McCags is Doing everything you wanted...

Clementi49

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Now I know you're just breaking balls to be difficult lol. ;) 

18 mil is on the books for D'Brick this year.  It has to be dealt with on some level.  I dont know what we're on the hook for, this is a redone contract.  Right now you have 18mil for Brick and the 7 he wants to spend on his replacement.  I'll ask again, how much are we then pouring into the LT position.

Not breaking balls or being difficult, this isnt fantasy football, there can be financial ramifications to cutting players.

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

So far so good, still the most important position on the team is still in Limbo.

You can't do everything at once. Mac is doing the right thing, just keep building up the talent and take out the trash. When the right opportunity presents itself then make a move for your QB

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Cut Brick and magically his 18 mil goes away?

All but $3.7 dead money this yr.(saves us $10.3m in cap space net $6.8m) and $1.2m next yr. in dead money(saves us $13m )

There is your LT and most of RT salary for both years, and better production.

5 hours ago, Clementi49 said:

People in this forum can't complain (for the second year in a row) 

McCags has basically done everything in this forum that the jet masses have wanted. 

He signed a dual threat RB for cheaper then the going rates this year. 

He cut Kerley and Cumberland. Which everyone wanted at jet nation. Possibly Breno. Maybe restructure Brick is the two things you all called for too  

Didnt overpay for Snacks. 

Retained Mo. 

Resigned Bilal. 

Now he he may not be doing things at the pace you all want. (It's day 2 of the league year......) But he is doing it all. 

If if he drafts an OLB in the first round, then maybe. Possibly. Jet nation collectively should apply for the GM job when it becomes available. 

Bilal Powell signing seems a little redundant to me at $4mil a year (speculation). We would have been better served with drafting an RB in round 3 or 4. I say this because of the salary cap situation we are in. Powell can catch. So can Forte. I understand Forte is old, but thats why you draft a young RB and hope to ride him 4 years for $2.5mil total.

Too early to tell, but Mac has lined things up pretty well.  He signed some players to 1 year deals, some to 3 year deals (Revis and Harris) and most of the rest to 2 year deals; I read that in 2017 most of the players can be released without significant cap implications.  This is exactly what you want when building a young team.  Fill it with enough veterans to make the team competitive and slowly replace them with younger players from the draft, and UDFAs.

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I don't believe a word Rappaport says.  When the Jets or someone has credible evidence that the Jets dropped out at 15mil I'll believe it.  We were willing to pay 15 mil per for a 7.5 sack player who isn't as good as Mo? 

The day Rappaport comes back with something that no one else knows will be his first.

i didn't get the Beachum at LT and Andre Smith at RT memo.  What are you going to do with Bricks contract?  Just ignore it and pay 26 mil+ at LT? Kind of why I don't see your opinion working.  I think we can pull off a RT move, maybe.  No way both.  

You are definitely entitled to your opinion on Rappaport but the man has put in overtime this year.  He has been killing Schefty at breaking FA news stories this week.  And he actually has some ethics and morals unlike Schefter.  If he said it I would trust him.  The dudes hasn't been wrong in pretty much the entire FA process this week.

Plus this isn't just Macc and the players agent, its Macc, his scouts, contract people, dozens of front office workers.  This information easily gets leaked when FA runs rampant.  I agree with you that some of it is smokescreens, but where there is smoke there is usually fire.

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

Bilal Powell signing seems a little redundant to me at $4mil a year (speculation). We would have been better served with drafting an RB in round 3 or 4. I say this because of the salary cap situation we are in. Powell can catch. So can Forte. I understand Forte is old, but thats why you draft a young RB and hope to ride him 4 years for $2.5mil total.

This offense is predicated on the RBs being versatile, knowing their blocking assignments, and having good hands. Forte & Powell don't have to be taught how to do it efficiently like some rookie. Jets are trying to win next year.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

18 mil is on the books for D'Brick this year.  It has to be dealt with on some level.  I dont know what we're on the hook for, this is a redone contract.  Right now you have 18mil for Brick and the 7 he wants to spend on his replacement.  I'll ask again, how much are we then pouring into the LT position.

Not breaking balls or being difficult, this isnt fantasy football, there can be financial ramifications to cutting players.

Lol what?

He counts $14M if kept. If cut as a post-June 1 designation he counts $3.1M is year and $1.2M next year. Or we could take all $4.3M on the chin this year if so desired.

If he is spending $7M on Ferguson's replacement he clears $4M or $5M depending on when his cut is designated. Clears as in saves $4M or $5M this year alone. 

I don't know where you get your numbers from but they're way off.

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

All but $3.7 dead money this yr.(saves us $10.3m in cap space net $6.8m) and $1.2m next yr. in dead money(saves us $13m )

There is your LT and most of RT salary for both years, and better production.

Workable I guess, thats what I was getting at, wasnt sure what we were on the hook for, thanks

28 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Lol what?

He counts $14M if kept. If cut as a post-June 1 designation he counts $3.1M is year and $1.2M next year. Or we could take all $4.3M on the chin this year if so desired.

If he is spending $7M on Ferguson's replacement he clears $4M or $5M depending on when his cut is designated. Clears as in saves $4M or $5M this year alone. 

I don't know where you get your numbers from but they're way off.

I was under the impression he was at 18 mil and its 14.  I asked, what is the hit is.  Im getting that I was off, wasnt sure

39 minutes ago, Jetster said:

This offense is predicated on the RBs being versatile, knowing their blocking assignments, and having good hands. Forte & Powell don't have to be taught how to do it efficiently like some rookie. Jets are trying to win next year.

Matt Forte and Powell are essentially the same type of players, except Forte is more talented. Rookie RB can bring a different dimension to the backfield. Speed and youth. It would've also saved $4mil as well. Having Powell helps, obviously, but I personally would've liked drafting a rookie approach and hopefully grooming him for the future.

10 hours ago, j4jets said:

Matt Forte and Powell are essentially the same type of players, except Forte is more talented. Rookie RB can bring a different dimension to the backfield. Speed and youth. It would've also saved $4mil as well. Having Powell helps, obviously, but I personally would've liked drafting a rookie approach and hopefully grooming him for the future.

Jets signed all 3 for the same as Ivory signed for....win....win...win!

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Close enough for me. Love the versatility!

Again, Forte n Powell are no different. We could've had Forte, Khiry n a rookie for less than Ivory. That would've been ideal in a cap strapped year. 

21 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

If people get mad at Mac for not signing Fitz at $18 million dollars than they are NUTS!!

Absolutely. The one thing you cannot do is overpay. It's one thing to lose a player to a team that throws outrageous money at a player (Giants 24 mill guaranteed for Snacks?) than to match that stupid offer which is going to get Jerry Reece fired. If Fitz gets a better offer than the Jets 7 mill offer more power to him, but that team will have vastly overpaid. The lingering rememberance I have of Fitz is the int he threw in the end zone to a guy that wasn't remotely open. He choked in the biggest game of the year, and THAT has been his calling card his whole career. I am not saying I don't want him back because he is an upgrade over Geno, but I won't blame Mac if he leaves for ridiculous money.

4 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Again, Forte n Powell are no different. We could've had Forte, Khiry n a rookie for less than Ivory. That would've been ideal in a cap strapped year. 

The rookie would barely play. Football is 4 quarters, guys get hurt. It's nice to have guys that are interchangeable. If we had Forte last year we probably beat the Bills & go to the playoffs. Instead Powell got hurt & we went right down the sh*tter, and the lack of depth at RB was a HUGE reason why.

Just now, Jetster said:

The rookie would barely play. Football is 4 quarters, guys get hurt. It's nice to have guys that are interchangeable. If we had Forte last year we probably beat the Bills & go to the playoffs. Instead Powell got hurt & we went right down the sh*tter, and the lack of depth at RB was a HUGE reason why.

Ridley had nothing and obviously neither did Stacy, so good riddance to both of them. I am glad they retained Powell and I think Forte will do what LT did in his years here. He was a good leader and showed he still had something in the tank. I think Forte has plenty left.

15 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Ridley had nothing and obviously neither did Stacy, so good riddance to both of them. I am glad they retained Powell and I think Forte will do what LT did in his years here. He was a good leader and showed he still had something in the tank. I think Forte has plenty left.

It's funny, for years Jet fans have been bitching about them not spending enough money on the offense or drafting offense. We had Decker, we traded for Marshall, we drafted Devin Smith in the 2nd round. We took Jarvis to bring along on the Oline. This year our 1st free agent target is an awesome though slightly old RB that was made for Chan Gaileys offense, we resign Powell who had a huge hand in our 5 game winning streak. We sign Khiry Robinson, a 220 LB guy who Bill Parcells whose running style reminded him of Curtis Martin. He even signed Dri Archer trying to add some speed to both special teams & at RB. And Mac did all of this for 2 million over what the Jags gave Chris Ivory. Mac will never win this fan base over,lol.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

It's funny, for years Jet fans have been bitching about them not spending enough money on the offense or drafting offense. We had Decker, we traded for Marshall, we drafted Devin Smith in the 2nd round. We took Jarvis to bring along on the Oline. This year our 1st free agent target is an awesome though slightly old RB that was made for Chan Gaileys offense, we resign Powell who had a huge hand in our 5 game winning streak. We sign Khiry Robinson, a 220 LB guy who Bill Parcells whose running style reminded him of Curtis Martin. He even signed Dri Archer trying to add some speed to both special teams & at RB. And Mac did all of this for 2 million over what the Jags gave Chris Ivory. Mac will never win this fan base over,lol.

You don't get the point, but it's ok.

Archived