Shefter: RGIII VISITING JETS -- MERGED

Maxman

50 minutes ago, Larz said:

He was doing national commercials right after being drafted was acting like he had 3 rings and was just a cocky little sh*t

So it's his fault he was asked to be in commercials? he should just turn them down right?

Luck does plenty commercials too, and he hasn't accomplished anything either. Is he a cocky little sh*t too?

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't RGIII's issue that Dan Snyder anointed him the King of the Free World and that pissed off his teammates and coaches?

His real problem is that he blew out his knee and wasn't fast anymore.  And wasn't able to adjust to being a pocket guy.

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Seriously?

Because Macc drafted Petty and Idzik drafted Geno?

Because Petty has never failed here?

Because Petty costs almost nothing and is under contract for a few more seasons

Because they brought Petty in to be be a backup and maybe more, not to be the starter

Keep going? lol

--Mac didn't draft 89% of the roster... what's your point? How about this, it makes zero sense to cut Geno for no other reason than because JN doesn't like him. Petty hasn't been able to beat a wet towel on the practice field, so why the fck would we cut someone with starts under their belt for a Bryce "Ratliff" Petty.

I honestly think less of people when they makes posts like this. It's clear its a personal thing, and not management caliber decision making. If Petty can beat out a housefly in camp this year, then sure, you look how provides better long term, financially sound sense... until then, gimme a break.   

We're getting a lot of different signals from the Jets. I didn't know that Mac was such a great BSer. Mark Dominick on ESPN said there's lots of crazy stuff going on in negotiations between GMs and agents. Bad language, screaming and yelling, hanging up phones, etc. Mac doesn't look like that kind of a dude but who knows. I have to admit the RG3 thing is a big surprise if he comes here. Not that there isn't talent but to be honest he'll be a big project. And Fitz can just step in and continue the work he did last year. Also basically the Jets don't have any money. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

They should sign RGIII, then offer Fitz $4 mil. He has zero leverage 

sign RGIII for as little as possible, mercifully cut Geno Useless Smith, Allow Fitz back in the door at a back-up Salary (ok give him a little more, say $6 mill) and let Petty, RGIII and Fitz battle it out.

Kaepernick and RGIII are both better options than Geno Smith, and as someone else said, we have to keep plugging away until we find a franchise type QB.  Between RGIII and Kaepernik, It seems to me that Kaepernick has been the arrogant and cocky one, not RGIII, and I would be fine if we gave RGIII a shot.

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

We're getting a lot of different signals from the Jets. I didn't know that Mac was such a great BSer. Mark Dominick on ESPN said there's lots of crazy stuff going on in negotiations between GMs and agents. Bad language, screaming and yelling, hanging up phones, etc. Mac doesn't look like that kind of a dude but who knows. I have to admit the RG3 thing is a big surprise if he comes here. Not that there isn't talent but to be honest he'll be a big project. And Fitz can just step in and continue the work he did last year. Also basically the Jets don't have any money. 

We could have an extra $20m with a double stroke of Mac's pen.

5 minutes ago, King P said:

So it's his fault he was asked to be in commercials? he should just turn them down right?

Luck does plenty commercials too, and he hasn't accomplished anything either. Is he a cocky little sh*t too?

Bunch of Racists, lol

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

sign RGIII for as little as possible, mercifully cut Geno Useless Smith, Allow Fitz back in the door at a back-up Salary (ok give him a little more, say $6 mill) and let Petty, RGIII and Fitz battle it out.

I'm on board with this.

2 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I'm on board with this.

Geno is 1.6 million,lol. Where you gonna find a QB for that little as a backup? RGIII has had an entire year off to get really healthy. We need to look under every stone, beggars can't be choosers folks.

10 minutes ago, King P said:

Luck has that beard, though. Gotta respect a beard.

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

--Mac didn't draft 89% of the roster... what's your point? How about this, it makes zero sense to cut Geno for no other reason than because JN doesn't like him. Petty hasn't been able to beat a wet towel on the practice field, so why the fck would we cut someone with starts under their belt for a Bryce "Ratliff" Petty.

I honestly think less of people when they makes posts like this. It's clear its a personal thing, and not management caliber decision making. If Petty can beat out a housefly in camp this year, then sure, you look how provides better long term, financially sound sense... until then, gimme a break.   

Dude...

...he's had one training camp and season of NFL practice.

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Macc is passive aggressive.

Sexton: "We want 15 mil a year, no less."

Macc: "Okay, thank you for your consideration of the New York Jets being your client's team this upcoming season. We'll get back to you, and have a great day."

*Hangs up the phone*

Macc: "Somebody get me the number for RGIII's agent, please."

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

Wanting to brink back Fitz and RGIII on the cheap to let them duke it out in training camp and dump Smith makes us idiots?  Why?

Yes... because it's not based on anything resembling probable reality. Fitz AND Rg3?? where's the money coming from bro.

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yes... because it's not based on anything resembling probable reality. Fitz AND Rg3?? where's the money coming from bro.

RGIII isn't getting some huge deal from anyone. The guy didn't take one snap last year.

RGIII isn't getting some huge deal from anyone. The guy didn't take one snap last year.

Whatever you say man. He'll probably sign for league min, right?

Hey I got an idea - let's talk Fitz down to a reasonable number -- then waste the savings on another QB JUST so we can cut geno

Brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Not sure how the money could / would work out, but the reality is that the Jets are in the drivers seat with Fitz and there doesn't seem to be much of a market for him or RGIII.  Yes, its obviously a longshot, but if the Jets can somehow swing it, why not? 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Hey I got an idea - let's talk Fitz down to a reasonable number -- then waste the savings on another QB JUST so we can cut geno

Brilliant.

These are the same guys who want to give Fitzpatrick a blank check because they like his personality. No use trying to reason here

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Brilliant.

What's your problem dude?

I never said league minimum. Griffin is getting a prove it deal wherever he ends up.

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Brilliant.

Its not about cutting Geno, its about hedging your bets at the top of the QB depth chart.  Gotta keep hustling to you find the right QB.

2 minutes ago, cant wait said:

These are the same guys who want to give Fitzpatrick a blank check because they like his personality. No use trying to reason here

More moronic idiocy from the people that dislike Fitzpatrick.  Not one person, even pretty well every single person that defends Ftizpatrick has said or hinted at this, almost to a person they are prepared to let him walk if he wants more than our front office wants to pay him.  Some people never get tired of making pure stupid comments.

Not sure how the money could / would work out, but the reality is that the Jets are in the drivers seat with Fitz and there doesn't seem to be much of a market for him or RGIII.  Yes, its obviously a longshot, but if the Jets can somehow swing it, why not? 

Why the long hard road? If we sign rg3 that's it. No Fitz. Why fill the roster with meddling talent just to cut someone you don't like?

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Why the long hard road? If we sign rg3 that's it. No Fitz. Why fill the roster with meddling talent just to cut someone you don't like?

True. RGIII has been known to get involved in other people's affairs. A very meddlesome QB.

Its not about cutting Geno, its about hedging your bets at the top of the QB depth chart.  Gotta keep hustling to you find the right QB.

There's 2 things happening here (you two jet9)... 1-- it is personal. You would never suggest such an inefficient and expensive solution otherwise. It's NY... How do think this plays out when you have too many big name sucky QBs

2- it's like half of you are sleeping on the fact that they plan to draft a QB... Like early. We don't need all this BS. It's a year bande aide. Hopefully it's Fitz. If not - who cares!! Geno. Rg3. They're all just keeping the seat warm

Archived