KennyO7's Mock 2016 Jets Draft V1

kennyo7

Rd1. Jack Conklin, OT

Yeah, I know, probably wont be there at #20, but every year you get players drafted higher and lower than expected and I think we catch a break here and get our Bookend LT for the next 10 years,

Rd2. Noah Spence, OLB

I see Spence dropping to us after poor interviews, concerns about character and so-so combine. Speed pass rusher who will likely need a year or two to develop into a complete player while he is used as a situational pass rusher from day 1.

Rd3. Scooby Wright III, ILB

He will drop due to poor combine but the game film doesnt lie, this guy is a football player and will learn behind D.Harris and Henderson before he takes over as a starter alongside Taiwan Jones

Rd4. DJ White, CB

Can play outside or inside. Good cover corner. Team Captain, adds youth to our Secondary

Rd5. Tajae Sharpe, WR

Big receiver at 6'2, just turned 21. Can play in the slot or outside and will learn behind Marshall and Decker to replace one in the next 2 years

Rd7. Darion Griswold, TE

Good size and hands. Was All State in Basketball. Shines in Shrine Game. A project with athleticism

UDFA

Tom Hackett, P

Fills obvious need. Upgrades Special Teams

Tavon Young, CB

Undersized, try hard corner to play the slot from Temple

Antwione Williams, OLB

Great size and arm length. Disciplined player whose weaknesses are not physical and can be coached up

Stephane Nembot, OT

Raw player w experience at bot RT and LT. Great size and length but needs serious coaching and strength training

Matt Skura, C

Another option to groom as Mangold's eventual replacement. Very smart and technically sound player from Duke.

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Interesting draft .  Why no QB anywhere ?

I am assuming we will resign Fitzpatrick as a bridge to Petty. I don't see any of the guys available outside of Wentz or Goff as a step up from Petty. 

3 hours ago, kennyo7 said:

I am assuming we will resign Fitzpatrick as a bridge to Petty. I don't see any of the guys available outside of Wentz or Goff as a step up from Petty. 

*spits out beer in shock*

Well, i was about to ask wtf, no QB... but now i understand.

I'll let myself out. 

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

*spits out beer in shock*

Well, i was about to ask wtf, no QB... but now i understand.

I'll let myself out. 

So which QB would you pick and in what round? Not sure Hackenberg, Cook, or Lynch are better prospects than Petty but im happy to listen to your argument as to why they are and why we should give up a pick to take them  over any player I chose in my mock

12 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Look longer and harder .

Ive looked. Tell me which prospect you think we should take. Who has a higher upside than what we have in Petty? I think outside of Wentz or Goff they are all projects with significant blemishes. Which QB should we take, in which round? Agree that QB is the most important position and biggest need but we have needs everywhere and with only 6 pick Im not sure which QB you will take that will fill our need at QB. No one is coming in to start week 1

17 minutes ago, kennyo7 said:

Ive looked. Tell me which prospect you think we should take. Who has a higher upside than what we have in Petty? I think outside of Wentz or Goff they are all projects with significant blemishes. Which QB should we take, in which round? Agree that QB is the most important position and biggest need but we have needs everywhere and with only 6 pick Im not sure which QB you will take that will fill our need at QB. No one is coming in to start week 1

Agreed. No sense in having two projects on this team, plus Geno. If Fitz doesn't come back, they need a veteran who can start. Unless it's a round 1 QB, none of the other guys are really worth it. 

So which QB would you pick and in what round? Not sure Hackenberg, Cook, or Lynch are better prospects than Petty but im happy to listen to your argument as to why they are and why we should give up a pick to take them  over any player I chose in my mock

Well let's start with Petty sucks. He's not who you think he is;

Jets coach Todd Bowles said Bryce Petty needs to improve inside the pocket.

"When he gets pressure, he becomes antsy and his feet start moving," said Bowles. Performance under duress is arguably the most critical trait for quarterbacks to master at the NFL level. Even after a full year on the bench, Petty doesn't sound like a legitimate option to play snaps for the Jets in 2016

I hope he develops into something, but at this point I think his chances of being on the 53 in September are 50/50

Secondly if you're asking me who I like or think is worth what, then youve obviously ignored the last 2 months in the draft forum. Go read my QB thread. Or any QB thread.

Summary:

Rnd 1 lynch

Rnd 3 Allen, Jones

Rnd 4 cook

Rnd 5 Adams

3 hours ago, kennyo7 said:

I don't think he can rival Petty's arm talent, but Cook has that standing tall in the pocket (in the face of danger) down pat. 

Prolly the ONE thing that determines a rookie's success; his nerves/ability to perform under extreme pressure. 

Hogan has shades of it too, but he's more prone to tucking and running...like Petty. 

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

Well let's start with Petty sucks. He's not who you think he is;

I hope he develops into something, but at this point I think his chances of being on the 53 in September are 50/50

Secondly if you're asking me who I like or think is worth what, then youve obviously ignored the last 2 months in the draft forum. Go read my QB thread. Or any QB thread.

Summary:

Rnd 1 lynch

Rnd 3 Allen, Jones

Rnd 4 cook

Rnd 5 Adams

Well lets start with Lynch, Allen, Jones, Cook, and Adams all suck. They are not who you think they are. They are all seriously flawed QBs no better than Petty. Hopefully they will develop into something but just like Petty, there chances are 50/50. Your thread on QBs doesnt change anything. Sorry.

Well lets start with Lynch, Allen, Jones, Cook, and Adams all suck. They are not who you think they are. They are all seriously flawed QBs no better than Petty. Hopefully they will develop into something but just like Petty, there chances are 50/50. Your thread on QBs doesnt change anything. Sorry.

Insightful, well supported and intuitive.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

I don't think he can rival Petty's arm talent, but Cook has that standing tall in the pocket (in the face of danger) down pat. 

Prolly the ONE thing that determines a rookie's success; his nerves/ability to perform under extreme pressure. 

Hogan has shades of it too, but he's more prone to tucking and running...like Petty. 

Cook has major problems with accuracy especially in the short and intermediate passing game. Will be a problem in our offense. Hes also never stepped up in any big games.

Hogan has issues with mechanics and footwork and not much of an arm.

My point is that outside of Goff and Wentz, you are looking at flawed QBs who are crapshoots as to whether they will ever be starters in the league. They are all projects like Petty, so why waste a pick on them if you have issues at just about every other position and can get better players there?

1 hour ago, kennyo7 said:

Yup, as insightful and well supported as your own post. In fact word for word, the same as your post.

Yup, as insightful and well supported as your own post. In fact word for word, the same as your post.

I think you meant to say - I'm lazy, and don't want to spend 4 secs looking at threads breaking down the QBs, like for example just below there's a thread called BREAKING DOWN THE TOP QBs

On 3/30/2016 at 10:14 PM, Paradis said:

I think you meant to say - I'm lazy, and don't want to spend 4 secs looking at threads breaking down the QBs, like for example just below there's a thread called BREAKING DOWN THE TOP QBs

No I saw your QB breakdown, and your mock drafts and your posts. Clearly you have a hard on for Paxton Lynch. Thats fine. I have only seen him play twice, once against Ole Miss where he looked good and then in the bowl game against a very mediocre Auburn team where he looked like garbage. The guy has intriguing skills but he is raw as hell having played in a offense that didnt ask him to make many reads. Additionally, the guy compiled his stats against horrible competition. He had 2 games against decent, not great competition. Looked good against Ole Miss but sucked against Auburn. He is  a project, just like Petty. We draft him, he will be riding the bench for 1 maybe 2 years at least.

If we pass up on someone like Jack Conklin to roll the dice on Lynch, i will throw my TV out the window.

Sorry, but I think you need to stop jerking Lynch and wake up to the reality that he is a project, you dont take projects in the 1st round, even at QB

4 hours ago, kennyo7 said:

No I saw your QB breakdown, and your mock drafts and your posts. Clearly you have a hard on for Paxton Lynch. Thats fine. I have only seen him play twice, once against Ole Miss where he looked good and then in the bowl game against a very mediocre Auburn team where he looked like garbage. The guy has intriguing skills but he is raw as hell having played in a offense that didnt ask him to make many reads. Additionally, the guy compiled his stats against horrible competition. He had 2 games against decent, not great competition. Looked good against Ole Miss but sucked against Auburn. He is  a project, just like Petty. We draft him, he will be riding the bench for 1 maybe 2 years at least.

If we pass up on someone like Jack Conklin to roll the dice on Lynch, i will throw my TV out the window.

Sorry, but I think you need to stop jerking Lynch and wake up to the reality that he is a project, you dont take projects in the 1st round, even at QB

Alright, we don't agree on QBs. So there's no point in kicking dust at each other all day. I would hazard you to understand that Paxton is viewed as a developmental franchise QB, while Petty fighting to be a developmental back up... little bit of a difference there.

What i find to be more curious/concerning is your reference to "QBs" in round 1... like they ought to be day 1 starter. That's a terrible approach to take IMO.

51 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Alright, we don't agree on QBs. So there's no point in kicking dust at each other all day. I would hazard you to understand that Paxton is viewed as a developmental franchise QB, while Petty fighting to be a developmental back up... little bit of a difference there.

What i find to be more curious/concerning is your reference to "QBs" in round 1... like they ought to be day 1 starter. That's a terrible approach to take IMO.

Thats your opinion. Depends on which scout you ask. Not sure where you are coming up with your assessment of Petty.

I dont think any of the QBs this year can step in on day 1. All need to ride the bench. The only one I can see coming in to start at some point later this year  is Goff and possible Wentz.

This is not a good class of QBs. As much as we need a QB I would not take one in the 1st (unless Goff or Wentz falls to us) and certainly would not trade picks to trade up and select one.

Thats your opinion. Depends on which scout you ask. Not sure where you are coming up with your assessment of Petty.

I dont think any of the QBs this year can step in on day 1. All need to ride the bench. The only one I can see coming in to start at some point later this year  is Goff and possible Wentz.

This is not a good class of QBs. As much as we need a QB I would not take one in the 1st (unless Goff or Wentz falls to us) and certainly would not trade picks to trade up and select one.

That's everyone opinion man. 32 teams for 3 rounds agreed. Bowles has openly said Petty has a lot of work to do to secure the #2 spot. The number #2 dude... Those are facts. At some point you're just delusional about who you think he is. But whatever, it's your prerogative I guess.

Also, expecting a qb who can start year 1 is part of the NFL's biggest problem. NONE of them ever should be rushed on to the field. Luck is the exception, not the standard.

A Qb sitting for a year is a good thing.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

That's everyone opinion man. 32 teams for 3 rounds agreed. Bowles has openly said Petty has a lot of work to do to secure the #2 spot. The number #2 dude... Those are facts. At some point you're just delusional about who you think he is. But whatever, it's your prerogative I guess.

Also, expecting a qb who can start year 1 is part of the NFL's biggest problem. NONE of them ever should be rushed on to the field. Luck is the exception, not the standard.

A Qb sitting for a year is a good thing.

Not Delusional at all. I think that Petty is a project QB. He has all the physical tools, has ideal NFL Size and arm, is mobile, is bright,  a strong leader in college and a hard worker. He was awarded by his teammates  the Bill Hampton Award winner, which goes to the rookie "who exemplifies what it means to be a pro in the locker room." Imagine that his teammates, who know him better than you and I thoght this rookie 3rd string QB who never saw a snap exemplified what it means to be a pro in the locker room more than Leonard Williams, Lorenzo Mauldin, Devin Smith.

Hes a friggin project just like your boy Paxton Lynch.

I know what Bowles said and hes 100% right. The ceiling this year for Petty is #2. He never said this kid can not be a starter in the future. He is saying that this kid was raw as hell and needs another year on the bench before he can compete for the starting job. If he stinks up the joint he is #3 or doesnt make the team. No surprise there. Anyone who saw this kid in college knew he needed more than 1 year on the bench to develop. Thing is, Petty has the physical tools and based on what his Jet Teammates said, his Baylor and HS Coach es said, this kid has the drive and determination to make it happen. Will he do it? I dont know. Thats why he is a project and went in the 4th round not 1st round.

Paxton Lynch is the same thing. Difference is you want to take him with the 1st round pick. You do know he will be riding the bench for 2 years, right?

Archived