Jump to content

Shefter: RGIII VISITING JETS -- MERGED


Recommended Posts

This is a good thing guys.  Remember, we run a spread like offense.... similar to RG3 in college and his first year in the NFL.  

I'd like to bring in Fitz and RG3, but it could be worse than RG3 for this offense.  It could be Kaep or Sanchez...

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here I was, worried this offseason might be dull. 

Maccagnan tells Sexton don't mess with me and drops the mic

If you were in his shoes at the time, you'd have done the same thing. 

Posted Images

Lol, this is a great off season if only for the drama.  It was supposed to be a nice little Fitz gets resigned a week after the season and move on from there. 

I've gone on record that I thought RG3 was worth at least a look see.  He is as polarizing as any Qb out there so I expect 1/2 of the forum to be foaming at the mouth at how bad it is and 1/2 of the forum to be foaming at the mouth at how good it is.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Plan B? Robert Griffin III to visit with New York Jets

3
 
 

The New York Jets still don't have Ryan Fitzpatrick under contract. An intriguing Plan B has stepped into the picture.

0ap3000000638383.jpg
Watch:

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that former Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III will visit with the Jets on Friday, according to a source with knowledge of his plans.

It's the latest twist in the offseason QB saga for Gang Green. Fitzpatrick and the team are at a stalemate in contract talks, which has led general manager Mike Maccagnan to look at other options on the free-agent market. The team has been connected as an interested party in 49ersquarterback Colin Kaepernick as well.

Griffin is on the market after the end of a tumultuous four-year run with the Redskins. He didn't play a single snap last year after losing his starting job to Kirk Cousins. Jets owner Woody Johnson might have sold a piece of the team to get his hands on the 2012 version of RGIII, but there are plenty of reasons to doubt Griffin still has greatness in him.

And that's before you get into what kind of fit Griffin might be in Gotham following his rocky stay in D.C. The bottom line: Ryan Fitzpatrick remains -- easily -- the best fit for the team in 2016, but the Jets can't rely on blind optimism in negotiations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KRL said:

What comes of this visit I have no idea BUT I love the fact that our front office no longer
reacts to the demands of agents/players.  We have multiple plans in place and if someone
doesn't want to be here we move on

This 100000000 Percent!!!

The Jets FO has a real plan under Mac and it shows!!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

He probably would, if another team was actually willing to pay the initial 16-18 million. 

yea, i am going to put my norstradomous junior hat on and predict that fitz doesnt sign a 16m-18m deal with any team

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this mean that Jets are no longer (or were never) interested in Kaepernick?  Or maybe Jets/Broncos are making moves so that the price for the Kaepernick trade goes down? If teams in the Kaepernick pursuit find viable options, maybe the price for the 49ers comes down to a 3rd or 4th.  

Let's say the Jets sign RG3 and drop from the pursuit of Kaepernick.  That only leaves Cleveland  (with the 2nd pick) and the Broncos which just signed Sanchez.  The trade market for Kaepernick dries up and Broncos could pursue with a lower draft pick.

Likewise, if the Broncos believe they can take their chances with Sanchez and the draft (probably not a great idea).  So they pull out of the Kaepernick pursuit.  Perhaps the Jets attempt to trade for Kaepernick for a 3rd/4th rather than the 2nd. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I would love to hear Marshall ' s take on the QB he'd like to work with.

Marshall can succeed with and make any QB look good.  Look what he did for Fitz.

 

 

Other than Tebow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nyjbuddy said:

Does this mean that Jets are no longer (or were never) interested in Kaepernick?  Or maybe Jets/Broncos are making moves so that the price for the Kaepernick trade goes down? If teams in the Kaepernick pursuit find viable options, maybe the price for the 49ers comes down to a 3rd or 4th.  

Let's say the Jets sign RG3 and drop from the pursuit of Kaepernick.  That only leaves Cleveland  (with the 2nd pick) and the Broncos which just signed Sanchez.  The trade market for Kaepernick dries up and Broncos could pursue with a lower draft pick.

Likewise, if the Broncos believe they can take their chances with Sanchez and the draft (probably not a great idea).  So they pull out of the Kaepernick pursuit.  Perhaps the Jets attempt to trade for Kaepernick for a 3rd/4th rather than the 2nd. 

And as soon as I posted this:

Which make the idea obsolete

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not gonna lie, it's kind of exciting. If we're gonna pay someone to implode, may as well the younger guy with some hope.

Can't tell me Gailey won't give him a shot to look good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Not gonna lie, it's kind of exciting. If we're gonna pay someone to implode, may as well the younger guy with some hope.

Can't tell me Gailey won't give him a shot to look good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gailey made me  believer last year, not just in Qb play but the red zone efficiency which is huge in this league.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He is as polarizing as any Qb out there so I expect 1/2 of the forum to be foaming at the mouth at how bad it is and 1/2 of the forum to be foaming at the mouth at how good it is.

Half this forum is deserving of a stern "STFU and sit down"...

b*tch and whine about Geno.

Bitch and whine about Fitz' contract,

Bitch and whine about RG3

Insufferable bastards - the lot of you. Like what do you want Jets fans?? We don't have a franchise QB on the roster... THIS is the kinds of things a team has to do when they don't have the answer. Stop whining like a bunch nancy boys. 

Have a little faith. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

FA, so don't have to give anything up for him.  He should be very cheap.  Kinda like it.  Let him, Geno and Petty battle for it.  Best wins the job.

No way to lose.

Geno won't be on the opening day roster if they sign this guy. It'll be RGIII, Petty, and a draft pick. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

Geno won't be on the opening day roster if they sign this guy. It'll be RGIII, Petty, and a draft pick. 

 

Based on....? Petty is only a legend here in JN... why the hell would Mac ditch Geno for Petty? Petty will have to beat Geno in camp to keep his roster spot (if you assume like i do that we're drafting a QB)... and honestly, if Petty CAN'T beat out Geno this summer, then he should be sent his walking papers. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

 

Based on....? Petty is only a legend here in JN... why the hell would Mac ditch Geno for Petty? Petty will have to beat Geno in camp to keep his roster spot (if you assume like i do that we're drafting a QB)... and honestly, if Petty CAN'T beat out Geno this summer, then he should be sent his walking papers. 

Seriously?

Because Macc drafted Petty and Idzik drafted Geno?

Because Petty has never failed here?

Because Petty costs almost nothing and is under contract for a few more seasons

Because they brought Petty in to be be a backup and maybe more, not to be the starter

Keep going? lol

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...