Shopping Mo ?

no psls

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's a point of reference, my man.  Tom said Mo isnt worth that on the open market, meanwhile a player 10x less talented, signed for a whole 1.5 mil less than that # Tom quoted.

I'm not talking about the Jets.  I'm talking about the market.  If Malik can get 14.5, Mo can get 16.

Point taken. I agree someone will pay him 16 or more.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, KRL said:

Thank you!!!  Wilkerson isn't "great" he's a good player.  Great players make an impact in the HOU and second BUF game, which he didn't

Or any game for that matter. 

Can anyone really point to a single recent game where Mo "took over" and won a game, the way JJ Watt and Von Miller do multiple times per year?

He's the least visible "star" I've ever seen.

I genuinely feel like I'm watching different games. Teams don't plan for Richardson, he's not an impact player, he's good but not disruptive. I wish you guys were coaching against us. LMAO.

He's unanimously considered among the best in the league ffs. He constantly changes games, stats shows he's by far our most consistent pass rusher and with Snacks gone he's our best run stopper.

But these things mean nothing - Apparently every position besides QB is worthless so we should probably just get rid of all these linemen. Why do we keep drafting them anyways? I'd be devastated if I must endure another season of this madness. 

15 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Or any game for that matter. 

Can anyone really point to a single recent game where Mo "took over" and won a game, the way JJ Watt and Von Miller do multiple times per year?

He's the least visible "star" I've ever seen.

Patriots. Week 16. Lived in the backfield.

Literally our second last game.

We have crazy people for fans. Legit. 

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

I genuinely feel like I'm watching different games. Teams don't plan for Richardson, he's not an impact player, he's good but not disruptive. I wish you guys were coaching against us. LMAO.

He's unanimously considered among the best in the league ffs. He constantly changes games, stats shows he's by far our most consistent pass rusher and with Snacks gone he's our best run stopper.

But these things mean nothing - Apparently every position besides QB is worthless so we should probably just get rid of all these linemen. Why do we keep drafting them anyways? I'd be devastated if I must endure another season of this madness. 

According to Jiff Mo was the reason Sheldon won ROTH..

11 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Patriots. Week 16. Lived in the backfield.

Literally our second last game.

We have crazy people for fans. Legit. 

How many super bowls have we won with Wilkerson? 

This logic is crazy I get it, but doesn't mean it's not true. He's expendable. 

Edit: he did dominant that game though. Like I've said he's a really good player who plays great sometimes and benefited from a great line. Not elite tho 

1 hour ago, jett said:

Wilkerson is a great player.. Who...oh yeah, played with Sheldon Richardson, Damon Harrison, and last year, Williams. Anyone think that hmmm maybe? just maybe he was a really good player who played even better due to the line? 

Ship him out of here for a 2nd and a 4th. His 15 cap charge is killing us. 

You keep using 1sts and trading them for a 2nd and 4th.  A first who is a pro bowl player.  

Only this fanbase can find a way to complain about a player being too good and isn't worth paying what he's worth. 

51 minutes ago, JiF said:

Again, you're not trading Mo and finding an equal...which is basically what a top 5 vs. a top 10 player is.

Never said we were. Sometimes you need to downgrade to save a significant amount of cap space needed to upgrade positions of bigger need.

11 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

According to Jiff Mo was the reason Sheldon won ROTH..

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

No sh*t? 

Show me where I said that please.

Actually it was Jett who's trying to make the case that  Mo's the product of the players around him.

5 minutes ago, jett said:

Edit: he did dominant that game though. Like I've said he's a really good player who plays great sometimes and benefited from a great line. Not elite tho 

Pretty lame logic at work here.  How many SBs have we won with Revis? 

Means he's not good?  Isn't one of the best? 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You keep using 1sts and trading them for a 2nd and 4th.  A first who is a pro bowl player.  

Only this fanbase can find a way to complain about a player being too good and isn't worth paying what he's worth. 

That's how the nfl works. Do the Patriots pay every one of their players? No its a machine. They release and trade players and bring In new ones. That's how you run a franchise. 

15 hours ago, jett said:

Your being kind to yourself. That logic is beyond crazy. By that logic Brandon Marshall would be among the worst players in the league.

I get that we have differing values of the position. I could easily see Mo being a Richard Seymour type figure if he was on an elite team. This idea that he isn't disruptive is just absurd - It's not opinion, it's utterly ridiculous - A objective site that evaluates players purely on performance tells us that for the last 5 years he's been among the most disruptive players in the league - Against passing and rushing - and you guys are saying he's merely "good". He is absolutely an elite player, he's our best player. 

Someone just said that he can't remember a dominant game - I mean seriously, he ******* KILLED the Pats in week 16, he was just having his way and our fans just deny it like it didn't happen very f*cking recently. I get why some people think it would be a better financial decision to let him walk, fair enough but to just completely pick apart one of the few damn great players we've had in recent years is absurd and pretty god damn frustrating. 

Criticising him for not making more plays to win us the Bills game - Again self defeating logic - You could have said that about anyone in any loss ever. Just absurd. 

He was better this past year at disrupting plays than he's ever been.  His closing speed, change of directions, brute strength, and ability to chase down scrambling QBs behind the LOS was really impressive for a 315 lb man. I challenge anyone to find a better defensive lineman in the AFC-East.  Is he a sack-artist? No.  But for a guy who takes on two blockers and still stuffs the run, he sure does get a lot of sacks.  He's the best all-around DL we have, and his teammates will contest to that.  

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Your being kind to yourself. That logic is beyond crazy. By that logic Brandon Marshall would be among the worst players in the league.

I get that we have differing values of the position. I could easily see Mo being a Richard Seymour type figure if he was on an elite team. This idea that he isn't disruptive is just absurd - It's not opinion, it's utterly ridiculous - A objective site that evaluates players purely on performance tells us that for the last 5 years he's been among the most disruptive players in the league - Against passing and rushing - and you guys are saying he's merely "good". He is absolutely an elite player, he's our best player. 

Someone just said that he can't remember a dominant game - I mean seriously, he ******* KILLED the Pats in week 16, he was just having his way and our fans just deny it like it didn't happen very f*cking recently. I get why some people think it would be a better financial decision to let him walk, fair enough but to just completely pick apart one of the few damn great players we've had in recent years is absurd and pretty god damn frustrating. 

Criticising him for not making more plays to win us the Bills game - Again self defeating logic - You could have said that about anyone in any loss ever. Just absurd. 

I never said he's not disruptive, I know others have though. He's really consistent, I will give him that. But I think for the better for the team we trade him. 100 million for him when I think Williams could be what he is and more, I mean isn't that why we drafted Williams? To replace him? Wilk is really good but I don't think he's elite. Elite is Watt, Miller, Revis back in 09... 

2 minutes ago, jett said:

Last year was the first winning season since Mo was on the team.. But that's not on Mo that's on bad offenses except in 09-10 that sucess was on really good D during the season..

26 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

If he's so dominant, and he's been available for a year, why hasn't anyone traded for him? 

Just now, BroadwayJets said:

Picking Leonard at 6 sealed his fate here IMO. 

That seems to be the case Mac probably made a final offer and when it was turned down couldn't believe his luck when Williams fell to pick 6.. If I could have Mo at Revis's contract I would take Mo except Mo wanted more I think..

45 minutes ago, jett said:

That's how the nfl works. Do the Patriots pay every one of their players? No its a machine. They release and trade players and bring In new ones. That's how you run a franchise. 

Not that's not how the NFL works.  They don't run their best players out of NE.  They run aging players who are the decline out of town.  They don't sell off their top players and at a loss, a completely different scenario.

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If we didn't burn all that cash on Revis, we're not even having this conversation. 

Yup. Mo is the one high salary guy who's actually going out and justifying the figure. Crazy that he might have to be the one to go.

Still though - Am I right in saying cutting Ferguson saves us over $9m? Because if it's comes down to who's closer the better value from that selection, it's not even close.

I know a lot of people want to do both, but I don't see (from my very poorly educated POV on the cap) we can't cut Brick, keep Mo, draft an OL and work from there. Wouldn't we still have enough? 

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not that's not how the NFL works.  They don't run their best players out of NE.  They run aging p,Akers who are the decline out of town.  They don't sell off their top players and at a loss, a completely different scenario.

Ok... So sign Wilk and say goodbye to Fitz.. We now have no quarterback this year... So... What's more important.. Qb? Or DE where we have plenty of depth. I mean come on people. Qb is way more important and like Fitz or not he's our best option. Not at 16 mil but he's our best option. 

Now if you said the goal is to tank this season and get a franchise qb next year, that's a different story. But if you want to be competitive this year, you can't sign Wilk. 

If he's not coming down on his demands then you have no choice but to see what's out there in a trade....I love Mo and he is the 2nd best 3-4 DL in the league behind Watt but I don't think he's worth 100mil+ in an extension...

We franchised him already, you can't lose him for free next offseason...if he hits the market next offseason he's a sure goner to the highest bidder. You have to extend or trade him this offseason! 

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

That seems to be the case Mac probably made a final offer and when it was turned down couldn't believe his luck when Williams fell to pick 6.. If I could have Mo at Revis's contract I would take Mo except Mo wanted more I think..

I hope he does get that, because he's a really nice guy and played great for us, but he's not getting that contract from us. 

This is the issue with the salary cap. We have to pick who we sign. 

Is Wilk a better player than Fitz? Of course, is qb more important than DE? Of course.  Did Fitz play good enough to make us competitive this year? Of course.  We have to pick Fitz or Wilk pretty much, and Wilk can't play qb... So....... 

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Broken leg, scary contracts and an irrational love of draft picks. 

The Leg isn't a problem we got a 1st and 4th for Revis who was coming off knee surgery except Mo isn't a 4 time Pro Bowler and 3 time All Pro that Revis was..

Archived