Jump to content

Bryce Petty.. 2016 expectations ? ? ?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1st team all pro for 12 years. just this one time. make it happen.

Article said that he improved nothing wrong with that. 

the most popular QB on the roster.....until he actually plays

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Ironically 31 other NFL teams dont want Fitzpatrick but the Jets sign him ..............47 years and counting

He's a car part that doesn't fit any other model. I personally would rather see Geno get a crack at starting some games before we turf him, but I understand why they want to go with Fitz... I just hope his leash isn't the length of an interstate.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paradis said:

He's a car part that doesn't fit any other model. I personally would rather see Geno get a crack at starting some games before we turf him, but I understand why they want to go with Fitz... I just hope his leash isn't the length of an interstate.

Agree lets see what Geno has under Gailey with legit WRs 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree lets see what Geno has under Gailey with legit WRs 

The situation since last year couldn't have played out any worse in some regards (Genogate + Fitz winning over the fans but not a playoff seeding, etc)... Classic Jets.... 

I'm just glad Management isn't bamboozled into think that Fitz & Petty is the future of this franchise. They know (and been doing the homework) they need to draft a franchise future QB

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paradis said:

The situation since last year couldn't have played out any worse in some regards (Genogate + Fitz winning over the fans but not a playoff seeding, etc)... Classic Jets.... 

I'm just glad Management isn't bamboozled into think that Fitz & Petty is the future of this franchise. They know (and been doing the homework) they need to draft a franchise future QB

Macc is QB hungry I think he gets it done on draft day sending Mo Wilk to the Titans for the #1 pick and he selects his QB 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Macc is QB hungry I think he gets it done on draft day sending Mo Wilk to the Titans for the #1 pick and he selects his QB 

That might be a little ambitious but o agree that I believe they have a plan and will do what needs to be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joewilly12 said:

Go all out with Fitzpatrick as the QB

Well we disagree. I think Fitz gives us our best chance to win in 2016. And the Jets have the overall talent to improve and to make the playoffs. The players and coaches feel that way too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Well we disagree. I think Fitz gives us our best chance to win in 2016. And the Jets have the overall talent to improve and to make the playoffs. The players and coaches feel that way too.

No they dont or they would have resigned him weeks ago, 31 other NFL teams also failed to sign him. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2016 at 0:02 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

Ew, really? I didn't remember that. (I believe you; I just don't remember -- or maybe I simply didn't watch it last year).

Well, hopefully he's wrong. Or that he's right about what he was, but that the player he was in college isn't necessarily his future career destiny as a pro. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2015/insider/story/_/id/12630416/2015-nfl-draft-jon-gruden-shares-observations-bryce-petty

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Does anyone think that the lack of success from RG111 and other QBs who have played in the Baylor system have any effect of what people  think when they evaluate Petty .

Very good point. The guy who followed Petty put up huge #'s also. Jets must feel Petty has the ability to adjust to a pro style offense.Time will tell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hawk said:

Based on...

The way this team has been looking at every QB prospect from  any place they can get a scout . Also something Brandon Marshal said in an interview when he was asked about Petty . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jetsons said:

I think Bryce will be ready for the starters job if Fitz doesn't resign, as for the genome, he's done.  <_<

 

 

Gee, I don't know if I'd put that review in the "Brutal" category.    Seems like Gruden really liked him.  He told him you have a great arm, and great touch, don't do anything stupid that will get you hurt.

Thought the review was very positive.  The kid can throw the ball.  Can he adjust to the NFL is the question.  

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, section314 said:

Win the #2 job. That would be a solid progression.

agreed ! !... then we can get geno off our roster  ;)

 

 

 

 

cheers ~ ~ ~

:beer:

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Tinstar said:

The way this team has been looking at every QB prospect from  any place they can get a scout . Also something Brandon Marshal said in an interview when he was asked about Petty

Mind sharing what he said? I must have missed that

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jett said:

Mind sharing what he said? I must have missed that

Been too long and it was more what he didn't say than what he said. He was asked a direct about the QBs and he talked about Fitz and Smith, but when he was asked ab out Petty, he basically blew the question off like if the player doesn't matter . I wished I could find the video . I would think that if you have a young QB on your team that looks like he could be something, a veteran player would notice and or have something positive to say about that prospect.

The way Marshal responded about Petty was like he didn't have anything nice to say so why say anything about the player. IMO, the whole Jets organization talks about Petty like someone who it's better to say as little about as possible .  It's like he's an asset, so let's not devalue him .

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Been too long and it was more what he didn't say than what he said. He was asked a direct about the QBs and he talked about Fitz and Smith, but when he was asked ab out Petty, he basically blew the question off like if the player doesn't matter . I wished I could find the video . I would think that if you have a young QB on your team that looks like he could be something, a veteran player would notice and or have something positive to say about that prospect.

The way Marshal responded about Petty was like he didn't have anything nice to say so why say anything about the player. IMO, the whole Jets organization talks about Petty like someone who it's better to say as little about as possible .  It's like he's an asset, so let's not devalue him .

This is the same Brandon Marshall who wouldn't take reps from Fitz in Mini camp last year because smith was his guy.  Not all that concerned about Marshall's evaluation.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Folks, I'm not anti Petty and I happen to think the kid would be just fine as the 3rd QB for another year if it came down to it .  Some of you just need to stop being so closed minded  about the process of developing a QB .  I was never a Mark Sanchez fan, and wanted him off the Jets . But when it was either him or Geno or whoever was available in free agency, I thought I would have been a wise move for the Jets to try and resign Sanchez .

 

QBs need time in a system to develop, and it doesn't help when you keep changing coaches and systems .

Link to post
Share on other sites

I sincerely believe it will be Bryce Petty time in the 2017 season because he will have sat enough on the bench and will have learned a lot from the starting quarterbacks before him. He's the right option to start the season after this one because I want to see what talents he has to potentially be the ''Franchise Quarterback'' that everyone expects him to be. At that time it will be appropriate to give him a chance at being given the job.
 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Just my uninform opinion, but I don't think the Jets view Petty as highly as the fans do or as highly as they're letting on .

Maybe.

I think people have forgotten the soundbytes from Chan and Bowles last year about starting an inexperienced QB. They just don't want to do it. Petty is being developed. Fans hope for the best. Coaches see where he's at in the process. Fans are impatient. Coaches understand that rushing it could cost them their jobs.

They should be drafting another QB this year, no matter what they think about Petty. It's the right thing to do.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We will resign fitz and will be competetive but we will be out of the playoff race by week 14.  Petty starts the last 3 games and then he gets a legit chance next camp to start.

link ? 

 

:rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Maybe.

I think people have forgotten the soundbytes from Chan and Bowles last year about starting an inexperienced QB. They just don't want to do it. Petty is being developed. Fans hope for the best. Coaches see where he's at in the process. Fans are impatient. Coaches understand that rushing it could cost them their jobs.

They should be drafting another QB this year, no matter what they think about Petty. It's the right thing to do.

Excellent post .

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My expectations for him are zero. He was drafted as a project who needed at least 2 years of sitting on the bench learning the pro game. This is year 2 for him so I expect more sitting/learning.

I don't have any expectations for him for year 3 (or ever) btw. Anything good from him will be gravy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...