Shefter: RGIII VISITING JETS -- MERGED

Maxman

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People change.  So what if he sold sandwiches for Subway his rookie year.  Back then his fans were all about it. 

I like his strong arm, and mobility.  If he could learn to avoid the big hit instead of instigating it he would be money.  

Maybe having a supporting cast (in Marshall, Decker, Forte, and dare I say Gresham) he won't feel the need to improvise with his legs; could be a great great signing. 

3 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

People change.  So what if he sold sandwiches for Subway his rookie year.  Back then his fans were all about it. 

I like his strong arm, and mobility.  If he could learn to avoid the big hit instead of instigating it he would be money.  

Maybe having a supporting cast (in Marshall, Decker, Forte, and dare I say Gresham) he won't feel the need to improvise with his legs; could be a great great signing. 

His mechanics are terrible. Throws off his back foot, doesn't stay in the pocket, holds the ball too long and doesn't have great accuracy and short.

Does have a strong arm, has speed.

If it's a 1 yr. show me deal I'm all for it.

Come to camp and compete.

Even below avg. QB's can start on this team.

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

His mechanics are terrible. Throws off his back foot, doesn't stay in the pocket, holds the ball too long and doesn't have great accuracy and short.

Does have a strong arm, has speed.

If it's a 1 yr. show me deal I'm all for it.

Come to camp and compete.

Even below avg. QB's can start on this team.

Even his back-foot throws sail 60+, can you imagine if he stepped into them?

Just now, Dcat said:

that's right.  The team offices are probably still in St. Louis.

How stupid is this fan base? Is our bar set so low that we settle for a QB who had a career year that resulted in no post season? I like Fitz, but this is a low risk high reward potential signing!

11 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I don't understand why any Jets fan wouldn't want RG 3? He will not command a big contract, it's a hugh reward small risk move.  What if actually turns into the franchise QB this team craves?

Because they've already decided that they don't like his personality 

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

How stupid is this fan base? Is our bar set so low that we settle for a QB who had a career year that resulted in no post season? I like Fitz, but this is a low risk high reward potential signing!

That's right, RG3 is a post season warrior...you do realize the guy was benched long ago for POOR play and has been sitting on the sidelines, while Fitz just went 10-5 as an active starting QB in the league and set a franchise record for TD passes? Part of the reason Fitz hasn't made the playoffs is that he has been mired on horrible teams. Maybe if the guy actually had a second year in this offense and was given an opportunity at some continuity good things might happen?

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Agreed! he's an interesting prospect....kind of like Tebow, but much better. They're both"Off" somehow.

Having three young QBs that can legit stretch the field is more exciting for me than watching Fitz double-hitch a 50 yarder--making Marshall come back for the ball.  We need that element (the occasional deep-shot) to take this offense to the next level.  

Just now, UpstateJetsGuru said:

That's right, RG3 is a post season warrior...you do realize the guy was benched long ago for POOR play and has been sitting on the sidelines, while Fitz just went 10-5 as an active starting QB in the league and set a franchise record for TD passes? Part of the reason Fitz hasn't made the playoffs is that he has been mired on horrible teams. Maybe if the guy actually had a second year in this offense and was given an opportunity at some continuity good things might happen?

How high are you willing to go on Fitz's contract?

1 minute ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

It wasn't just poor play though.  It was poor decision making; and I don't mean with the ball...with his body. The kid puts himself in danger, kinda like one Ryan Fitzpatrick, and having the contract that he had made it a liability to let him run around on the field.  I saw him re-enter a game he almost got killed in to do the same stupid stuff.  He was reckless.  Gruden told him to cut it out, and he didn't.  Because of that he put his team in jeopardy, and put the team in a position where if he got seriously injured they would be on the hook for the final (expensive) years of his contract.  So he was pulled. 

It's my understanding that his not-playing (2015) was a purely financial decision. 

6 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

And to your second point.  MAYBE Fitz would improve with continuity.  All he has to do is sign the contract before him.  Apparently he doesn't like the offer so the Jets need to cover they ass, and start looking for options. 

I have seen the Fitz 10-5 for 2015 a number of times when in reality he was 10-6 as a starter.  He started the Oakland game and as such is the starter of record.  I like Fitz but it's not fair to Geno to hang the loss on him when he was not the starter.

So many complaints about a 26 year old with top 5 upside who will come cheap.........

Im extremely happy with this GM and FO. They clearly have a very specific plan and grades and dont give an F what others think. Signing RG3 for half the price of Fitz with 10x the upside would be brilliant. 

Not to mention Rg3 was cut so we would end up with a 3rd round comp in the switch....

1 minute ago, Shockwave said:

So many complaints about a 26 year old with top 5 upside who will come cheap.........

Im extremely happy with this GM and FO. They clearly have a very specific plan and grades and dont give an F what others think. Signing RG3 for half the price of Fitz with 10x the upside would be brilliant. 

Not to mention Rg3 was cut so we would end up with a 3rd round comp in the switch....

That's because RG3 isn't their "type" of QB

41 minutes ago, Joejet said:

I have seen the Fitz 10-5 for 2015 a number of times when in reality he was 10-6 as a starter.  He started the Oakland game and as such is the starter of record.  I like Fitz but it's not fair to Geno to hang the loss on him when he was not the starter.

The loss belongs to neither. That game was not really on either QB. 

Archived