Fitz in LA???

Clementi49

23 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Fitz and Jets doing the free agent tango.  

This, the Jets interest in Kaep and entertaining RGIII is more than a free agent tango.  

I think Ftiz overplayed his hand and is gone.

24 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Fitz and Jets doing the free agent tango.  

macc isn't playing around with the posturing and visits and leaks.  you know he's out of moves when they leak interest in hoyer, lol

one reason they're not in a rush to bring back fitz is b/c they will probably draft a qb high, and by next season either petty or the rook will be starting.  mccags does not want to spend a lot of money for a multiple year deal on a qb who will not be starting after next season.

This could be Mac's Revis. Idzik got beat up for sitting on money and not signing cornerbacks. A lot of this imo was spin by Rex and his fans including Mehta. In this case Mac was left a lot of money which he liberally spent last year (including re-signing Revis for prohibitive money) and now he's faced with budgetary problems and it could mean he's not financially able to re-sign Fitz, etc. Look if we lose Fitz and because of this go backwards he's going to get grilled. Even though he was Exec of the Year in 2015. If Mac is a survivor he will find a way to re-sign Fitz and pay him market. 

20 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I want Fitz back at a reasonable price. That is all.

He will be back. The fact is that he can't find anyone that's going to pay him starter money. He knows it, the Jets know it, Fitz's agent knows it. Fitz already got paid a boatload by Buffalo for sucking at QB. It's time for him to be realistic and come back to the only team where a starting job is all but guaranteed for enough money. 

I am not worrying about Fitz coming back, and even if he doesn't, the Jets are prepared

Just now, Rangers9 said:

This could be Mac's Revis. Idzik got beat up for sitting on money and not signing cornerbacks. A lot of this imo was spin by Rex and his fans including Mehta. In this case Mac was left a lot of money which he liberally spen last year (including re-signing Revis for prohibitive money) and now he's faced with budgetary problems and it could mean he's not financially able to re-sign Fitz, etc. Look if we lose Fitz and because of this go backwards he's going to get grilled. Even though he was Exec of the Year in 2015. If Mac is a survivor he will find a way to re-sign Fitz and pay him market. 

the revis, skrine and cro deals are (were) maccs problem.  everybody seems to want to get rid of mo and brick but the revis deal is a huge anchor around this teams neck and he just can't run with the young guys anymore and that's not going to get any better

the only move he has left is cutting breno.   (sorry guys, $5 mill in dead money for brick is basically giving away a decent starter slot)

he took a chance trading for a guy in his walk year, but I'm sure he never envisioned fitz playing in 16 games and throwing 31 TD's

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

This could be Mac's Revis. Idzik got beat up for sitting on money and not signing cornerbacks. A lot of this imo was spin by Rex and his fans including Mehta. In this case Mac was left a lot of money which he liberally spent last year (including re-signing Revis for prohibitive money) and now he's faced with budgetary problems and it could mean he's not financially able to re-sign Fitz, etc. Look if we lose Fitz and because of this go backwards he's going to get grilled. Even though he was Exec of the Year in 2015. If Mac is a survivor he will find a way to re-sign Fitz and pay him market. 

Why would any NFL GM struggle and find ways to sign a journeyman QB who has never won a damn thing in the NFL 

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Mac is doing what he believes to be correct...and not doing what he thinks the fans want.  He knows what Fitzpatrick is...and that is a back-up QB.  So he's only willing to pay him back-up QB money.  I applaud him for it.

Just now, Larz said:

the revis, skrine and cro deals are (were) maccs problem.  everybody seems to want to get rid of mo and brick but the revis deal is a huge anchor around this teams neck and he just can't run with the young guys anymore and that's not going to get any better

the only move he has left is cutting breno.   (sorry guys, $5 mill in dead money for brick is basically giving away a decent starter slot)

he took a chance trading for a guy in his walk year, but I'm sure he never envisioned fitz playing in 16 games and throwing 31 TD's

Cutting Breno makes perfect sense to sign a real QB not Fitzpatrick 

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

When signing Fitz I don't believe his intention was for him to even start.  He was a fall back option in case Geno got hurt or imploded. Both kinda happened.y thi

I honestly think that's how he still views him...

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Mac is doing what he believes to be correct...and not doing what he thinks the fans want.  He knows what Fitzpatrick is...and that is a back-up QB.  So he's only willing to pay him back-up QB money.  I applaud him for it.

he can only offer him back up money because he doesn't have cap room to offer anything else until he cuts a ring of honor player who is the longest tenured jet and dumps him on the market after all the big money is gone or takes back mo's tag

so he has to douche one of the best, most popular players on the team to afford his QB

what is the big deal ?

1 minute ago, Larz said:

he can only offer him back up money because he doesn't have cap room to offer anything else until he cuts a ring of honor player who is the longest tenured jet and dumps him on the market after all the big money is gone or takes back mo's tag

so he has to douche one of the best, most popular players on the team to afford his QB

what is the big deal ?

So he wants to pay Fitz $15mm a year for 3 years, but simply doesn't have the cap space?  Is that what you're suggesting?

Moreover, all players eventually get cut.  you certainly don't cut Brick because you have to sign Fitz, you cut Brick because he's no longer worth the money he's being paid.  We all saw him play last year....he wasn't close to his old self.  He's now a below average LT.   Poorly run franchises keep players around for sentimental reasons  ..

29 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Not sure I follow much of this but if Mac had left $15M unspent last year on the theory that we had to be ready to pay Fitz $18M per in 2016, he should have been fired before the draft.

What I'm saying is that a GM who fails to re-sign his starting Qb after the guy had a good year is asking for trouble. We know the kind of press and fan base we have here. They killed Idzik for various reasons including not signing a premium corner back and getting rid of Revis and Cro. And a Qb is more essential than a CB. Sure no one knew that Fitz was going to be more than a backup when we signed him last year. Geno was supposed to be the starter. Mac knew him from Houston and it was a great signing. But this is 2016 and we were a plus six in terms of games won under Fitz. Re-sign the dude. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

What I'm saying is that a GM who fails to re-sign his starting Qb after the guy had a good year is asking for trouble. We know the kind of press and fan base we have here. They killed Idzik for various reasons including not signing a premium corner back and getting rid of Revis and Cro. And a Qb is more essential than a CB. Sure no one knew that Fitz was going to be more than a backup when we signed him last year. Geno was supposed to be the starter. Mac knew him from Houston and it was a great signing. But this is 2016 and we were a plus six in terms of games won under Fitz. Re-sign the dude. 

Agree, but he would really get killed (maybe fired) if he gave Fitz 50M (stupid Eagles) and we watched him regress to the QB he was prior to last year, Jets would be back in rebuild mode for a year with a bunch of dead cap space

1 minute ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Agree, but he would really get killed (maybe fired) if he gave Fitz 50M (stupid Eagles) and we watched him regress to the QB he was prior to last year, Jets would be back in rebuild mode for a year with a bunch of dead cap space

I don't think anyone is suggesting that. Maybe a 2 year 25 mil deal something in that neighborhood. With some incentives if the team makes the playoffs, etc. And possibly back load it to cut the cap hit this season. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting that. Maybe a 2 year 25 mil deal something in that neighborhood. With some incentives if the team makes the playoffs, etc. And possibly back load it to cut the cap hit this season. 

2 years 25 million for Fitz? Seriously? No f*cking way! sign RGIII & let Geno him and Petty fight it out.

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

2 years 25 million for Fitz? Seriously? No f*cking way! sign RGIII & let Geno him and Petty fight it out.

Lets not be silly. If you want him you have to pay that. Some of these anti Fitz fans were the same people killing Idzik for not signing one overpriced cornerback two years ago. And applauding Mac for giving Revis 16 mill per season. 12.5 per season is below average for a starting Qb. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If Fitz wants starter money, then he is comparing; Bradford at 2 year 36m, Brock at 4yr, 72M, back up Chase Daniel at 3yr 21m 

Stupid Eagles have over 25 Million invested in crappy QB's next year, that is not good business...

Just now, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

If Fitz wants starter money, then he is comparing; Bradford at 2 year 36m, Brock at 4yr, 72M, back up Chase Daniel at 3yr 21m 

Stupid Eagles have over 25 Million invested in crappy QB's next year, that is not good business...

You would think it's in the negotiation stage between Fitz and Mac. The 7 mil per season offer is definitely low balling. We don't know what Fitz is initially asking for. If Bradford money I agree it's way over his value. But in between the 7 and 18 is reasonable. 

We don't even have over 10 million to pay him. He's not worth cutting guys from the roster for. We've already cut the guys on our list, Cumby, Kerley, I think Brenos next if we sign Beachum. We need money for our draft picks. My hope is there is already a deal with Dbrick to reduce his salary, maybe Mangold too, but Mac won't show that hand to these greedy agents keeping track of every penny each team has left.

That would be a thing of beauty, sign Fitz for what Mac thinks is fair, redo Dbrick, Mangold, maybe even Revis, fill a few holes with some vets left out after the free agent feeding frenzy, go compete for our 1st division title in a long time.

Go Mac, Go Jets.

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

We don't even have over 10 million to pay him. He's not worth cutting guys from the roster for. We've already cut the guys on our list, Cumby, Kerley, I think Brenos next if we sign Beachum. We need money for our draft picks. My hope is there is already a deal with Dbrick to reduce his salary, maybe Mangold too, but Mac won't show that hand to these greedy agents keeping track of every penny each team has left.

That would be a thing of beauty, sign Fitz for what Mac thinks is fair, redo Dbrick, Mangold, maybe even Revis, fill a few holes with some vets left out after the free agent feeding frenzy, go compete for our 1st division title in a long time.

Go Mac, Go Jets.

You don't think Brick is watching the Fitz thing and thinking "Crap, Mac doesn't fool around and Fitz over-played his hand"

Brick will soon be faced with the same predicament. Take a drastic pay cut or look elsewhere.

Archived