Muhammad Wilkerson Windy City Bound?

JetNation

46 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The Revis contract is way over market and no CB is even close to that 39 figure. 

Most likely not....No CB in Revis' range has actually ever hit the open market and won't until the end of the decade. There's some pretty big deals in the CB world considering the best non-Revis to hit FA in recent years has been the talented but inconsistent Jenkins. sh*t, look what Peterson and Joe Haden got without even kinda sorta threatening to hit FA. CB's a big money position, the next top guy to actually hit the open market will add further context to the Revis deal by topping it pretty easily and handily.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any word on Sheldon's possible suspension lately or when we may hear?

This time of year blows.  So many open (potentially season altering) questions with really no time line as to when they'll be answered.

1. Qb?

2. What happens with Wilk and Brick?

3. Sheldon's potential suspension?

Season ticket payments are being made.  Think the Jets would want some of this stuff decided.

At least our available cap is at a point where something has to happen soon, I hope.

5 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Any word on Sheldon's possible suspension lately or when we may hear?

This time of year blows.  So many open (potentially season altering) questions with really no time line as to when they'll be answered.

1. Qb?

2. What happens with Wilk and Brick?

3. Sheldon's potential suspension?

Season ticket payments are being made.  Think the Jets would want some of this stuff decided.

At least our available cap is at a point where something has to happen soon, I hope.

1. jets sign fitz and draft lynch

2. mo wont be a jet come draft time. brick aint going anywhere this year

3. sheldon is not getting suspended for a glorified traffic ticket. if they do suspend him, it will be for  withholding information, 1 or 2 games at the most

4 minutes ago, ylekram said:

3. sheldon is not getting suspended for a glorified traffic ticket. if they do suspend him, it will be for  withholding information, 1 or 2 games at the most

1. Ha, we'll see about the details.  I'd just like it resolved soon.
  2. Mo gone?  Yeah I'd imagine.  Brick?  I was hoping a restructure was going to happen.  We have 500k in cap so something has to happen here soon.
  3. Hope you're right.  But how freakin' long does it take to give their "ruling"?  Don't think they're waiting on anything from court/Jets/Sheldon.

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:
  1. Ha, we'll see about the details.  I'd just like it resolved soon.
  2. Mo gone?  Yeah I'd imagine.  Brick?  I was hoping a restructure was going to happen.  We have 500k in cap so something has to happen here soon.
  3. Hope you're right.  But how freakin' long does it take to give their "ruling"?  Don't think they're waiting on anything from court/Jets/Sheldon.

1. i think it will resolve itself soon. especially if the keap trade goes thru

2. havnt heard alot about brick restructuring, but the way the fo was talking, sounds like its in the works

3. thats why i think nothing is going to happen. if there was, you would think we would have heard sommething by now. also, considering they are trying to trade mo, gotta think the jets would atleast have an educated guess by now

Glorified traffic ticket????

He was evading the police going 135MPH with a gun and child in the car.

Goodell will hammer him with a suspension.

30 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I say trade Mo for Cutler. Straight up.restructure d brink's salary.

Then our "win now" team really will be a force to reckon with.

Cutler has never had a 30 td season and has a 67-67 record as a starter..Sanchez has a better winning percentage..

2 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Gun is legal in his state and he wasn't charged with child endangerment..

5 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Why would you even care?  Worry about your Patsies

2 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Do you think any of that will factor into Goodell's decision?

He can do whatever he wants to do.

He can attempt to do. This is why the Brady appeal is so important to the NFL. Any suspension will be met with an appeal and brought down from there. The Brady appeal has little to do with him per say but with the NFL to implement penalties for conduct outside the playing field. 

31 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

keep dreaming. what richardson was charged with is a glorified speeding ticket, regardless of other accusations

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

If an NFL player tells another player he just got a $100 mil deal the first thing the other player would say to him is: how much is guaranteed. If he said 5 mil the guy would laugh at him. The Revis contract is way over market and no CB is even close to that 39 figure. You figure per season not based on one year when they might received the bulk of their money but on the time they were there. If they made a total 20 mil over 4 years then their real per season was 5 even if they got 10 the first year. One thing I did find out that  before I didn't realize is that in terms of Cbs none of them including Revis are actually making 16 per season. 

Presumably you realize that not all guaranteed money is the same.  If we had given him a big signing bonus, or guaranteed the *end* of the contract, that would be a big albatross.  But when you guarantee the first 2 or 3 years, that's not the same thing.  The first few years of his contract, he's only earning guaranteed money.  His cap charge and his cash payments are the same.  The bad contracts have big signing bonuses.

For Revis' contract, looking at his annual salary is fair / accurate.  For many other contracts, the annual salary doesn't tell the whole story.

17 hours ago, First_Blood said:

I am a noob here, but I will post this anyway.

Muhammad Wilkerson is not JJ Watt. But, he is easily a top 3 if not top 5 defensive end in this league right now. The Jets are idiots for not resigning him. He's been nothing but class his time here... A true leader for this defense. He never held out like Mevis. It just disgusts me that people are complaining about overpaying to resign Mo, but Revis is the highest paid player on the team AND HE IS 30. 30. Wilkerson is 27, and is maybe behind Watt and maybe another player or 2. The guy is a top 5 defensive end in football and the Jets cannot afford to resign him.

Resigning Revis to that magnitude of a contract is hurting us. Along with Skrine, Harris, and Gilchrist deals.

I know I am not a seasoned poster on here but still. It was wrong giving Revis that contract in the first place, because he was not the same damn Revis we had 4 years ago.

They couldn't sign Mo, they had to pay for Revis's bloated contract 

30 minutes ago, Lego My Lageman said:

Trade Mo for the 1st and 3rd, use the third to get Glennon. Draft bpa.......and there you go. 15mil in space open and a QB that doesnt break the bank. Doesnt get much better than that!!!!

That's what I'm thinking too. Use the 1st perhaps on a LT ( Stanley ? ) who could be plugged in for Brick , use our 20th on a DT , cut Brick or at least renegotiate his contract and there's even more cap space.

So, trade Wilkerson. I get the economics of the NFL, but the Jets want to go from a dominant defensive line with depth, to an average defensive line with little quality depth while at the same time having a mediocre linebacking corps?

Sounds like a recipe for great success (Borat voice).

They should franchise him again at the least so the defensive doesn't wind up as a large turd. Having a nice secondary where they run all sorts of "packages" is only good when you can stop the run and pressure the QB. Losing Harrison AND Wilkerson, while Richardson and Williams are good, don't see that happening as much. And they didn't pressure the QB all that much last year as it was.

19 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Presumably you realize that not all guaranteed money is the same.  If we had given him a big signing bonus, or guaranteed the *end* of the contract, that would be a big albatross.  But when you guarantee the first 2 or 3 years, that's not the same thing.  The first few years of his contract, he's only earning guaranteed money.  His cap charge and his cash payments are the same.  The bad contracts have big signing bonuses.

For Revis' contract, looking at his annual salary is fair / accurate.  For many other contracts, the annual salary doesn't tell the whole story.

He is due with a 2 mil bonus 15.3 in 2017. If the Jets were to cut him they pay him off with 7. Of course they could restructure the deal. No matter what he gets at least 39. It could be 39 for only 2 seasons or 70 for 5 seasons. The Jets might just prefer paying him only 39 instead of 70. A lot of teams end up doing that esp if a player regresses or won't restructure. So the longer he stays with the Jets the less per season he makes. But the important figure to the players is how much total they earn. The bonuses aren't guaranteed money. 

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

So, now you ... a Pats fan ... thinks Goodell doling out punishment is warranted?

el oh el

This dude thinks we could trade Mo for #11 straightup, and maybe Jets even get more... I think he's over-stressing the point here, but could you imagine having the #11 and #20?

I read earlier that a lot of evaluators only believe there are 15-18 true first round talents in this draft.

More...

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This dude thinks we could trade Mo for #11 straightup, and maybe Jets even get more... I think he's over-stressing the point here, but could you imagine having the #11 and #20?

I read earlier that a lot of evaluators only believe there are 15-18 true first round talents in this draft.

More...

He's absolutely right, revis was 27 coming off a major knee injury and we got a first and a 3rd. The idea is to add more talent to the team, not give away a star player in his prime 

Just now, cant wait said:

He's absolutely right, revis was 27 coming off a major knee injury and we got a first and a 3rd. The idea is to add more talent to the team, not give away a star player in his prime 

Hey, I'm with you... I've been on the "he's worth the value of a 1st" end of this all along. Hope it pans out.

1 hour ago, jetguy32 said:

Trade for Wilkerson for Cutler. Restructure Cutler. Draft pass rusher and RG. Superbowl 2017. 

Cutler ? Seriously ? He's nothing more than a interception prone whiner, he proved that when Denver drafted Tebow. I would NEVER want him in green and white.

Archived