elway knows the deal

kmnj

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Do you honestly think you know more about this than John Elway?

An all time great QB and  a GM that has made smart personnel moves and steered his team to 2 SB games and built a perennial contender.

Really??

Elway hasn't inked a deal for Kaepernick and beyond media rumors, likely fueled by Kaepernick's agent, there is no proof such a deal is really out there.

If such a deal is on the table or occurs it doesn't mean the deal Elway can broker is necessarily the deal Mac could get.

Plus, are you ready to call Elway a genius for acquiring Sanchez?

Wow clearly the Kaep trade is more than a mere rumor.

First the stumbling block is that the 49ers don't want to eat a portion of Kaep's salary.

Here is the story:

http://www.tsn.ca/report-kaepernick-trade-being-held-up-1.463868  

It appears a an agreement in principle is in place to send Colin Kaepernick to the Denver Broncos, but there is a $4.9 million stumbling block.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Broncos and San Francisoco 49ers have yet to agree on which team should pay Kaepernick's guaranteed salary of $11.9 million for this season.

The report indicates a source has confirmed the Broncos are willing to pick up $7 million of the amount, which became guaranteed on Thursday when the 49ers kept him on their roster through March 31.

However, the 49ers are not willing to pay the remaining $4.9 million in salary and Kaepernick refuses to forfeit the amount to consummate the deal.

A source added the compensation, reportedly a mid-round pick, has been agreed upon by both teams and could be completed "with one phone call".  

Kaepernick, 28, was benched during the 2015 season for backup Blaine Gabbert before landing on injured reserve. In nine games, Kaepernick threw for 1,615 yards with six touchdowns and five interceptions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd consider Kaepernick at $7MM too although I think I'd rather have Glennon at the same price.

Assuming this rumor is true it really lets the air out of the bag on the argument that Elway is chasing Kaepernick because he's a genius and knows the truth about Kaepernick. The market value of a 28 year old QB who has run a SB offense is the same as a 33 year old career JAG who hasn't seen the playoffs. That doesn't happen by accident.

21 hours ago, kmnj said:

Elway one of best gms loves kap- i will trust his qb knowledge over the haters here

They're willing to give up a mid-round pick and $7M in salary. I'd call that like, not love. 

4 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Wow clearly the Kaep trade is more than a mere rumor.

First the stumbling block is that the 49ers don't want to eat a portion of Kaep's salary.

Here is the story:

http://www.tsn.ca/report-kaepernick-trade-being-held-up-1.463868  

It appears a an agreement in principle is in place to send Colin Kaepernick to the Denver Broncos, but there is a $4.9 million stumbling block.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Broncos and San Francisoco 49ers have yet to agree on which team should pay Kaepernick's guaranteed salary of $11.9 million for this season.

The report indicates a source has confirmed the Broncos are willing to pick up $7 million of the amount, which became guaranteed on Thursday when the 49ers kept him on their roster through March 31.

However, the 49ers are not willing to pay the remaining $4.9 million in salary and Kaepernick refuses to forfeit the amount to consummate the deal.

A source added the compensation, reportedly a mid-round pick, has been agreed upon by both teams and could be completed "with one phone call".  

Kaepernick, 28, was benched during the 2015 season for backup Blaine Gabbert before landing on injured reserve. In nine games, Kaepernick threw for 1,615 yards with six touchdowns and five interceptions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this report is accurate, and I suspect it is, a deal will get done.  9'ers and Denver will compromise on who pays what.  After getting this close to a deal SF can't keep Kaep as the QB

Really I'd sooner draft Lynch. He's a poor mans Cam Newton. He can run but not play QB like Cam.

Lets draft one, and not spend money on a player who was benched for Blaine Gabbert. If he was any good, would the 9ers let him go?

Denver won a Super Bowl with a broken QB, and no Offence. They don't need a Super Star to Win at QB. 

The Jets aren't Denver, we had a great year, but we are definatly in transition. 

On 4/2/2016 at 1:14 PM, kmnj said:

the broncos will and appear to be on their way to signing Kap and it will be  a STEAL for them

Kap has tons of upside and has tons of natural ability -his bad play only occurred when his team was in shambles loosing both key players and their head coach

We NEED a qb and one that has played well on the big stage and has won games and is not OLD

Jets should trade for Kap now before the ink is dried-cut dbrick and give them a fairly high draft pick(not saying a one or two even though are two seems to bust)

The lol is people saying Kap is not worth it even though he is a MASSIVE upgrade to Fitz 

I love reading the Kap haters who will look awfully silly saying guys that know football are not trying to get him when Elway maybe the games best gm will be signing him

Stopped reading this after saying Kap was a steal for the Broncos. He's so bad I think I am truly honestly better. They started Gabbert over him... Blaine Gabbert.. Let that sink in

6 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

Elway hasn't inked a deal for Kaepernick and beyond media rumors, likely fueled by Kaepernick's agent, there is no proof such a deal is really out there.

If such a deal is on the table or occurs it doesn't mean the deal Elway can broker is necessarily the deal Mac could get.

Plus, are you ready to call Elway a genius for acquiring Sanchez?

I know he hasnt signed Kaep yet but give him credit for trying instead of sitting pat and sniffing at scrubs like the Jets are doing.

Is he a genius for signing Sanchez?

Cmon man did you ever think he ever envisioned Sanchez as Peytons repacement??

What winning team doesnt need a decent back up QB and that is exactly what Sanchez is.

He is trying to make the bold move. Its what good GMs and winning franchises do.

What has kap done the past two seasons? He went to the super bowl once after taking over for Alex Smith who had a winning record that season on a great team and has done crap since. Geno has as good of a chance of developing into a franchise qb.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, bassmaster2 said:

Why would Kaepernick give back the 12 million ,I can not see it ,Broncos are not going to sign him,I think the Jets should sign him ,he is better than Fitz for the same money  

I can think of one very good reason. If he does, then Denver will definitely grab and start him. If he does well in 2016 for them, and they repeat as SB winners with him at the helm, then he's far more likely to see his 2017-and-beyond dollars than if he has another meh (or worse) season for a 5-6 win 49ers team. If he refuses a pay cut, then he's going to have to hope for the same Denver-level glory while playing for the 49ers (who have an incentive to bench him for someone else if he starts to falter).

As of today, there isn't a team in the league that would pick up his 2017 salary. With another non-winner season he might not even be able to get $7M in 2017 (never mind $17M). Doing whatever it takes to ensure starting for Denver could change all that, and in the long run could make him much more than playing hardball.

Then again, if he takes the pay cut and is still so bad he gets benched for Sanchez, then yes all he did was cost himself $5M he'll never make up later.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I can think of one very good reason. If he does, then Denver will definitely grab and start him. If he does well in 2016 for them, and they repeat as SB winners with him at the helm, then he's far more likely to see his 2017-and-beyond dollars than if he has another meh (or worse) season for a 5-6 win 49ers team. If he refuses a pay cut, then he's going to have to hope for the same Denver-level glory while playing for the 49ers (who have an incentive to bench him for someone else if he starts to falter).

As of today, there isn't a team in the league that would pick up his 2017 salary. With another non-winner season he might not even be able to get $7M in 2017 (never mind $17M). Doing whatever it takes to ensure starting for Denver could change all that, and in the long run could make him much more than playing hardball.

Then again, if he takes the pay cut and is still so bad he gets benched for Sanchez, then yes all he did was cost himself $5M he'll never make up later.

He should take the cut. He'd be a fool to turn down a chance to play for Denver who are at least placing some faith in him. He has a chance to redeem his career and  get out of the doghouse the 49'ers put him in.  If he thinks he's so good, prove it. 

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Another reason is that his contract includes a de-escalator clause that cuts the contract by $2MM if he is not named to 1st or 2nd All-Pro or fails to take his team to the title with 80% play during the season and postseason. Very little chance that happens if he is going to be benched in SF. Decent chance of getting named all-pro surrounded with talent in DEN so that $4.9MM cut could really be just $2.9MM.

But all of this relies on the assumption that Kaepernick will play well in DEN but for whatever reason would not play so well in SF (particularly considering the coach in SF) and that he will necessarily prevail in the pocket passer offense in DEN. If he's uncertain about his abilities then he might as well keep the $4.9MM this year and learn to ride the pine as a backup QB for the rest of his career.

On April 2, 2016 at 1:17 PM, Maxman said:

I would love if the Jets traded for Kap.

For those with poor memories, Kap embarrassed the Jets a few years back. He's an exceptional athlete and still young and developing.  Harbaugh leaving was devasting for  Kap.  That moron who replaced him set him back and he wasn't 100% healthy.  So last year was a total write off. He was made a scapegoat by 49er brass. No way he returns there - no way. 

1 minute ago, Powpow said:

For those with poor memories, Kap embarrassed the Jets a few years back. He's an exceptional athlete and still young and developing.  Harbaugh leaving was devasting for  Kap.  That moron who replaced him set him back and he wasn't 100% healthy.  So last year was a total write off. He was made a scapegoat by 49er brass. No way he returns there - no way. 

It really comes down to what Chan Gailey thinks honestly. But Fitzpatrick better hope for $15 minimum wage because he is losing leverage by the minute.

5 hours ago, Powpow said:

Now my memory isn't so great but I did go back and check. You mean to say Kap embarrassed us by running for 50 yards and a touchdown during garbage time after we had already given the game up due to the 3 fumbles and interception we turned over which made the game essentially unwinnable for us right? because in that game Alex Smith started and Kap had 0 completions for 1 attempt...if those are your standards for what a good QB looks like you must have been heartbroken when we let Tebow and Vick walk.

6 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Now my memory isn't so great but I did go back and check. You mean to say Kap embarrassed us by running for 50 yards and a touchdown during garbage time after we had already given the game up due to the 3 fumbles and interception we turned over which made the game essentially unwinnable for us right? because in that game Alex Smith started and Kap had 0 completions for 1 attempt...if those are your standards for what a good QB looks like you must have been heartbroken when we let Tebow and Vick walk.

I know what my standards for what a good post are.  Tebow Tebow Tebow!!!

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

It really comes down to what Chan Gailey thinks honestly. But Fitzpatrick better hope for $15 minimum wage because he is losing leverage by the minute.

Maybe this whole exercise is just due to Fitz having foggy memory of skimming the headline of a news article he didn't read, then he saw Osweiller/Bradford deals.

He puts 2 and 2 together and figured there's a $15million minimum wage for QBs.

On April 2, 2016 at 2:36 PM, FidelioJet said:

Keep would be a major upgrade over anything we have and anything we can bring in. 

Have you seen Kaep play last 2 seasons?

He will be ok in Denver because their defense is so good they just need a game manager qb 

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

Have you seen Kaep play last 2 seasons?

He will be ok in Denver because their defense is so good they just need a game manager qb 

I cant understand why some are not capable of understanding why -his team lost key guys all over the place and the coaching situation was AWFUL-his former coach LOVES and said anybody want to know about Kap to call him-Elway has loved him since day one-did you not see Kap when he actually had a team around him and a good coach?

He will be fantastic and dumb jet fans will say mmm I guess he was pretty good after all

one thing is certain the upside with Kap is WAY BETTER than Fitz who has a worse arm, is slower, is older and crumbles in big games-Kap played GREAT in the post season even when they lost in the superbowl he almost brought them back

Sanchez gathers Broncos in California 

Posted by Mike Florio on April 4, 2016, 5:33 AM EDT

As the Broncos pursue a quarterback who currently plays in California, a quarterback from California is gathering the team’s receivers there.

Mike Klis of 9News.com reports that Mark Sanchez will hold a passing camp on Tuesday and Wednesday in Orange County. Attending will be receivers, tight ends, running backs, and quarterback Trever Siemian.

“It shows he wants to come in and get to know us before OTAs start,” Broncos receiver Bennie Fowler told Klis. “I think it’s really good. It’s going to help us get off to a good start. . . .

“He’s taken the Jets to two AFC Championship Games, he’s been in the league for a long time. He’s a good player.  This will be a good situation.”

Siemian, who could end up competing with Sanchez for the starting job if the Kaepernick deal doesn’t happen, praised the guy who wants to keep the former seventh-round pick from Northwestern on the bench.

“It’ll be nice to get some work in,” Siemian told Klis. “Mark set this whole thing up.  He’s a good dude from everything I’ve been hearing.”

Siemian knows that, when it’s time to go to training camp, he’ll be competing with more than Sanchez.

“From a distance I figured we’ll probably add somebody,” Siemian said. “And we’ll probably draft somebody. I’ll be ready to have four guys when we go to training camp.’’

The Broncos may be digging in on their position as to Colin Kaepernick because they believe in Sanchez. He has started six career playoff games, and he’s never had a collection of weapons or an overall defense as good as the one he’ll have in Denver.

Consider this: When Sanchez started eight games in 2014 for the Eagles, he completed 64.1 percent of his passes, averaged 7.8 yards per throw, threw 14 touchdown passes against 11 interceptions, and generated a passer rating of 88.4. In seven starts last season with the Broncos, Brock Osweiler completed 61.8 percent of his throws, averaged 7.2 yards per attempt, had 10 touchdown passes and six interceptions, and racked up a passer rating of 86.4.

And in eight starts last season, Kaepernick completed 59.0 percent of his passes, with an average of 6.6 per attempt, six touchdown passes, five interceptions, and a 78.5 rating.

So maybe Sanchez is the answer. Maybe Sanchez will win the job even if Kaepernick joins the team. Maybe, with Sanchez having the best offensive coaching staff and best team around him that he’s ever had, the Broncos can reset the top two spots on the depth chart at quarterback and contend again in 2016.

26 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I cant understand why some are not capable of understanding why -his team lost key guys all over the place and the coaching situation was AWFUL-his former coach LOVES and said anybody want to know about Kap to call him-Elway has loved him since day one-did you not see Kap when he actually had a team around him and a good coach?

He will be fantastic and dumb jet fans will say mmm I guess he was pretty good after all

one thing is certain the upside with Kap is WAY BETTER than Fitz who has a worse arm, is slower, is older and crumbles in big games-Kap played GREAT in the post season even when they lost in the superbowl he almost brought them back

You keep saying Elway loves him. If Elway really did love him, he wouldn't be forcing him to take a pay cut to consummate a deal. He likes him, sure, but he's also clearly willing to walk away from this trade. 

17 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Really I'd sooner draft Lynch. He's a poor mans Cam Newton. He can run but not play QB like Cam.

Lets draft one, and not spend money on a player who was benched for Blaine Gabbert. If he was any good, would the 9ers let him go?

Denver won a Super Bowl with a broken QB, and no Offence. They don't need a Super Star to Win at QB. 

The Jets aren't Denver, we had a great year, but we are definatly in transition. 

Benched for Blaine Gabbert.  Let that sink in.

20 minutes ago, slats said:

You keep saying Elway loves him. If Elway really did love him, he wouldn't be forcing him to take a pay cut to consummate a deal. He likes him, sure, but he's also clearly willing to walk away from this trade. 

because elway is a genius- he knows Kap wants out of San Fran and Denver is a great spot for him-he is walking away from nothing-he will be a bronco 1000%

14 minutes ago, peebag said:

Benched for Blaine Gabbert.  Let that sink in.

sure by a clueless coach after half of the team was gone

I can also say 400+ yards and 4tds in a playoff win-trip to superbowl-great post season perfomance

ask his former coach his thoughts of him

On 4/3/2016 at 1:44 AM, johnnysd said:

Kapernick sucks. He has literally fallen off of a cliff in performance as the NFL has essentially figured him out, and he is not a good pcoket passer and also has zero touch. The team dumb enough to sign him will discover that he will continue his slide of suck. 

Most underrated post in here!

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

sure by a clueless coach after half of the team was gone

I can also say 400+ yards and 4tds in a playoff win-trip to superbowl-great post season perfomance

ask his former coach his thoughts of him

You can say practically the same thing about Sanchez. 

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

You people are lost.  Kap looked like a glorified Geno last 2 seasons and was a big reason his team sucked.

He's inaccurate, has no touch on his passes he tries to rifle in everything, he isn't capable of going through progressiins and he won't have Harbaugh micromanaging him here.

On April 2, 2016 at 5:23 PM, kmnj said:

Yes u know more then elway who always has been a kap fan - how many rings u got ?

Let Elway love him.  The Broncos are all about defense they won a super bowl with a noodle arm 40 year old qb they could go 11-5 next season with Ryan Leaf as their starting qb

last I checked Von Miller wasn't on our roster

Archived