinking the same thing when I read "People in this forum can't complain (for the second year in a row)"

Because when we went from a 4 win team to a 10 win team plenty of people complained, whined and cried.  Still are 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who?

And how do you want him to pay for them? 

The same way he was going to pay for Olivier Vernon's $14-15m contract.

Get creative Jet Nut... Breno/Brick is a nice place to start when you sign 2 OLmen

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

The same way he was going to pay for Olivier Vernon's $14-15m contract.

Get creative Jet Nut... Breno/Brick is a nice place to start when you sign 2 OLmen

He wasnt ever going to pay Olivier 15 mil.

You left the import piece of the puzzle out, who?  Beastly OL cost 8-10 mil per each, you said a couple, thats 16-20.  Big money, on who

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He wasnt ever going to pay Olivier 15 mil.

You left the import piece of the puzzle out, who?  Beastly OL cost 8-10 mil per each, you said a couple, thats 16-20.  Big money, on who

Then why were they one of the last teams to drop out at $15m. Go read the reports from Rappaport and others.

You saying that they are lying?

For the 100th time Beachum at LT and I'd sign Andre Smith @ RT.You can get both those guys for $14m but I'm sure you'll say

"No freaking way" and drone on for a bit but those are your opinions and I've got mine and they don't match up

..... so I'll leave it there.

2 hours ago, Clementi49 said:

Retained Mo. 

Resigned Bilal. 

Trade Mo and cut Revis next year I'll be happy 

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Then why were they one of the last teams to drop out at $15m. Go read the reports from Rappaport and others.

You saying that they are lying?

For the 100th time Beachum at LT and I'd sign Andre Smith @ RT.You can get both those guys for $14m but I'm sure you'll say

"No freaking way" and drone on for a bit but those are your opinions and I've got mine and they don't match up

..... so I'll leave it there.

I don't believe a word Rappaport says.  When the Jets or someone has credible evidence that the Jets dropped out at 15mil I'll believe it.  We were willing to pay 15 mil per for a 7.5 sack player who isn't as good as Mo? 

The day Rappaport comes back with something that no one else knows will be his first.

i didn't get the Beachum at LT and Andre Smith at RT memo.  What are you going to do with Bricks contract?  Just ignore it and pay 26 mil+ at LT? Kind of why I don't see your opinion working.  I think we can pull off a RT move, maybe.  No way both.  

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I don't believe a word Rappaport says.  When the Jets or someone has credible evidence that the Jets dropped out at 15mil I'll believe it.  We were willing to pay 15 mil per for a 7.5 sack player who isn't as good as Mo? 

The day Rappaport comes back with something that no one else knows will be his first.

i didn't get the Beachum at LT and Andre Smith at RT memo.  What are you going to do with Bricks contract?  Just ignore it and pay 26 mil+ at LT? Kind of why I don't see your opinion working.  I think we can pull off a RT move, maybe.  No way both.  

Cut Brick AND Breno and go with younger Beachum and Smith.

1 hour ago, Joejet said:

Because he is so excellent at fair catches?  It's obvious after last year he wasn't going to see the field as a receiver.

Because if we were able to trade him away for a 7th in the 2020 draft we would have gotten an extra mil in cap space or something. I liked Kerley I thought he was a good reliable receiver but no point in paying him if you aren't going to use him.

33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Rappaport was the first to report at least 50% of the signings I saw yesterday on twitter. He was 3 steps ahead of Schefter, and when he didn't break it, he was second and crediting the first guy.

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Now I know you're just breaking balls to be difficult lol. ;) 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Rappaport was the first to report at least 50% of the signings I saw yesterday on twitter. He was 3 steps ahead of Schefter, and when he didn't break it, he was second and crediting the first guy.

Not as if there is any investigative reporting on his behalf.  Teams and agents use these guys to get their messages, signings and cuts out.  They are reporters, thats it.  The rest of the time its, hmmmmm, Fitz is a FA, the Jets, B ronco's etc need a QB, every QB rumor I report will be i hear so and so is sought after by the Jets, Bronco's etc.  Not really breaking anything

It makes 0 sense that a team in negotiations, either close to signing would let anyone know that they were close to signing that player and that it was imminent.  Why would they? To bring in another team to start a bidding war?  Makes no sense on any level.  After that fact is not big deal and we're talking rumors of deals that never happened