The NYJ were thrown a curveball this weekend...

Clementi49

We have not heard one word from anyone on anything today. Not one update with RG3. With Fitz. From any beat reporter or nationally credited jets informationalist. 

This only can mean one thing. The jets are  being super quite about all of this. They had a player in for 2 days straight. The jets brought in rg3 to scare Fitz, to kick tires, etc. but what happened was is they fell in love with rg3. Only thing that possibly could have happened. It's there chance at a franchise qb for the next 10 years, and what started as a leverage thing has turned into a something more....

4 minutes ago, Clementi49 said:

We have not heard one word from anyone on anything today. Not one update with RG3. With Fitz. From any beat reporter or nationally credited jets informationalist. 

This only can mean one thing. The jets are  being super quite about all of this. They had a player in for 2 days straight. The jets brought in rg3 to scare Fitz, to kick tires, etc. but what happened was is they fell in love with rg3. Only thing that possibly could have happened. It's there chance at a franchise qb for the next 10 years, and what started as a leverage thing has turned into a something more....

I don't think it was a leverage play.  My guess is they were eyeing him all the way...couldn't set anything up until he was officially cut.  It's also probably why they didn't panic on the Fitz thing.  

He's not leaving NY without a contract.

• Upvote 2

I think he stayed for a 2nd day because McCagnan was at the Ohio state pro day yesterday.  They're not gonna sign someone without the gm formally meeting him so that probably happened today.  They could also be restructuring some contracts to make room for signings.  For all we know maybe the tweets were wrong and Griffin left yesterday which is always a possibility too.  I love the fact that there's no leaks with the jets anymore.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Persiussa said:

I think he stayed for a 2nd day because McCagnan was at the Ohio state pro day yesterday.  They're not gonna sign someone without the gm formally meeting him so that probably happened today.  They could also be restructuring some contracts to make room for signings.  For all we know maybe the tweets were wrong and Griffin left yesterday which is always a possibility too.  I love the fact that there's no leaks with the jets anymore.

true.  remember when favre came and it was covered live on ESPN ?  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Persiussa said:

Yes its called a professional outfit and one we can all be proud of!!!!!!

And to Larz..... Yea I too remember the foolishness with the previous regimes!!!!

• Upvote 3

When you say he is as good as fitz are you saying that with our receiving core any average QB could approach 30+ TDs? If so we already have that guy in Geno. Don't get me wrong I don't want Geno or an over priced fitz but maybe a spead off QB like Griffin is the answer.

• Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, 34st GANG said:

When you say he is as good as fitz are you saying that with our receiving core any average QB could approach 30+ TDs? If so we already have that guy in Geno. Don't get me wrong I don't want Geno or an over priced fitz but maybe a spead off QB like Griffin is the answer.

Geno is not "any average qb".  He's way below average. 

• Upvote 3