24 - CIN - DT Andrew Billings, Baylor 

25 - PIT - DT Jarran Reed, Alabama

26 - SEA - OT Taylor Decker, Ohio State 

27 - GB - LB Reggie Ragland, Alabama 

28 - KC - CB Eli Apple, Ohio State  

29 - ARI - C Ryan Kelly, Alabama  

30 - CAR - DE Emmanuel Ogbah, Oklahoma State 

31 - DEN - OG Cody Whitehair, Kansas State

This mock projects a trade at 1 overall, where the LA Rams trade their 1st, their 2 2nd's and next year's 1st for a franchise QB.

The Titans will hope for a trade down. This mock owes a debt to Collinsworth who projected this scenario in his mock draft. Most mocks have an OT or CB going 1, but I can't get behind that prediction.  I couldn't make a mock with Tunsil or Ramsey at 1 it just doesn't hunt, at least for me. 

as for the Jets, the writing is on the wall, they need cap space for fitz and brick/breno are the easiest targets. Spriggs can be a LT and will go higher than most are currently mocking. Other possible picks include a CB to replace Cro (if William Jackson III is there, it certainly would make the team faster as Bowles said)  or a (speedy) OLB pass rusher. 

feedback welcome 

Overall it seems pretty reasonable. Spriggs at 20 is a little rich for my blood as everybody seems to criticize his play strength, but that could improve as he gets older and his body matures. Spriggs is a heck of an athlete, but if the board fell that way, I'd lean towards selecting Paxton Lynch or Noah Spence. 

I actually like it bit . All the picks makes sense . The only problem I have is  that I don't see Spriggs as the BPA in that scenario .  That picks seems more like a need pick that what the GM has told us he will do .

Nice work as always, agree the top two picks will be QB somehow

Interesting to see so many WR's (Giants?) considering the "slowness" of the class but the draft usually runs with one position

Feels like the 49ers will do something crazy (just not sure what) and Denver could reach for a QB late at 31 

Question for Raiders is who would have more impact on 2016, Mo or Zeke?

9 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Wilkerson, there was an article on CBS sports, talking about how he would help complete that defense

Sure  Muhammad Wilkerson would make the Raiders defense way better.  The Raiders play a 5-2-4 defense.      You would have Bruce Irvin at Lde Ldt Dan Williams/ Justin Ellis Rdt Mario Edwards Rde Muhammad Wilkerson .  you would have Muhammad Wilkerson and K Mack Sslb rushing from the same side.

Jmo the Raiders wouldn't be able to afford Wilkerson contract long term .( could have trouble keeping their big time core players K Mack/ Derek Carr etc.) Also Reggie Mckenize hates giving up draft picks . The team is being built through the draft. ( when he gets the Raiders where he wants them, they won't even be interested in outside Fa's , as they will mainly trying to re-sign their own. ( wants to be just like the Packers)

If the Raiders plan is to re-sign Aldon Smith when he's reinstated than there isn't a Need for Wilkerson. They are going to be a 3-4 defense.    K Mack and A Smith would be outside lbs with b Irvin and Malcolm Smith inside.( Two inside lbs that can cover). Don't need a talent like Wilkerson as you can get buy with lesser talent at De.( just need defense lineman to eat up blockers).

Some teams trade for Muhammad Wilkerson I say there is 1% chance it's the Raiders.

4 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

I posted this in the Outside the Box thread, but if Treadwell dropped to 20. I would hope we pull the trigger on him, as the "best" WR in the draft is higher on MY board than the 5th best OT prospect. Spriggs feels too needs based for my liking @bitonti

I don't think he's the best WR in this draft. Most talented maybe, but he won't be the best when it is said and done. 

On 3/19/2016 at 2:49 PM, bitonti said:

This mock projects a trade at 1 overall, where the LA Rams trade their 1st, their 2 2nd's and next year's 1st for a franchise QB.

The Titans will hope for a trade down. This mock owes a debt to Collinsworth who projected this scenario in his mock draft. Most mocks have an OT or CB going 1, but I can't get behind that prediction.  I couldn't make a mock with Tunsil or Ramsey at 1 it just doesn't hunt, at least for me. 

as for the Jets, the writing is on the wall, they need cap space for fitz and brick/breno are the easiest targets. Spriggs can be a LT and will go higher than most are currently mocking. Other possible picks include a CB to replace Cro (if William Jackson III is there, it certainly would make the team faster as Bowles said)  or a (speedy) OLB pass rusher. 

feedback welcome 

I like mocks with trades because almost every year there are a few trades in the 1st round.  I'll be doing one with trades a bit later on.

- The trade makes sense but I'm not sure if St. Louis has the balls to make it and I think Fisher is one of the most overrated coaches out there who could in fact be honest in thinking Case freakin Keenum is a #1

- I like the William Jackson choice, ballsy.  Every year we have one of these, a guy in a position group who goes before all of the ones people are talking about.

- I'm going to take you to task on your Philly pick.  When commenting on my draft you criticized Tunsel going #1 to Tennessee because they had Lewan, despite the fact that Tennessee had one of the worst team stats in QB protecting in the league last year.  You now give Stanley to Philly who has Lane Johnson (who just signed a big deal and is the heir apparent at LT) and still has Jason Peters if I'm not mistaken.

-  I think Elliot will go earlier but if he fell to Oakland that would be a good choice for them.

- I could live with Spriggs to the Jets.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

- I'm going to take you to task on your Philly pick.  When commenting on my draft you criticized Tunsel going #1 to Tennessee because they had Lewan, despite the fact that Tennessee had one of the worst team stats in QB protecting in the league last year.  You now give Stanley to Philly who has Lane Johnson (who just signed a big deal and is the heir apparent at LT) and still has Jason Peters if I'm not mistaken. 

my thinking with that pick is Stanley plays LG for a year (they still have Allen Barbre slated to start) while Peters (34) has his swan song. It's the Greg Robinson path. But you are right that pick is a tough one and very well could be wrong.  They traded up to that 8 pick for a reason, it could be a DL/CB. 

as for trade up i was trying to find a team with the need, ammo and motivation. Bradford trade gave STL an extra 2nd rounder. the motivation is the splashy move to a new town. 

Side note if the Jets trade Mo and get a first rounder higher than their current pick (example would be OAK at 14) then the Jets have enough ammo to get up to the top 5. 

• 4 weeks later...

If Decker is there at 20, the Jets will take Decker. JMHO. 

If P.Lynch is there in there at 20, the Jets will take Decker and trade up from the 2nd round for P.Lynch, jumping ahead of the only team that would take him in the first round, the Broncos. Possibly in a deal with Houston, where Mac knows FO people he can finagle a reasonable trade with.

This would be a best case scenario for the Jets, who seem to really like both Decker and P.Lynch.   

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I don't believe Decker is a LT. He's only a RT. Which is fine but maybe too high of a pick on a player with no LT potential. 

I know he has been pegged as an NFL RT. But I disagree, I think he can be a very good LT in the NFL. I know many will disagree and that fine.

But- He played LT in college against high competition- winning a championship no less. He is polished with good technique. He showed improvement throughout his collegiate career, improving his footwork and technique every year. He has the length and strength you look for in a LT. He is practically immovable once he has his mitts on you, way more so than guys like Spriggs who need to get stronger to be effective in the NFL. He' reliable/durable. The only thing he lacks is elite athleticism that scouts seem to be mesmerized by when evaluating OTs. But that has not stopped him from being a dominant LT in college. I think whoever gets Decker is getting a versatile OT that is great in the run game, can come in and play RT or even OG immediately and has the ability to move to LT eventually. Decker, to me, has a high floor and an underestimated ceiling. If anything, he will be that durable anchor on your O-line that can move around and play nearly any position on the O-line effectively and I think his durability will prove to be a major asset.  

So, I get the knock on him and WHY people peg him as a RT, but I completely disagree and believe he can turn into a great LT in the NFL and I think his OVERALL value as an O-lineman is underestimated with this notion that he can only play RT.     

NFL COMPARISON:Taylor Lewan 

12 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I know he has been pegged as an NFL RT. But I disagree, I think he can be a very good LT in the NFL. I know many will disagree and that fine.

But- He played LT in college against high competition- winning a championship no less. He is polished with good technique. He showed improvement throughout his collegiate career, improving his footwork and technique every year. He has the length and strength you look for in a LT. He is practically immovable once he has his mitts on you, way more so than guys like Spriggs who need to get stronger to be effective in the NFL. He' reliable/durable. The only thing he lacks is elite athleticism that scouts seem to be mesmerized by when evaluating OTs. But that has not stopped him from being a dominant LT in college. I think whoever gets Decker is getting a versatile OT that is great in the run game, can come in and play RT or even OG immediately and has the ability to move to LT eventually. Decker, to me, has a high floor and an underestimated ceiling. If anything, he will be that durable anchor on your O-line that can move around and play nearly any position on the O-line effectively and I think his durability will prove to be a major asset.  

So, I get the knock on him and WHY people peg him as a RT, but I completely disagree and believe he can turn into a great LT in the NFL and I think his OVERALL value as an O-lineman is underestimated with this notion that he can only play RT.     

NFL COMPARISON:Taylor Lewan 

Taylor Lewan ran a 4.8. Decker ran a 5.2. I know that OL don't usually run 40 yards in the game but he doesn't have the rare athleticism to play LT. Spriggs' feet are fast, and he can add bulk. Decker's feet are never getting faster. The NFL.com site compares him to Jack Mewhort not Lewan, and they say he could start his career at guard. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1983776/taylor-decker

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Taylor Lewan ran a 4.8. Decker ran a 5.2. I know that OL don't usually run 40 yards in the game but he doesn't have the rare athleticism to play LT. Spriggs' feet are fast, and he can add bulk. Decker's feet are never getting faster. The NFL.com site compares him to Jack Mewhort not Lewan, and they say he could start his career at guard. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1983776/taylor-decker

Well. Look. Like I said, I get the critique. Comparing a 4.8 40 to a 5.2 40 for an O-lineman is silly by the way, I mean, c'mon man. 40 times mean nothing for O-linemen unless they are exceptionally fast or exceptionally slow- neither is the case here. 

Decker doesn't have elite athleticism for an OT, I agree. But hes not exactly a tub of lard and his feet are not exactly slow. And you CAN improve foot quickness to an extent with better technique and footwork. I realize NFL.com compare him to Mewhort but the NFL comparison I brought up was MINE, lol. I see A LOT of the same characteristics with Lewan and Decker. To me, they are almost mirror images of each other coming out of college. The way they play, their build, their level of experience, their mean streaks, leadership qualities, etc. 

I just read that draft profile- I mean, I've read it before. But it seems like NFL.com said the following:

"Although he doesn't have a high ceiling, Decker projects as an immediate starter at tackle or guard."

Note- TACKLE or Guard. He can immediately come and play RT or OG, which is what I said. And as expected, his ceiling is underestimated. 

BUT THATS JUST MY TAKE. I LIKE SPRIGGS TOO AND VALUE BOTH AS FIRST ROUD PROSPECTS! Which doesn't nec. mean both will be drafted in the first. 

14 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Well. Look. Like I said, I get the critique. Comparing a 4.8 40 to a 5.2 40 for an O-lineman is silly by the way, I mean, c'mon man. 40 times mean nothing for O-linemen unless they are exceptionally fast or exceptionally slow- neither is the case here.  

I actually like the player just don't see the value at 20 or the particular need. Sure they could use an upgrade on Breno/Winters but is it really a problem requiring a first round solution? What if Qvale or Harrison turn it on, they have options there. 

Meanwhile Clady is so injury prone and probably will only last a couple years at best.  A player like Spriggs should have more value, because he's athletically rarer. the draft is all about upside.

that being said they could be in a true Best player available scenario and take a CB or whoever falls. I don't think they'll reach for a player just because it's at a position of need. The Leonard Williams draft pick is a good indicator for how this team thinks in rd 1. 

I also believe that Spriggs could be a solid LT.  not a bad pk.  Clady is a desperation move

bitoni, you should try a great new draft app (draftwired) and do a entire Jets mock

they also have a sensational Group draft program that kicks ass

10 hours ago, bitonti said:

I don't believe Decker is a LT. He's only a RT. Which is fine but maybe too high of a pick on a player with no LT potential. 

There's been a lot of talk on the NFL Network that has RT being as important a position as LT since pass rushers are becoming more prominent form that side of the ball. Decker is a beast.  I like the idea Pep stated - going with decker and trading up to grab Lynch as well.

13 hours ago, Powpow said:

There's been a lot of talk on the NFL Network that has RT being as important a position as LT since pass rushers are becoming more prominent form that side of the ball 

they say that but RT still make 50% less salary than LT. Money talks. One side or the other will get the tight end to help. 

On 4/14/2016 at 10:25 AM, bitonti said:

just want to gloat how I called this trade, exact team and pretty much the exact deal, about a month ago

keep that in mind the next time we talk about Drob and Gholston :)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived