elway knows the deal

kmnj

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

Let Elway love him.  The Broncos are all about defense they won a super bowl with a noodle arm 40 year old qb they could go 11-5 next season with Ryan Leaf as their starting qb

last I checked Von Miller wasn't on our roster

but yet elway wants no part of FITZ

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

but yet elway wants no part of FITZ

Incorrect.  He wants no part of Fitz at the price Fitz wants.  Much like the Jets are outright refusing to do the same.

If the Kaep deal falls through and Fitz were to come down on his pricetag to somewhere in the 7-$9M per year range, you'd see the Broncos reenter the Fitz sweepstakes.

15 minutes ago, kmnj said:

sanchez went the superbowl and sanchez had massive yardage and td totals?

Sanchez saw the talent around him evaporate, had great postseason numbers and his former coach (Rex) thinks highly of him. All the things you said about Kaepernick.

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Incorrect.  He wants no part of Fitz at the price Fitz wants.  Much like the Jets are outright refusing to do the same.

If the Kaep deal falls through and Fitz were to come down on his pricetag to somewhere in the 7-$9M per year range, you'd see the Broncos reenter the Fitz sweepstakes.

I'd imagine after the problems that arose with Manning's injuries and subsequent retirement that Elway is probably not particularly thrilled to bring in more QBs on the backend of their careers. Fitz probably has to take a deep discount to get on Elway's radar. 

13 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

I'd imagine after the problems that arose with Manning's injuries and subsequent retirement that Elway is probably not particularly thrilled to bring in more QBs on the backend of their careers. Fitz probably has to take a deep discount to get on Elway's radar. 

Definitely not an ideal choice.  But when you have a late draft pick and a great roster, sometimes you just need "a guy" for a year.  Fitzpatrick is 33; that's not ancient.  He's also not really a "reclamation project" like Kaep.  Even Kaep will come relatively inexpensive as is (Niners will be eating about 40 % of his 2016 cap hit), but Elway wants him even cheaper than that. 

If Kaep refuses, Fitz is their only option if they don't want to throw  a rookie or Mark Sanchez under center to drive that Ferrari. 

3 hours ago, drdetroit said:

You people are lost.  Kap looked like a glorified Geno last 2 seasons and was a big reason his team sucked.

He's inaccurate, has no touch on his passes he tries to rifle in everything, he isn't capable of going through progressiins and he won't have Harbaugh micromanaging him here.

I actually think I'd rather have geno than kap. And that is saying something g 

Archived