BroadwayJets

Jets Resign Henderson

Glad to hear this ... Good team decision

• Upvote 1

Important signing, good to have him back.  So basically it seems he and the team had a

"handshake" agreement to come back once we cleaned up our cap

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Fibonacci said:

I like this. Thanks Mac for doing reasonable deals.

The man Erin Henderson replaced got more money... We have a good one in Mac.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, BroadwayJets said:

The man Erin Henderson replaced got more money... We have a good one in Mac.

we finally have a gm who does not play favorites with players b/c he drafted them or b/c of what they've done in the past.  playing hard ball with fitz and brick, and does not throw picks away like the scotty mcknight fiasco.

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Front office doing everything in their power to allow them to go BPA or QB in the 1st rd of the draft. 

Following the same pattern as last year.  Impressive that they're doing it with a lot less cap room this year.

Wouldn't shock me now if we sign Upshaw to replace Pace.  We would at least have all 4 LB spots covered

on "paper" before the draft

• Upvote 2

I'm a big fan of Henderson and I'm happy he's signed. 

I guess the possible Ragland pick @ #20 is no longer an option.

Amazing to me that a 30 year old LB who spent a year out of football was more athletic than

Demario Davis last year

• Upvote 2

Weird to be saying this, but yuge signing.. yuge! 

I'm very comfortable lining him up next to Harris. And hopefully one of our young guys can step up behind them. 

Just now, KRL said:

Amazing to me that a 30 year old LB who spent a year out of football was more athletic than

Demario Davis last year

He was the slowest "fast" linebacker I have ever seen.  It's like, his shoulder pads weighed 400 pounds.

• Upvote 1

Just now, chirorob said:

He was the slowest "fast" linebacker I have ever seen.  It's like, his shoulder pads weighed 400 pounds.

no agility.  could only run straight.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

no agility.  could only run straight.

which is great for a coverage linebacker.  They never have to like, change directions or anything.....   (sarcasm alert)

• Upvote 2

Just now, chirorob said:

which is great for a coverage linebacker.  They never have to like, change directions or anything.....   (sarcasm alert)

that's why he got exposed all year and that's why he's gone.  that eagles game was brutal.

• Upvote 4

Plot twist he's signing with the Giants. Seriously though besides Fitz this one was the one one I was worried about losing. I knew Ivory and Snacks were gone and wasn't sure about AA but we needed this guy back and as a full time player to fill a need. We still have them but this makes me feel much better. I liked Latimore in preseason as well but not sure what the deal is with him.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, KRL said:

Demario Davis last year

Davis is the crappier, slower, less talented, softer hitting, worse vision having version of Bart Scott.

41 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

ILB Erin Henderson is expected to re-sign with the Jets. Deal is for two years, $5 million, per source.

The exact amount we saved by restructuring Carpenter if I'm not mistaken

True. But we don't know how the 2 year $5mil deal is structured. We saved as much as possible on Carpenters deal by lowering his base to the league minimum.

Great Re-Signing and this gets us a COMP PICK for D.Davis who got a larger contract w/Cleveland.

Erin Henderson - LB -  Jets

Jets re-signed ILB Erin Henderson to a two-year, $3.1 million contract.

Henderson also drew some interest from Oakland but ultimately chose to stay in East Rutherford. He can earn up to $5 million with incentives. Henderson made the most of his 232 snaps last season, recording 39 tackles while earning PFF's 14th-highest inside linebacker grade. He turns 30 in July.

Mar 23 - 4:23 PM

• Upvote 2

jets22-1-web.jpgSweet Mikey MacCagnan  . . . . PLAYA CAN KICK IT!!!!!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Hahahahahaha.... 

• Upvote 1

IMG_0247

By Glenn Naughton

According to his personal twitter account, inside linebacker Erin Henderson is preparing to return to the Jets next season.

The team’s interest in retaining Henderson was never a secret, but in recent weeks it has been reported that the Oakland Raiders and at least two other teams were in pursuit as well.

Henderson signed with the Jets last offseason after a year out of the league following a three-year stretch with the Vikings in which he racked up over 250 tackles to go along with 8.5 sacks and 4 forced fumbles.

After spending the majority of the first half of last season watching from the sidelines, Henderson began to steal playing time from former Jet Demario Davis as he proved to be more capable in pass coverage.

The versatile Henderson has played on both the inside and outside during the course of his career and will look to pair with David Harris in the middle of Todd Bowles’ 3-4 defense.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
xOg8lZwkDxs

Click here to read the full story...

Good solid player, Mac doing will with very little.