Jets expected to sign nose tackle Steve McLendon

Morrissey

Past 6 years stats are below. NTs stats are misleading and as long as they hold the point of attack tying up blockers as well as stop the run they have done their job well. The past 5 years showed he played almost every game showing some good durability. The fact that he got on the field and accumulated as much stats as shown below on Pitts line bodes well. Starting doesn't matter as most NTs play around 50% of the teams snaps since they rotate out during passing downs. Not sure why anyone would say their D has not been great lately since they always have a tough front 7. Their secondary has been degrading over time due to FA departures and retirements. 

YEAR TEAM G TOTAL TKL AST SACKS INT YDS AVG LG TD PASS DEF

TOTAL                Pitt              79                   90            58.0         32                        5               0              0                   0.0         0          0                       1

19 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Awesome! Hopefully it's not a big drop off from Snacks.

Right.  Don't get me wrong, sucks losing Snacks.  Great player and character.  But maybe some of what made Snacks great was playing next to Wilk, Sheldon, Williams?  Perhaps McLendon will now benefit from those guys too.

Ex-Steeler Steve McLendon to sign with JETS, as reported. Max length 3 years, max value $12M.

So..... where are we getting this money from? Especially if we still need to sign Fitz/RG3, Henderson and maybe a RT?

Amaze me Mac and #MakeItRain$

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Ex-Steeler Steve McLendon to sign with JETS, as reported. Max length 3 years, max value $12M.

So..... where are we getting this money from? Especially if we still need to sign Fitz/RG3, Henderson and maybe a RT?

Amaze me Mac and #MakeItRain$

Don't sign a QB?  

Still seems unlikely, but it could be Geno-Time!

2 hours ago, Matthew007b said:

sorry total rookie/new poster at how all this works but.. How are they signing people with only I thought 2 million left in the cap?  

you have to cut more people right?

In truth as you can see most are as stunned as you......

And welcome to the board!!!! :)

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Don't sign a QB?  

Still seems unlikely, but it could be Geno-Time!

We had around $2m in Cap space, before signing McClendon.... we are going to need over $4m to sign rookies.

We'll need a couple mil in the bank during the season AND! we have holes everywhere.

Even if you don't sign a QB, Mac has to free up about $7m

2 hours ago, Matthew007b said:

sorry total rookie/new poster at how all this works but.. How are they signing people with only I thought 2 million left in the cap?  

you have to cut more people right?

yeah, I would guess breno goes but its not real until schefter tweets it

(can't believe I just typed that, lol)

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

We had around $2m in Cap space, before signing McClendon.... we are going to need over $4m to sign rookies.

We'll need a couple mil in the bank during the season AND! we have holes everywhere.

the in-season number is usually $5 million and the rookie pool is complex, it can be $3 million to $6 million or more, I am figuring he needs to free up $10 million just to operate this year

so its not a good year to have 10 first round d-lineman when you are trying to trade a d-lineman to free up cap room when you already let a starting d-lineman go

oh, and they need a QB

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yeah, I'm sure there's some restructuring in the works.  Could be Brick or perhaps even a Wilk deal/trade.

Regardless seems like it's getting harder to fit a 10+mil QB salary in.

Mac must already have some restructures in the works. You don't show your hand to these agents & you don't deal in any grey areas. You have your figure for that player & position and you stick to it. This dude is smooth as glass. It seems so f*cking strange seeing a GM that seems like he knows what he's doing. WE HAVE A PLAN.

18 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Mac must already have some restructures in the works. You don't show your hand to these agents & you don't deal in any grey areas. You have your figure for that player & position and you stick to it. This dude is smooth as glass. It seems so f*cking strange seeing a GM that seems like he knows what he's doing. WE HAVE A PLAN.

Your post is that important.

For once the posters out here aren't smarter than the GM!!!!! And I honestly mean that....

Wow... Just Wow!!!

Archived