Shopping Mo ?

no psls

17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Something about too many in this fanbase who take joy in disparaging jet players performances even when they're good or better.  

Everybody likes Mo and wants him here forever. Not everybody thinks he's worth re-signing at his current pricetag. I haven't seen anything to the contrary.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Everybody likes Mo and wants him here forever. Not everybody thinks he's worth re-signing at his current pricetag. I haven't seen anything to the contrary.

That's fine, the he's not that good or the ever popular he's not JJ or the he's overrated contingent are out there though

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That's fine, the he's not that good or the ever popular he's not JJ or the he's overrated contingent are out there. 

Only comparison I've seen to JJ is that he's not worth JJ Watt $. No one's outright complaint is that he isn't JJ Watt because no one else is. 

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Only comparison I've seen to JJ is that he's not worth JJ Watt $. No one's outright complaint is that he isn't JJ Watt because no one else is. 

Well I've had more than a few people comment that he's no JJ.  Think detectivekimble posted how much better JJ was over Mo

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well I've had more than a few people comment that he's no JJ.  Think detectivekimble posted how much better JJ was over Mo

I think that's to draw attention to him not being worth JJ money, which he's seeking to exceed. And at he's not uniquely irreplaceable like JJ.

Anyone who doesn't think Mo is an excellent player doesn't watch football. 

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I think that's to draw attention to him not being worth JJ money, which he's seeking to exceed. And at he's not uniquely irreplaceable like JJ.

Anyone who doesn't think Mo is an excellent player doesn't watch football. 

Exactly sperm.  The point with money is the size of the contract doesn't always reflect talent and play.  If your a top 5 DE, young and available, while also being a model citizen who causes no problems and are one of a handful of FAs you'll hit payday.  Have the bad fortune of being a FA when there are lots of alternatives, not so much.  The top players aren't necessarily the highest paid players.

also, I've yet to see, other than speculation due to the above and Mo's talent level, of a number Mo is looking for.  Or a range. 

On March 31, 2016 at 3:31 PM, jett said:

You're right we are watching a different team apparently.  And there isn't even a debate? Really? How ignorant can you be. 

You are seriously delerious if after all your nonsensical posts about pretty much any and every subject you jump in on you have the nerve to call anyone ignorant.  

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You are seriously delerious if after all your nonsensical posts about pretty much any and every subject you jump in on you have the nerve to call anyone ignorant.  

U hurt my feelings take it back 

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly sperm.  The point with money is the size of the contract doesn't always reflect talent and play.  If your a top 5 DE, young and available, while also being a model citizen who causes no problems and are one of a handful of FAs you'll hit payday.  Have the bad fortune of being a FA when there are lots of alternatives, not so much.  The top players aren't necessarily the highest paid players.

also, I've yet to see, other than speculation due to the above and Mo's talent level, of a number Mo is looking for.  Or a range. 

Absent the contract obstacle, the team would be keeping Mo. I think the last 2 seasons have shown that, when we brought him back with salaries of $1M and $7M respectively. I heard that same "there's no proof" stuff when Revis also wasn't seeking the money we all knew he was seeking. There's more than blind speculation when you hear multiple reports of the 2 sides being nowhere close. The Jets knew what he wanted a year ago, and that number never goes down or even stays the same after another year of NFL inflation and after the best statistical season of his career.

In this market, with Mo already counting $16M this season under the tag, if he wasn't looking for that amount or more annually he'd have been locked up by now. The 2 sides being reported as so wide apart suggests what he's looking or, unless he's seeking $12-13M/year and the Jets have only offered him the same $9M line in the sand as they've made with Fitzpatrick. That seems pretty far-fetched.

With Olivier Vernon getting $17M per across town (and the Jets being in the bidding until it exceeded $15M per), I can't believe - and don't believe - Mo is seeking any than that, and is probably seeking more (having accomplished more). And why should he? He's probably rightly pissed off he's played for so little the past 2 seasons while lesser others cashed in. Especially when he's already looking at $16M for this season under the tag, with guaranteed full free agency a year later (we're not tagging him again in 2017). 

Teams just don't franchise tag a player for millions more than he's seeking annually. They easily lock up such players. And even if they did? That bargain, sure thing, franchise tagged player isn't out there for more than a week without a single contract offer.

If Mo can stay healthy and repeat his season (and if he's worth all that he will repeat), his best bet money-wise is to play under the tag and then hit free agency next year when he might get all of $20M per. He's done it the past 2 seasons, but there's obvious risk involved with it (as his tearful face showed when he broke his leg, surely fearing the worst, at the worst possible time). 

It's no less "speculation" to suggest he's seeking millions less, per annum, than the current tag amount.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Absent the contract obstacle, the team would be keeping Mo. I think the last 2 seasons have shown that, when we brought him back with salaries of $1M and $7M respectively. I heard that same "there's no proof" stuff when Revis also wasn't seeking the money we all knew he was seeking. There's more than blind speculation when you hear multiple reports of the 2 sides being nowhere close. The Jets knew what he wanted a year ago, and that number never goes down or even stays the same after another year of NFL inflation and after the best statistical season of his career.

In this market, with Mo already counting $16M this season under the tag, if he wasn't looking for that amount or more annually he'd have been locked up by now. The 2 sides being reported as so wide apart suggests what he's looking or, unless he's seeking $12-13M/year and the Jets have only offered him the same $9M line in the sand as they've made with Fitzpatrick. That seems pretty far-fetched.

With Olivier Vernon getting $17M per across town (and the Jets being in the bidding until it exceeded $15M per), I can't believe - and don't believe - Mo is seeking any than that, and is probably seeking more (having accomplished more). And why should he? He's probably rightly pissed off he's played for so little the past 2 seasons while lesser others cashed in. Especially when he's already looking at $16M for this season under the tag, with guaranteed full free agency a year later (we're not tagging him again in 2017). 

Teams just don't franchise tag a player for millions more than he's seeking annually. They easily lock up such players. And even if they did? That bargain, sure thing, franchise tagged player isn't out there for more than a week without a single contract offer.

If Mo can stay healthy and repeat his season (and if he's worth all that he will repeat), his best bet money-wise is to play under the tag and then hit free agency next year when he might get all of $20M per. He's done it the past 2 seasons, but there's obvious risk involved with it (as his tearful face showed when he broke his leg, surely fearing the worst, at the worst possible time). 

It's no less "speculation" to suggest he's seeking millions less, per annum, than the current tag amount.

All I said is there are no factual reports of what he's asking for, None of us know there's just lots of speculation

Just now, Jet Nut said:

All I said is there are no factual reports of what he's asking for, None of us know there's just lots of speculation

There's no factual reports of him seeking less than $20M/year with $100M guaranteed either, but that's not stopping you from believing otherwise. Easy to play that game. 

In this never ending debate/conversation on what the Jets will or should do with MO, I noticed something rather interesting yesterday as I was going through the renewal folder for my season tickets.On the cover is a picture of 5 players plus Bowles. The 5 guys are Revis, Sheldon, Marshall, Decker and Leonard Williams. Anybody conspicuously not in the photo?  Don't most teams put their best player on such things?  Just asking......

17 minutes ago, section314 said:

In this never ending debate/conversation on what the Jets will or should do with MO, I noticed something rather interesting yesterday as I was going through the renewal folder for my season tickets.On the cover is a picture of 5 players plus Bowles. The 5 guys are Revis, Sheldon, Marshall, Decker and Leonard Williams. Anybody conspicuously not in the photo?  Don't most teams put their best player on such things?  Just asking......

And the plot thickens.

10 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

There's no factual reports of him seeking less than $20M/year with $100M guaranteed either, but that's not stopping you from believing otherwise. Easy to play that game. 

Except I'm saying I don't know.  Did you lose track of the conversation?  I'm saying until it's fact it's speculation.  To prove I'm wrong you gave a list of reasons why you're speculation of what he's asking for is fact?  

There is no argument, it's impossible for anyone to do anything more than guess.  You're trying to prove my very simple and accurate comment wrong; that until we have his exact money demands no one knows, with 100% accuracy what kind of deal he's looking for.  

You want to think this is somehow wrong, fine. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Except I'm saying I don't know.  Did you lose track of the conversation?  I'm saying until it's fact it's speculation.  To prove I'm wrong you gave a list of reasons why you're speculation of what he's asking for is fact?  

There is no argument, it's impossible for anyone to do anything more than guess.  You're trying to prove my very simple and accurate comment wrong; that until we have his exact money demands no one knows, with 100% accuracy what kind of deal he's looking for.  

You want to think this is somehow wrong, fine. 

Nobody literally announces what they're officially seeking. Even Fitzpatrick hasn't said himself he's been seeking in the $15-18M/year range, but we all know it's true.

The proof is in the pudding, so to speak. A team who wants nothing to do with him simply lets him go. That same team tags him for $16M for 1 season is well aware they've now set the bar for year 1 compensation at $16M. If he could have been had for millions less per season they'd have to be suffering from collective brain damage to let it get this far.

He's had comments about the contract the Bills paid Dareus  that were very much an "I'm happy for him to get paid that much... hint-hint" That was an extension for 6 years $95M with $60M total guaranteed, $43M guaranteed at signing, and a $25M signing bonus. That was prior to the start of the 2015 season. Since then, the salaries have inflated higher still (which is fine) and he just came off his best season in terms of money-stats (namely, sacks) and a pro bowl selection.

There isn't a person anywhere who seriously thinks he's seeking less than $16M/year right now. Especially after he (understandably) feels slighted for playing under very risky $1M and then $7M one year contracts with no long term guarantees.

Nobody literally announces what they're officially seeking. Even Fitzpatrick hasn't said himself he's been seeking in the $15-18M/year range, but we all know it's true.

The proof is in the pudding, so to speak.

Oh Jah....Have to -5 sacks for this but +4 new starters, maybe more, for the gold. 

6 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

If trading Mo to move up to #11 gets us a good sideline-to-sideline LB with quick feet and good technique who can start from day 1, I'm for it.  Lean on Sheldon and Leo up front, modernize the LB position.

We could agree to disagree, because IMO if we use our #20 pick PLUS the trade compensation for Mo on an ILB, when the team desperately needs a QB, a pass rusher, a pair of OTs, then a riot will be 100% justified.

A "good" sideline to sideline LB you pick up in free agency almost any season for $6-8M/year (e.g. Trevathan, now still only 26 years old, could have been had for $6.5M/year last month). Using those types of draft resources on a single, hopeful ILB prospect (effectively using a 1st + a 2nd round pick), without filling the other pressing needs that are far harder to fill, won't make us noticeably closer to a SB. 

Archived