Francessa: Jets called Bucs about Glennon: MERGED

AFJF

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

Tampa doesn't really think someone is dumb enough to give them a #1 pick.  This may be their way of saying that they are not looking to trade him unless someone wets their pants.  

I can't imagine them or anyone from turning down a #2 pick for a back up QB but even that is to steep a price.  

They're still sore over the Revis trade. 

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Glennon has 1 year left (which I think is the case) then it puts Macc in a tough spot.  We'd need to extend Glennon before he even plays a down here.  Even if he's mediocre this year but shows some signs of promise, he's going to want at least Osweiler money (4 years $18M per).

On the bright side, Glennon is a ready-to-go type QB because he's been in the league a few years and has played a few games already. 

Exactly, between the tape and results they already have, combined with what we see pretty quickly, Macc will have a good idea whether hes a keeper or not.  I have no problem handing out the dollars a top QB type gets in todays NFL.  I have a problem with a Fitz who takes one season and holds the Jets hostage. 

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

They might, should do, a conditional 3rd that can go up to a 2 with semi obtainable incentives 

They are adamant about a one, and have turned down many teams. I'm not so sure they will. But you're right, they SHOULD. 

21 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

They might need Glennon when Jameis inevitably "bleeps" up.   Either on the field or off the field...  Winston is a ticking time bomb.  Question is, will it be next year while Glennon is under contract or after?

Winston has been great for TB so far. They aren't worried about him "bleeping up"

Ask Tampa how they felt about Josh Freeman after his first two years in the league. 

Winston is off to an encouraging start.  But playing QB in the NFL is a marathon, not a sprint.

Volatility and immaturity are a bad combination. 

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Ask Tampa how they felt about Josh Freeman after his first two years in the league. 

Winston is off to an encouraging start.  But playing QB in the NFL is a marathon, not a sprint.

Volatility and immaturity are a bad combination. 

Josh Freeman never looked like Winston.  Freeman also never came out of school with the promise that Winston had. 

Other than trying to make a point at Winston's expense there hasnt even been a hint of volatility or immaturity by Winston

I like Glennon however a first is crazy, if the team is willing to move a first package one with this year's and move up for a stud with a huge upside in this year's draft. Glennon would apparently require a first then a huge contract, move up instead.

30 minutes ago, jetswin said:

I like Glennon however a first is crazy, if the team is willing to move a first package one with this year's and move up for a stud with a huge upside in this year's draft. Glennon would apparently require a first then a huge contract, move up instead.

Anything higher than a conditional 4 th is madness.  Good to see you man.

50 minutes ago, jetswin said:

Good to see you, j-dub.

11 hours ago, jett said:

I've heard that they wanted a first round pick. I mean this is nuts. Glennon did show he could be a competent starter but this is just insane. 

Give em a 3rd and insist they take Geno or no deal.

I'd be willing to swap our 2nd & 7th rounder for their 3rd rounder & Glennon. 

They move up 23 spots (#74 to #51) in the selection process and would now have two 2nd rounders to help build a team around Winston and a 7th round pick to boot. We get an experienced STRONG ARMed young QB w/starts under his belt by moving back 23 spots but still have two 3rd round picks to play with that can be parlayed (as MacCags did last year) to possibly recoup the 7th we forked over.

Value Chart Nerds: does your mystical Ouija trade value chart see possibility in this proposed transaction? What do the Runes predict!?!???!?

reading_runes_viking_denmark_ribe.jpg

:D

14 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

teams are extorting others for qbs.  the jets are wise not to cave.  

It happens every year. Look how many 2nd round picks Miami has given up over the years for other teams crap.

I don't see any QB worth a pick in the first 3 rounds this year. The Jets need to stay with fitz.

3 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

They move up 23 spots (#74 to #51) in the selection process and would now have two 2nd rounders to help build a team around Winston and a 7th round pick to boot. We get an experienced STRONG ARMed young QB w/starts under his belt by moving back 23 spots but still have two 3rd round picks to play with that can be parlayed (as MacCags did last year) to possibly recoup the 7th we forked over.

Value Chart Nerds: does your mystical Ouija trade value chart see possibility in this proposed transaction? What do the Runes predict!?!???!?

All this for a guy who will be a FA next yr. You'd have to have him sign an extension to make the investment in picks.

3 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Macagnan (on telephone): Yeah, I know you guys are asking for a first, but how about you move up twenty three spots later in the draft instead without an extra pick in the barg- I mean a SEVENTH rounder! Did I say no extra pick? I meant a seventh. Sorry, long day of not negotiating with Ryan Fitzpatrick yesterday. Went into the wee hours. So, yes, you heard me right, you get a SEVENTH. I knew that you'd like that... Yes, yes, me too. Glad the Jets and Bucs could do business again as well... Yes, yes, I'll tell Darrelle you said hello." (hangs up telephone. to Bowles) Great guys over there in Tampa. Not as nice as the guys in Chicago, but pretty good dudes.I think I'll send them some cupcakes.

17 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

In truth I am on the Glennon bandwagon. 

I actually wrote to the Jets two days ago using some of the info I had gleaned from several superior posters on this board and made a plea for them to look into acquiring Glennon.

I was going to PM the V man about what I did. 

Indeed SpermEdwards had a fantastic post about how well Chan has made QB play improve every time he had a QB to work with and based on that I feel Gennon would see a similar bump as well..

All I can say is I was convinced by Villain and I appreciate every poster on this board for making me a better fan!!!

I appreciate the words man. 

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm fairly convinced Macc is reaching out to every team that has a QB they could potentially trade in order to create the illusion we don't need Fitz. 

Next on the list:

* Steelers (Landry Jones)

* Packers (Brett Hundley)

* Titans (Zach Mettenberger)

Not needing Fitz isnt an "illusion" bro. We actually dont need Fitz. 

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Not needing Fitz isnt an "illusion" bro. We actually dont need Fitz. 

THIS is how you make your presence in this thread?  A dig on Fitz?  WE CONTACTED THE BUCS ABOUT MIKE GLENNON.  Are you OK?  Have you sought medical attention for your >4 hour boner? 

16 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Glennon just as unproven as Geno.  This interest makes little sense to me.  I'd keep my assets to use elsewhere and let Geno/Brice battle it out for the starter role instead of the back up role.  Plus whoever else we get thru FA/draft would be in the hunt.

Hey who knows, maybe Fitz with come back down to earth and makes all this go away.  Does anyone have a clue as to what RG3 was asking?      

Im here to correct you. And also, you want to leave your franchise in the hands of Petty/Geno? Now I personally dont have as much of a problem with Geno as the majority of Jets fans, though Glennon is much better than Geno. As for Petty, this is the same guy who last year couldnt outplay Geno Smith to atleast become 2nd string on the depth chart. The same guy who's team is searching relentlessly for a starting QB. That lets me know that Petty is not ready for that role, which means that Geno will more than likely win that competition. We havent heard anything from anyone on the Jets that we could say "See, Petty is ready". They're protecting that guy at all costs...because he's not ready. 

That would make Geno the QB, and I can assure you that glennon's 19 games noticeably better than Geno's 31 games. 

16 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

People talk way to much about comp picks.   They are subjective and only come if you don't sign any FA.   It's not a guaranteed anything. 

So so if they don't trade him there choice is lose him or have to tag him which they will never do.   I would have no problem giving up a 2nd and try to work out a new deal but I would be ok with letting him play one year.   We can use tag on him next year. 

Exactly, and with a comp pick the highest you can get (if im correct) is a 3rd round pick, and its not guaranteed that you'll get the highest comp pick. They can probably make a trade with the Jets for a 2nd, most definitely a 3rd. 

Archived