Jump to content
Maxman

Comcast \ YES

Recommended Posts

This is starting to scare me. No Yankee baseball on TV. I can't switch from Comcast, I love X1 and I am really happy with the internet speeds. I work from home a lot and I use several comcast emails for personal accounts. So I definitely can't switch.

I hope they get this resolved soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blackout?  I like Comcast as well as I now get NESN and Comcast, but the ridiculous blackout rules grow tiring.  I get actual games being blacked out being so close to Nashville and Memphis, but even the Insider shows are blacked out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Max, look into Playstation Vue. I think that's the direction we're heading in. The app is on the Amazon Fire as well as the PS3/4, and there are streaming packages available that carry the YES Network. DirecTV is verboten in by our association, and The Fios people won't run their fiber optic up Scenic Rd to our development. 

The Vue streaming is adequate, not quite 1080p. but it'll suffice. At least I can now alternate watching the Yankees in between repeat showings of Winnie the Pooh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TaborJet said:

Max, look into Playstation Vue. I think that's the direction we're heading in. The app is on the Amazon Fire as well as the PS3/4, and there are streaming packages available that carry the YES Network. DirecTV is verboten in by our association, and The Fios people won't run their fiber optic up Scenic Rd to our development. 

The Vue streaming is adequate, not quite 1080p. but it'll suffice. At least I can now alternate watching the Yankees in between repeat showings of Winnie the Pooh.

Wow, it is another $40 per month?  https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/?prices#1

Maybe I will just watch Winnie The Pooh. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, we're keeping Comcast internet but dumping their cable service. We look to save about $80 per month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, TaborJet said:

Well, we're keeping Comcast internet but dumping their cable service. We look to save about $80 per month. 

Oh, that is a good plan.

Honestly I just upgraded to X1 and really like it. One DVR, record stuff and watch it anywhere. I am kind of hooked. And kind of screwed. Unless you invite me over to watch some games. :)  I will bring a cooler of water bottles if that sweetens the deal at all lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Oh, that is a good plan.

Honestly I just upgraded to X1 and really like it. One DVR, record stuff and watch it anywhere. I am kind of hooked. And kind of screwed. Unless you invite me over to watch some games. :)  I will bring a cooler of water bottles if that sweetens the deal at all lol.

The water will definitely sweeten the deal. Our daughter loves water, thanks in advance for babysitting!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2016 at 0:23 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

Just get the MLB pass. They're offering single-team packages this year.

Doesn't help:

MLB.TV Single Team

Watch a single team's out-of-market regular season games LIVE in full HD.Note: this product will not allow you to view live games of any local (in-market) team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, it stinks for any fan base not to be able to watch their team, I don't care who it is. The cable companies are monopolies that should not have this much control. The fact that a consumer is not able to bundle the channels that they would prefer, rather than being force fed groups of channels that we don't even watch 80% of, is a crime.

Comcast is a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2016 at 0:19 PM, Scott Dierking said:

Hey, it stinks for any fan base not to be able to watch their team, I don't care who it is. The cable companies are monopolies that should not have this much control. The fact that a consumer is not able to bundle the channels that they would prefer, rather than being force fed groups of channels that we don't even watch 80% of, is a crime.

Comcast is a joke.

Totally agree.

It is brutal not even being able to check the game. And the season just started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...