Muhammad Wilkerson Windy City Bound?

JetNation

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You are a strange person.

I'm just a man being hammered down by reality here. Garaunteed money is like the last thing anyone would mention over the course of weeks and months of contract arguments. You really got me, I can't deny the power of something that big and revealing. I don't even know what I was thinking, it's hard to imagine anyone even knowing what that is. 

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SenorGato said:

I'm just a man being hammered down by reality here. Garaunteed money is like the last thing anyone would mention over the course of weeks and months of contract arguments. You really got me, I can't deny the power of something that big and revealing. I don't even know what I was thinking, it's hard to imagine anyone even knowing what that is. 

18 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

And there was no "guaranteed money" debate for weeks on end prior to trading Revis. 

No doubt about it. Nobody ever even heard of no garaunteed money 'round these here parts. I already said I can't deny the hammer you've dropped, it's pretty dang undeniable. 

16 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm just a man being hammered down by reality here. Garaunteed money is like the last thing anyone would mention over the course of weeks and months of contract arguments. You really got me, I can't deny the power of something that big and revealing. I don't even know what I was thinking, it's hard to imagine anyone even knowing what garaunteed money even is or it's relevance in such a topic. 

http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/109955-revis-cap-situation/?page=2

@SenorGato here was the first thread that I found in my search, of you deluding yourself all over the place that Revis wasn't seeking $16M/year. Funny, no talk of "guaranteed" money. Just the $ per year amount. I must be hallucinating. 

Then there were other random posts like this one:

On 3/15/2013 at 1:09 PM, SenorGato said:

I think the only people on the planet who take 16 million seriously all post on this board.

Surely you were referring to $16M guaranteed money back then, and not an annual salary or average amount.

lol

You were 100% wrong back then, and are just as wrong now if you think Mo is truly seeking less per annum than the franchise tag amount (after making a combined $8M for the past 2 seasons while shouldering all the injury risk himself from year to year, and after seeing Olivier Vernon sign for $17M/year across town). Fat chance. And I don't blame him a bit. I'd want all that if I were him as well, if even one team is willing to pay it.

But that doesn't mean Mo is really seeking $12-13M/year now any more than Revis was back then. If he was near that range there's a good chance we'd have locked him up by now. They did try to last spring.

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yes. Yes it took me this long.

Suffice to say, The Imitation Game was not about me.

ok code breaking might not be your thing. dyslexia maybe?  no. that cant be right either, you would have noticed sooner.ahh, your a mod. you got connections

It's a tragedy for a  football fan, that you can't keep a good defensive line intact. Gone are the days of the Purple People Eaters and Sack Exchange. We had a stud DL, and we already lost Snacks and are about to lose Mo. It's like losing Abdul Salaam and Klecko from the Sack Exchange, before they can even get rolling. Is that why we drafted our great Defensive end from college last year, just to replace Mo?  What have we gained? Got a new stud defensive lineman, but lost two .. Which laundry am I rooting for, anyway?

10 minutes ago, ylekram said:

ok code breaking might not be your thing. dyslexia maybe?  no. that cant be right either, you would have noticed sooner.ahh, your a mod. you got connections

Or could be I just never looked closely enough because I long ago gave up deciphering enough nonsensical screen names and email addresses (not just on JN). Also keep in mind I'm not exactly in my 20s anymore and assume a lot of these things are current pop culture references I'll never get, so I don't try.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

@SenorGato here was the first thread that I found in my search, of you deluding yourself all over the place that Revis wasn't seeking $16M/year. Funny, no talk of "guaranteed" money. Just the $ per year amount. I must be hallucinating. 

Then there were other random posts like this one:

Surely you were referring to $16M guaranteed money back then, and not an annual salary or average amount.

lol

You were 100% wrong back then, and are just as wrong now if you think Mo is truly seeking less per annum than the franchise tag amount (after making a combined $8M for the past 2 seasons while shouldering all the injury risk himself from year to year, and after seeing Olivier Vernon sign for $17M/year across town). Fat chance. And I don't blame him a bit. I'd want all that if I were him as well, if even one team is willing to pay it.

But that doesn't mean Mo is really seeking $12-13M/year now any more than Revis was back then. If he was near that range there's a good chance we'd have locked him up by now. They did try to last spring.

1) ROTFL @ taking the time do this, not strange at all.

2) Still no - the Revis topic went much further than one thread not even three pages long. Sorry buddy. Congrats on finding something THO. As I've said, more like 10% wrong in the sense that I was a couple million off in salary for one year. Wooooe

9 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Look Revis had 39 mil and now it's down to 23 because he played a year on his deal. I don't mind being proved wrong and many times I've been wrong. But not this time. Jenkins is just starting his deal so he has 28. But the Revis contract is larger than the Jenkins deal. And per season doesn't matter if the money is not guaranteed. 

You're not even arguing your original point.

Don't sweat it.

5 hours ago, SenorGato said:

1) ROTFL @ taking the time do this, not strange at all.

2) Still no - the Revis topic went much further than one thread not even three pages long. Sorry buddy. Congrats on finding something THO. As I've said, more like 10% wrong in the sense that I was a couple million off in salary for one year. Wooooe

I accept your apology and admission of being wrong as usual.

At least you realize the futility of bringing back Brick. 

:) 

13 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I honestly don't even want to give them our first. Their first should compensate for Mo. I want #11 overall and a 4th just like we got for Revis.

Revis was a 4 time Pro Bowler and a 3 time All Pro when we got that from the Buc's,1 Pro Bowl Mo isn't considered one of the best of all time except by a few delusional Jet fans..:)

34 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I accept your apology and admission of being wrong as usual.

Boy, for a guy all about not being strange and living in reality, you sure do come off delusional and desperate. I guess you need the scraps and this is some kind of massive, rare victory in some sense for you, so sure enjoy the 10%. It is OD for the Cubs and all, Sunday too, so nothing wrong with doing a good deed and allowing you to believe in yourself. 

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You're not even arguing your original point.

Don't sweat it.

Look NEP gave Revis a two year 32 million deal. But only the first year was guaranteed at 12 mil. And then they released him in year 2. So all he really got was the 12 mil. And DR is due 16 mil for 2016 but only 7 mil (guaranteed) for 2017. His contract is 5 years 70 mil which is 14 mil per season but he's not going to make that much. They will renegotiate or cut him. Either are other players who have big number contracts which if honored would give them those per year figures. So if you're saying a guy gets 16 per season what did he actually get per year during his entire time with the team. This is why players don't want the franchise tag. Even though it gives them  huge money on an annual basis. It doesn't provide them the long term security they want in case of injury or declining performance. So that's my point. That guaranteed money is the number you look at when comparing contracts.

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look NEP gave Revis a two year 32 million deal. But only the first year was guaranteed at 12 mil. And then they released him in year 2. So all he really got was the 12 mil. And DR is due 16 mil for 2016 but only 7 mil (guaranteed) for 2017. His contract is 5 years 70 mil which is 14 mil per season but he's not going to make that much. They will renegotiate or cut him. Either are other players who have big number contracts which if honored would give them those per year figures. So if you're saying a guy gets 16 per season what did he actually get per year during his entire time with the team. This is why players don't want the franchise tag. Even though it gives them  huge money on an annual basis. It doesn't provide them the long term security they want in case of injury or declining performance. So that's my point. That guaranteed money is the number you look at when comparing contracts.

If your boss gave you a contract to pay you 15 million for your services for the next year, and you wouldn't consider that long term security. you and I must live in a different place.

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

19 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Boy, for a guy all about not being strange and living in reality, you sure do come off delusional and desperate. I guess you need the scraps and this is some kind of massive, rare victory in some sense for you, so sure enjoy the 10%. It is OD for the Cubs and all, Sunday too, so nothing wrong with doing a good deed and allowing you to believe in yourself. 

It is reality. I literally don't know what you're talking about anymore. 

You were wrong about the money Revis was seeking, you're wrong about the money Mo is seeking, and were further wrong about what you made up as the Revis discussion back then (how much he wanted per season, as the reason to trade him in an obvious throwaway 2013 season). 

9 minutes ago, section314 said:

If your boss gave you a contract to pay you 15 million for your services for the next year, and you wouldn't consider that long term security. you and I must live in a different place.

Look we're talking about another stratosphere here financially not about us. They look at what the owners are making (billions) and want their share of the pie. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look we're talking about another stratosphere here financially not about us. They look at what the owners are making (billions) and want their share of the pie. 

I hear you, but 15mill is a pretty good starting point.:D

45 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It is reality. I literally don't know what you're talking about anymore. 

You were wrong about the money Revis was seeking, you're wrong about the money Mo is seeking, and were further wrong about what you made up as the Revis discussion back then (how much he wanted per season, as the reason to trade him in an obvious throwaway 2013 season). 

Just take the 10% from three years ago and move on. If I were actually wrong about Revis beyond a couple million for one season (non-garaunteed), I would gladly admit to all of it as I've done the plenty of times I have actually completely swung and missed. I understand that it means alot to you, an ultra rare non-zero, and that's definitely not strange. Merry Opening Day from me to you

If the Bears give us the 11th overall pick and an additional 3rd for Mo and #20 I think you have to do it. You can then also cut Brick or Breno and draft the best available tackle at #11. LB or DE in rd 2.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Again, you're not even arguing your original point. I know how guaranteed money works. I also know that 2015 payouts have been made. Revis made a hair more than his peers. This money is in the bank for them.

You are arguing about guaranteed money to try and save face for being wrong initially.

you can keep going, but there isn't  much point to it...

7 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Or could be I just never looked closely enough because I long ago gave up deciphering enough nonsensical screen names and email addresses (not just on JN). Also keep in mind I'm not exactly in my 20s anymore and assume a lot of these things are current pop culture references I'll never get, so I don't try.

back in the day, my wife told me to stop living in the dark ages and she went out and bought me a laptop. man, it was the greatest thing and i started to finally understand. until all this great sh*t needed user id's and passwords. if figured to myself, "im a cool guy. i am gonna have the coolest handles and passwords". i think i was trying to sign up for ebay. had all these cool id's lined up. one after the other,after the other, they all were taken by someone else.. i spent about an hour trying to find an id that would work. finally,frustated, i said "ill bet nobody has this one". and it worked. so i just stuck with it

If an NFL player tells another player he just got a $100 mil deal the first thing the other player would say to him is: how much is guaranteed. If he said 5 mil the guy would laugh at him. The Revis contract is way over market and no CB is even close to that 39 figure. You figure per season not based on one year when they might received the bulk of their money but on the time they were there. If they made a total 20 mil over 4 years then their real per season was 5 even if they got 10 the first year. One thing I did find out that  before I didn't realize is that in terms of Cbs none of them including Revis are actually making 16 per season. 

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If an NFL player tells another player he just got a $100 mil deal the first thing the other player would say to him is: how much is guaranteed. If he said 5 mil the guy would laugh at him. The Revis contract is way over market and no CB is even close to that 39 figure. You figure per season not based on one year when they might received the bulk of their money but on the time they were there. If they made a total 20 mil over 4 years then their real per season was 5 even if they got 10 the first year. One thing I did find out that  before I didn't realize is that in terms of Cbs none of them including Revis are actually making 16 per season. 

However I think this is the last season he's fully guaranteed.  Next season he may have enough left-over guaranteed to mean he's extremely secure, but I don't mind it anyway.  He's still a great player and presence on the team (so long as he's not sharing contract advice).

I hope there will be a restructure/extension coming in 2017 or '18.  To lower his annual hit and hopefully have him retiring a Jet.

Just now, Mike135 said:

However I think this is the last season he's fully guaranteed.  Next season he may have enough left-over guaranteed to mean he's extremely secure, but I don't mind it anyway.  He's still a great player and presence on the team (so long as he's not sharing contract advice).

I hope there will be a restructure/extension coming in 2017 or '18.  To lower his annual hit and hopefully have him retiring a Jet.

Next year he has 7 mil left of guaranteed money. If the Jets cut him rather than pay the entire 13 due for 2017 Revis gets that 7 million. So maybe they'll at that time redo the contract. Now as I remember with Sanchez when the Jets cut him in 2014 he got something like 4 million based on that controversial restructured contract given to him by Tannenbaum. If the Jets had kept him he would have received 8 million. 

Archived