Draft picks visiting the Jets thread

Matt39

7 minutes ago, section314 said:

Su'a Cravens at #20. If he makes it that far. Blew up USC pro day.

He's an interesting prospect but what are you drafting him to play?   I'm guessing S because he's too small to play LB in Bowles system.  I'm not seeing him as a 1st rounder, personally, nor do I anticpate he's the best available.  He's kind of a tweener and I dont think those guys go too high.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, section314 said:

Su'a Cravens at #20. If he makes it that far. Blew up USC pro day.

I really like Cravens also, but would caution you to curb your enthusiasm.  I don't think he blew anything up at his pro-day aside from his interviews, and despite looking extremely fluid in his movements (did you see that ankle flexion from the combine?! hot damn!!), he didn't test well at all. 

I like his highlight reel, and see shades of Honey Badger in him, but if you watch an entire "versus game" you'll see that his highlight plays are few and far between.  He gets lost in the wash a lot, and is easily overpowered by would-be blockers.  Based on game-tape I'd say he's a third day candidate.  Based on his highlights and hype, I'd say he's a 2nd rounder.  But he's definitely not (in my opinion) a guy you take at #20.   

1 hour ago, JiF said:

How many safeties do you plan on playing at the same time?   And I like what Miles and Bailey bring to the table.  Bailey looks to have some coverage skills and Miles plays like his hair is on fire.  Miles was making plays all over the field when he filled in for Pryor.

And I'm not against a safety, I just dont think Kearse is any good.  He didnt want to tackle Dalvin Cook or Derrick Henry.  You think he wants to cover/tackle Gronk or Bennett? 

Doesn't Bowles run some sort of fancy-pantsy nickel package or something?

Cravens is one of those players I want to be a Jet, but not at 20. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Cool.  Watch him play football and get back to me, Mr. Dupree. 

Dupree was a bad pick?

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

#Gholston!

What does that eveh mean?

10 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Dupree was a bad pick?

Oh, you know what it means alright! :character43:

YesSirreBob...... You know EXACTLY what I mean..... Amirite?!

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Doesn't Bowles run some sort of fancy-pantsy nickel package or something?

Sure.  But I think that was an extra corner, not safety.  IDK though.  Seemed like Gilchrist and Pryor were the only 2 safeties on the field for the most part. 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Dupree was a bad pick?

Maybe, maybe not.  To early to tell at this point.  But he certainly wasnt this pass rusher extraordinaire you made him out to be based on his magical combine #'s (which is why I said that when you gave me Lawson's combine #'s).  The kid didnt record a sack the last 8 games of the year.  So maybe he hit the rookie wall or maybe he did exactly what I said he did in college, completely disappear in games. 

Lorenzo Maudlin got better as the season went on and recorded as many sacks as Dupree on the season playing 300 less snaps. 

27 minutes ago, JiF said:

Maybe, maybe not.  To early to tell at this point.  But he certainly wasnt this pass rusher extraordinaire you made him out to be based on his magical combine #'s (which is why I said that when you gave me Lawson's combine #'s).  The kid didnt record a sack the last 8 games of the year.  So maybe he hit the rookie wall or maybe he did exactly what I said he did in college, completely disappear in games. 

Lorenzo Maudlin got better as the season went on and recorded as many sacks as Dupree on the season playing 300 less snaps. 

Go check out the combine performances of the top two rookie sack leaders Preston Smith and Danielle Hunter. Dupree's going to be fine btw. Lawson's combine is more or less right with Smith.

56 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Go check out the combine performances of the top two rookie sack leaders Preston Smith and Danielle Hunter. Dupree's going to be fine btw. Lawson's combine is more or less right with Smith.

I really liked Preston Smith.

14 hours ago, JiF said:

He's an interesting prospect but what are you drafting him to play?   I'm guessing S because he's too small to play LB in Bowles system.  I'm not seeing him as a 1st rounder, personally, nor do I anticpate he's the best available.  He's kind of a tweener and I dont think those guys go too high.

Worth bearing in mind the position Deone Buccanon plays in that Arizona defence, a kind of hybrid safety playing linebacker, personally I'd prefer to see us use a mid-round pick if Bowles wants that player in his defense(TJ Green) and not burn the 20th overall on a very role specific player but clearly Bowles wants more speed and agility in his LB corps and perhaps Cravens or Kearse would be perfect in that role(personally I'm not sold on Kearse). Was disappointed we lost Antonio Allen for just this reason as he was absolutely perfect for that role and pretty much played it in college with a lot of success.

Agree with you on Bailey and Miles.

my personal safety crush at the moment is Justin Simmons, think he's going to be a stud pro and is just the kind of fluid ballhawk in coverage we've been missing for years and would complement Pryor perfectly.....also can tackle and hit.

On March 25, 2016 at 5:56 AM, PatsFanTX said:

What does that have to do with anything?

Are you saying the Jets should make moves based on what the Pats do?

Yea that would be out of character. Why would the Jets do anything to challenge the Pats offensive schemes.  After all it's seems they've won the division the last 20 years in a row and are our biggest rival.  We should play nice and bring Idziot back to run the draft for Mac to ensure Brady wins another 5 SB's with no interference from us.

5 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Shaq Lawson (OLB, Clemson)
Jayvon Kearse (S, Clemson)
Noah Spence (OLB, Eastern Kentucky)
Vonn Bell (S, Ohio St)
Yannick Ngakoue (OLB, Maryland)

I'd be shocked if Lawson is still there at 20.

On March 28, 2016 at 5:30 AM, Powpow said:

Yea that would be out of character. Why would the Jets do anything to challenge the Pats offensive schemes.  After all it's seems they've won the division the last 20 years in a row and are our biggest rival.  We should play nice and bring Idziot back to run the draft for Mac to ensure Brady wins another 5 SB's with no interference from us.

Because drafting in reaction to what the Pats do is the kind of stupid infatuation that clueless fans who think they're GMs do wh never the Pats fart.  

I don't know, you draft as a reaction to the Pats roster and one of the TEs get hurt?  Bet traded?  Are ineffective? We waste a pick?  Lol

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Because drafting in reaction to what the Pats do is the kind of stupid infatuation that clueless fans who think they're GMs do wh never the Pats fart.  

I don't know, you draft as a reaction to the Pats roster and one of the TEs get hurt?  Bet traded?  Are ineffective? We waste a pick?  Lol

I fart in your general direction.

Archived