Would it be worth it

Tinstar

The 1st pick in the draft is worth about 3000 points on that value chart . The 20th pick in the draft on that same chart is worth about 850 points .  Lets say for instance the Jets end up picking in the same spot next yr after the 2016 season.  My question is would a trade of the 20th pick in 2016, a 1st rounder next yr and Mohammed Wilkerson be enough to get us to the 1st pick in the draft .

I want Carson wentz , Hackenberg or I don't any QB in this draft until round 4 .

....Redskins gave up three 1sts and a 2nd to move up from 6 overall to 2 and draft rg3...not a chance the titans take a leap down 19 spots in the draft (probably for any price) and no it would not be worth it for us to give up so much and bank our future on a guy who the media is overhyping. At the end of the day Geoff and Lynch both have an equal chance of being the best NFL QB in this draft (no qb this year is close to a sure thing)  and there is a chance Lynch falls to us.

Yes. There are no QBs next year, and you're seemingly not getting a great player at 20 this year. Bowles is already on the hot seat and doesn't know it. The Jets are dumping Mo regardless. If you can draft Wentz, it gives this regime three years to get it together. Even if Wentz busts, it would have been worth the gamble because the alternative is that Fitzpatrick or McCown gets everybody fired in 2018.

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes. There are no QBs next year, and you're seemingly not getting a great player at 20 this year. Bowles is already on the hot seat and doesn't know it. The Jets are dumping Mo regardless. If you can draft Wentz, it gives this regime three years to get it together. Even if Wentz busts, it would have been worth the gamble because the alternative is that Fitzpatrick or McCown gets everybody fired in 2018.

Why would you say Bowles is on the hot seat, for missing the playoffs? I would hope our brass will give him more than 2-3 years to prove his worth. 

10 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Why would you say Bowles is on the hot seat, for missing the playoffs? I would hope our brass will give him more than 2-3 years to prove his worth. 

If, as it appears, Ryan Fitzpatrick ends up the starter this season and Petty doesn't take the job away from him, Bowles is going into his third year with nothing at the QB position and will have to start over with a rookie, or Jay Cutler. Point being, it's going to get late early if the Jets don't go full bore after a QB this offseason.

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If, as it appears, Ryan Fitzpatrick ends up the starter this season and Petty doesn't take the job away from him, Bowles is going into his third year with nothing at the QB position and will have to start over with a rookie, or Jay Cutler. Point being, it's going to get late early if the Jets don't go full bore after a QB this offseason.

Disagree.

I think if Fitz stays we'll be competitive again next season, especially if Mo stays too. I think most people appreciate last season was an over-achievement and a success for Bowles and so long as he doesn't have a disastrous season I think he'll be given time - Another 3/4 years at least. He's not comparable to Rex as a personality and doesn't bring those problems which were just infuriating when the team was losing.

Then again it can change pretty quickly and it was pretty hilarious to see some fans turning on him even halfway through last season. I think the organisation loves him though. 

32 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Disagree.

I think if Fitz stays we'll be competitive again next season, especially if Mo stays too. I think most people appreciate last season was an over-achievement and a success for Bowles and so long as he doesn't have a disastrous season I think he'll be given time - Another 3/4 years at least. He's not comparable to Rex as a personality and doesn't bring those problems which were just infuriating when the team was losing.

Then again it can change pretty quickly and it was pretty hilarious to see some fans turning on him even halfway through last season. I think the organisation loves him though. 

One can hope. 

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Watson will be prolly declare after this upcoming season. We would prolly have to tank or trade up to get him, but hes legit

8 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

Watson will be prolly declare after this upcoming season. We would prolly have to tank or trade up to get him, but hes legit

I'd prefer Rosen over Watson, but we would really have to suck to have a shot at either. 

18 hours ago, Tinstar said:

The 1st pick in the draft is worth about 3000 points on that value chart . The 20th pick in the draft on that same chart is worth about 850 points .  Lets say for instance the Jets end up picking in the same spot next yr after the 2016 season.  My question is would a trade of the 20th pick in 2016, a 1st rounder next yr and Mohammed Wilkerson be enough to get us to the 1st pick in the draft .

I want Carson wentz , Hackenberg or I don't any QB in this draft until round 4 .

2 first rounders and one of the best defensive ends in the league? you're outta your mind lol. Not for any qb this year... it's a weak class.

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I could see that. Hopefully he continues to improve as a coach and our brass sees his value. I like Bowles, hopefully Mac can land him a franchise QB. 

19 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

is rosen available in next years draft? hes good as well as the qb from miami

Unfortunately, no. Rosen played last season as a true freshman. Some guys that could be interesting include Chad Kelly and Joshua Dobbs (if he continues to develop). 

23 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

2 first rounders and one of the best defensive ends in the league? you're outta your mind lol. Not for any qb this year... it's a weak class.

Time will tell just how wrong or right we both are . By the way, I want Carson Wentz in the 1st round, even at the cost of trading up to get him, but he's still sitting on the bench that 1st year if I have anything to do with it . 

14 hours ago, artemusclyde said:

Depends on what the 49ers and Browns do. Honestly, if Wentz or Goff drop I think it'd be worth it to jump the Rams. Wouldn't have to give up that much either, might be able to get away with trading a 3rd.

Never happen. The NFL is a different world since the passing game has changed how football is now played.  Teams are desperate for QB's and often reach for one in hopes of striking gold like Vikes did with Ponder.  Even teams with quality QB's snatch these borderline elite QB's up early to groom them in the future. Bottom line is we are due.  I really think Mac will find a QB for this team's future to build around without mortgaging an entire draft.  Also believe Woody will give him the time to find that man.  Now going into his 2nd year, Mac has infused the roster with capable players and is slowly sifting out the garbage.  To jump from 4-12 to 10-6 was quite an achievement which earned him Exec of the Year.  I haven't agreed with many of his moves but he does seem to have this organization finally moving in the right direction.

On 3/26/2016 at 4:12 PM, CotcheryifyouCan said:

Start

On 3/26/2016 at 4:21 PM, maury77 said:

I'd prefer Rosen over Watson, but we would really have to suck to have a shot at either. 

Geno. Profit

Archived