The 2016 Red Sox anywhere from first to worst thread.

PFSIKH

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 3:56 AM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Back in 1st place. Despite Pomeranz' debut being terrible. 

And its gone.

I wonder what algorithm came up with the Sox' schedule.  After the Detroit series, they will have played 19 more home games than road games.  We will see if the Sox are pretenders or contenders as they go into the playoff stretch with a road dominant schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

Red Sox manager John Farrell said the team is considering moving Mookie Betts out of the leadoff spot.

Betts has been Boston's leadoff hitter for all but three games this season but his power might be better utilized in the No. 3 spot. If Betts does move to third, the Red Sox would likely have Dustin Pedroia hit leadoff while shifting Xander Bogaerts to the No. 2 spot in the lineup. Betts has emerged as a legitimate MVP candidate, hitting .309 with 23 HR, 73 RBI and 17 steals over 106 games this season.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It's September and the Sox are tied for first. Not bad at all. Going to be a wild last month of the season. 

IMO the best team in the AL. Somewhat of a shame the Rangers and their puny little girly man run differential has the best record. OTOH, I doubt we see the Red Sox pull off a .320+ BABIP as a team again anytime soon, so hopefully they take full advantage. The rotation is plenty talented if they can actually all get their acts together.

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 9:05 AM, SenorGato said:

IMO the best team in the AL. Somewhat of a shame the Rangers and their puny little girly man run differential has the best record. OTOH, I doubt we see the Red Sox pull off a .320+ BABIP as a team again anytime soon, so hopefully they take full advantage. The rotation is plenty talented if they can actually all get their acts together.

Unfortunately, the Red Sox are the antithesis of consistent.  They should lead the division by several games as their starting pitching has been real good since the all-star break.  However, there bats disappear like they did the past two games (1 run) after scoring 27 runs the previous two games.  Or their bullpen implodes.

• 3 weeks later...

Ten wins in a row!  Makes me happy to be from New England. Pedroia's Grand Slam was awsome and inspiring and on top of it him escaping the tag at home plate to score the winning run. I don't forget the decades of mediocrity we had here in New England. I predict Red Sox  & Cubs World Series.

On 9/22/2016 at 6:30 AM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Magic number for playoffs is 4, division is 6. They're rolling and getting hot at the right time. Even Buchholz looks good!

It has been a good ride considering how listless they looked at the end of July and were facing a road heavy schedule.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 0:32 PM, Maine Coon Cat said:

Ten wins in a row!  Makes me happy to be from New England. Pedroia's Grand Slam was awsome and inspiring and on top of it him escaping the tag at home plate to score the winning run. I don't forget the decades of mediocrity we had here in New England. I predict Red Sox  & Cubs World Series.

Congrats on division.  I am hoping for and looking forward to a RSox  - Rangers ALCS.

Archived