Jets Resign Henderson

BroadwayJets

There was a gaping hole next to D. Harris that just got filled by a quality low cost starter caliber signing.  Not everyone can be an All-Pro- you need starters like this.  

Bigger signing than it first appears because of the major need it fills.  Upgrade over D. Davis.

3 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Great Re-Signing and this gets us a COMP PICK for D.Davis who got a larger contract w/Cleveland.

Erin Henderson - LB -  Jets

Jets re-signed ILB Erin Henderson to a two-year, $3.1 million contract.

Henderson also drew some interest from Oakland but ultimately chose to stay in East Rutherford. He can earn up to $5 million with incentives. Henderson made the most of his 232 snaps last season, recording 39 tackles while earning PFF's 14th-highest inside linebacker grade. He turns 30 in July.

Mar 23 - 4:23 PM

For giggles, what was Harris rated by PFF?

3 hours ago, KRL said:

Amazing to me that a 30 year old LB who spent a year out of football was more athletic than

Demario Davis last year

Davis bulked up quite a bit in his third year. That probably contributed a lot to his loss of speed. 

The cool thing overall is, we are doing a good job of retaining the guys we want and letting the dregs walk.  Good balancing act in an off-season where we are not flush.  Moreover, we are setting up to be in great shape beyond 2016.  Mac Machiavelli.

15 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Davis bulked up quite a bit in his third year. That probably contributed a lot to his loss of speed. 

I saw him at an event this past year. He is strong, but he still looked thin. I guess even if you are 10 lbs heavier it can slow you down.

On 23/03/2016 at 8:30 PM, Shadetree said:

I'm a big fan of Henderson and I'm happy he's signed. 

I guess the possible Ragland pick @ #20 is no longer an option.

Mac doesn't draft to fill need, he drafts to pick the best talent.

If Ragland is BPA per our board, he'll get taken.

On 3/23/2016 at 7:13 PM, Shadetree said:

I love the pick of MacCagnan w the coffee. 

We should all send him $5.00 gift certificates to Starbucks.

Im gonna do it...I'll Sharpie "$5..keep up the good work!! From , Shadetree @ Jetnation.com" 

You should write

2016 Salary Cap $5... Keep up the good work!

Archived