Interesting Mo Wilk fact...with him being a JAG and all

AFJF

I don't believe anyone thinks he's just another guy. He's a legit great player. But he's also way overvaluing himself. He has to be. Mac had 50 million last year and could not get a deal done. Reports have said he steadfastly wants MORE money than what JJ Watt gets paid. I'm sorry but he simply is NOT anywhere near the kind of player that JJ Watt is.

Even worse is if the Jets pay him the kind of money he is requesting, it would seriously hinder their ability to build a SB team.

This is why I believe this situation has become untenable and the Jets would be best served to trade him now and get compensation for him while they can. The fact is, they are NOT going to be able to resign him. The Jets are not willing to satisfy his dollar demands and quite frankly I agree with the Jets in this.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

A poster on another board whose a lawyer has a friend in the Jets organisation and said even before Mac was GM Mo and his agent had a figure they wanted and have never budged off it and that was a bigger deal then Watts.. 

Well then the right play for the team, in light of such demands, was to keep him year to year at $1M then $7M then $16M. That's 3 years $24M from when it was suggested we lock him up at $10M per, and you're saying that $10M per was never something he'd have signed in the first place.

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

I've seen several posters say he's one of the guys Jets fans overrate because he's on our favorite team.

Gonna' suck to lose him.

So now "overrated"  is the equivalent of "JAG"?  Okay.

I've never a heard a single poster call Mo a Jag.  They have said he's not elite and not worth "Watt" money.  How is that calling him a "JAG"?

Way to set up a strawman for your post.

9 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He is good. Really good.

He is not mediocre or a JAG. Nobody thinks that.

I just don't think he's worth $16M/year, plus a high draft pick, to the Jets.

NO he is not worth it.  People here were comparing him to Watt when he was getting 6-7 sacks a year.  People are crazy. 16 mil is outrageous for a D lineman. Think Miami is re thinking Suh?  And as for these bogus records, I wonder what the record is for sacks for a 299 lb. D-lineman?

Just now, Irish Jet said:

Our line is horribly underrated on here, no one more so than Wilkerson.

We'll really see the difference next year if/when he goes. 

One major problem with having a base 3-4 with great interior guys and no olbs is that in todays NFL blatant holding is allowed on the inside to a horrible extent.  More holds are called on guys coming from the outside where it is very obvious a tackle gets beat.  The league is in essence lowering the value of inside guys because of this.

Wilkerson is very good indeed, but last year was the 1st year in a few that he put together a full season, not just a great half season and then a fall off.

Archived