elway knows the deal

kmnj

the broncos will and appear to be on their way to signing Kap and it will be  a STEAL for them

Kap has tons of upside and has tons of natural ability -his bad play only occurred when his team was in shambles loosing both key players and their head coach

We NEED a qb and one that has played well on the big stage and has won games and is not OLD

Jets should trade for Kap now before the ink is dried-cut dbrick and give them a fairly high draft pick(not saying a one or two even though are two seems to bust)

The lol is people saying Kap is not worth it even though he is a MASSIVE upgrade to Fitz 

I love reading the Kap haters who will look awfully silly saying guys that know football are not trying to get him when Elway maybe the games best gm will be signing him

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear you. His potential is awesome. But here's the deal, in my opinion:

even when he was on top of the world, when SF was a legit contender and he was throwing and running all over the place...even then, he had a knack for the dumb play.  He was still awesome to watch, don't get me wrong. But he seemed like a liability in a big game, when the defenses are good and the D pressure is on him. I liked him a lot but didn't trust him. 

If there's one thing I learned from Brady in his cheating domination, it's that decision making and accuracy trump physical talent by a large gap. I don't know if Kaep will grow in those mental/accuracy aspect enough to really be The Guy.

Have no idea where this came from as far as him going to denver for sure.  He's a young guy with some real upside but to me not worth making him the guy by paying him the way he is being paid and on top of that 'give them a real good draft pick'.  He did in fact play sh*tty last year.  And the old excuse of 'no weaponszzz' just means that qb is not a franchise type guy.

1 hour ago, BrickTamland said:

even when he was on top of the world, when SF was a legit contender and he was throwing and running all over the place...even then, he had a knack for the dumb play.  He was still awesome to watch, don't get me wrong. But he seemed like a liability in a big game, when the defenses are good and the D pressure is on him. I liked him a lot but didn't trust him. 

If there's one thing I learned from Brady in his cheating domination, it's that decision making and accuracy trump physical talent by a large gap. I don't know if Kaep will grow in those mental/accuracy aspect enough to really be The Guy.

You're talking about the difference between good/very good and elite. No one expects Kaep to be elite...  just better than the slop we've marched out under center for the last four decades.

From everything I've been reading his attitude is pretty awful - He's definitely got the talent but he's not without risks either. Probably the best guy out there though.

Wouldn't be against trading for him at all. Most 49ers fans seem convinced he's going to stay.

53 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

From everything I've been reading his attitude is pretty awful - He's definitely got the talent but he's not without risks either. Probably the best guy out there though.

Wouldn't be against trading for him at all. Most 49ers fans seem convinced he's going to stay.

He's banging his teammates ex girl.....not exactly a trait guys rally around 

1 hour ago, pointman said:

You're talking about the difference between good/very good and elite. No one expects Kaep to be elite...  just better than the slop we've marched out under center for the last four decades.

Haven't seen enough of him since the his SB, and he played exceptionally well that year, but I did notice once teams

took away the his running lanes, he wasn't as successful, I hope Elway signs Fitz, as maybe a one year bridge

to someone better, watching Fitz with the Broncos would be a blast.

1 hour ago, pointman said:

For the price of his contract and what it would cost to trade he would have to be elite. His salary isn't terrible for a starter this year but then he's paid at the top of the league by the end of the contract. How can he not have elite play for elite cash? Also consider what we would have to give up to SF to acquire him. You would have to have at least strong confidence that he is going to be a franchise QB.

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I would love if the Jets traded for Kap.

why?  when he abandoned the read/option he stunk.  the book on him is he can't read a defense and he wasn't liked in his own locker room.  does this sound like anyone else the jets have?

39 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

For the price of his contract and what it would cost to trade he would have to be elite. His salary isn't terrible for a starter this year but then he's paid at the top of the league by the end of the contract. How can he not have elite play for elite cash? Also consider what we would have to give up to SF to acquire him. You would have to have at least strong confidence that he is going to be a franchise QB.

Guaranteed elite talent at QB would be more expensive. And Kaep's salary is middle of the pack for QB's. If Fitz wants 12 million or more, I'd take Kaep at his current price over Fitz at anywhere near double digits.

46 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Brick and a first for Colin Kaepernick. This is a fantastic idea. I haven't heard a trade idea this smart since some guy suggested that the Mets trade Matt Harvey and Noah Syndergaard for Todd Frazier.

I said cut brick and NEVER  said a first for him - not sure where you are pulling that from-jets are going to cut brick and his money vould go towards  Kap

12 minutes ago, pointman said:

Guaranteed elite talent at QB would be more expensive. And Kaep's salary is middle of the pack for QB's. If Fitz wants 12 million or more, I'd take Kaep at his current price over Fitz at anywhere near double digits.

It is not middle of the pack. It is in the top quarter of QB contracts today and by the end of the contract he's making Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady money. Even if you're right that his salary today is middle of the pack for starters he hasn't been middle of the pack in performance.

I don't want to see us give Fitz a $12MM contract but that doesn't mean we have to pay more for less with a chance of magical awakening.

3 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

It is not middle of the pack. It is in the top quarter of QB contracts today and by the end of the contract he's making Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady money. Even if you're right that his salary today is middle of the pack for starters he hasn't been middle of the pack in performance.

I don't want to see us give Fitz a $12MM contract but that doesn't mean we have to pay more for less with a chance of magical awakening.

You might want to check again. There are 16 QB's as of right now making more money than him in 2016. That isn't "top quarter". 

52 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

why?  when he abandoned the read/option he stunk.  the book on him is he can't read a defense and he wasn't liked in his own locker room.  does this sound like anyone else the jets have?

Yes u know more then elway who always has been a kap fan - how many rings u got ?

4 hours ago, BrickTamland said:

Not comparing the two, but Favre threw a sh*tload of the stupidest interceptions I ever saw.  He could also get his team back up the field in minute and a half.  I like caution myself.  But if you can get it in the end zone a lot people will live with the dumb ones.  QBs who take chances will get burned.  5 and 8 yard completion guys always have calmer stats.    As for this post, the Broncos are not signing Kaep. They have to trade for him.  The Jets have 6 picks and did not just play in the Super Bowl.  They do not have a lot to trad gif they want to build depth for the future.

There's no doubt Kap's raw tools gives him a tantalizingly high potential ceiling.

But I just don't think a guy who relies heavily on using his legs is going to be a long-term success.  For one, I doubt his ability to stay healthy for a full season, and two, I think successful NFL QBs really need to be mentally prepared to take on the leadership role that the position requires.  That's not just leadership off the field or in the huddle.  It's also knowing which audible to call, what read to make, avoiding the sack and having a 6th sense of where the pressure will be, and getting rid of the ball quickly.  I'm not sold that Kap has those qualities.

No way do I trade for him.  Stay the course,wait for Fitz to realize his market value, and groom Petty.  Fitz is somewhat competent in the intelligence department.  If Petty can learn from Fitz how to analyze the defense, with his arm, his ceiling is more attractive than Kap's.

He is talented.  But its not at playing the qb position.  He can run and has a rocket arm.  But it takes much more to be great at that position.  Hes not accurate, has no touch on the ball, doesnt go through progressions and isnt a smart football player.

Let Denver make this mistake.  Not us.

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

The post count on this site would quadruple if the Jets traded for Kap. Endless screens of subjects with thousands of posts each.

20 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

A more reckless, less accurate version of Tony Romo.

They can have him.

Just going to have to accept that 2016 is a bridge year for the Jets. Whoever is starting in 2017 is what really matters.

Been hearing bridge year for decades

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He is talented.  But its not at playing the qb position.  He can run and has a rocket arm.  But it takes much more to be great at that position.  Hes not accurate, has no touch on the ball, doesnt go through progressions and isnt a smart football player.

Let Denver make this mistake.  Not us.

Do you honestly think you know more about this than John Elway?

An all time great QB and  a GM that has made smart personnel moves and steered his team to 2 SB games and built a perennial contender.

Really??

3 hours ago, kmnj said:

Yes u know more then elway who always has been a kap fan - how many rings u got ?

I'll bite, other than signing a first ballot HOF QB, a contender for best ever title, who has Elway impressed you by picking him as Denvers QB?  Osweiler, who he either screwed up with because he should have kept him or should be blamed for drafting him?  

Lot was it signing the other contender for HOF, Mark Sanchez?  

12 hours ago, kmnj said:

the broncos will and appear to be on their way to signing Kap and it will be  a STEAL for them

Kap has tons of upside and has tons of natural ability -his bad play only occurred when his team was in shambles loosing both key players and their head coach

We NEED a qb and one that has played well on the big stage and has won games and is not OLD

Jets should trade for Kap now before the ink is dried-cut dbrick and give them a fairly high draft pick(not saying a one or two even though are two seems to bust)

The lol is people saying Kap is not worth it even though he is a MASSIVE upgrade to Fitz 

I love reading the Kap haters who will look awfully silly saying guys that know football are not trying to get him when Elway maybe the games best gm will be signing him

Kapernick sucks. He has literally fallen off of a cliff in performance as the NFL has essentially figured him out, and he is not a good pcoket passer and also has zero touch. The team dumb enough to sign him will discover that he will continue his slide of suck. 

Archived