Sign-ups! Might be Harry Potter if everyone is cool with it.

Leelou

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

I go with Margherita pizza when i eat it

yup, me too... but for us lactose intolerant folks... the rule of thumb I've been told is "the softer the cheese the more lactose", so fresh mozz is kind of a killer... that said, it's delicious.

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Coconut milk and water are two wholly different beasts.

I gave up milk over a decade ago, but don't really need a replacement for it. I gave it up because it killed my stomach, but I thought it was disgusting to begin with. So, I don't need a "replacement" for it. If I want cereal, these days I actually eat it with yogurt - because the cultures are good for the gut.

I drink coconut water for rehydration, specifically it has electrolytes and minerals in it that that piss Gatorade doesn't give you. Magnesium being key. Since you are regularly irregular, you may look into the benefits of magnesium supplementation. If you are more curious, the PM me.

Coconut, cashew and even almond milk make good milk replacements, just give yourself time to get used to it.

As for pizza, which I saw you mention elsewhere, there's no replacing it. Learn how to make your own pizza with veggies, meat and marinara and other toppings, to the point where it minimizes the need for cheese... OR learn exactly how much cheese you can get away with in one sitting. That's what I do. Pizza once a month. Lactose builds up in your body, so if you haven't had much in a month, then 1-2 slices of pizza isn't going to totally mess you up... don't get me wrong, it'll bother you, but it won't ruin the night. 

Cereal is usually my go-to breakfast because it's quick, easy, and light, which is good for the mornings when I'm not hungry and I need to force myself to eat. I don't like yogurt, so I don't think I could do that. Perhaps I'll look into the magnesium supplements, thanks for the ti;, if I have any questions I'll PM you. I might try coconut milk, but I don't think I can do almond milk, and perhaps not even cashew milk. I can't get used to the itching and it can get pretty bad. Last time I needed steroids to get rid of it. It's weird that it seems to take a month for it to start bothering me, though. I think every so often cheese is fine for me, and it'll typically only ruin my mornings.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Cereal is usually my go-to breakfast because it's quick, easy, and light, which is good for the mornings when I'm not hungry and I need to force myself to eat. I don't like yogurt, so I don't think I could do that. Perhaps I'll look into the magnesium supplements, thanks for the ti;, if I have any questions I'll PM you. I might try coconut milk, but I don't think I can do almond milk, and perhaps not even cashew milk. I can't get used to the itching and it can get pretty bad. Last time I needed steroids to get rid of it. It's weird that it seems to take a month for it to start bothering me, though. I think every so often cheese is fine for me, and it'll typically only ruin my mornings.

That might be part of your problem.

People with IBS have extra liquid in their digestive tract. So, if you are eating a big bowl of cereal, you may be starting your day off with dairy (which is an agitator) and a whole bunch of insoluble fiber. You need to learn the difference between insoluble and soluble fiber and the role it plays in regulating your gut. Soluble fiber, like oatmeal and bananas, will take longer to digest and move through your intestines, and will absorb more water as it goes through. Resulting in calmer, more regular bowels.

Insoluble fiber, like greens, veggies, and a lot of what you'll find in breakfast cereals does the opposite.

When I first learned about this, I used to look for cereals made by Kashi that actually listed the soluble and insoluble fibers separately. So I got an idea of who much they balanced out with each other.

Now, I start my day with a banana, oatmeal, and I'm full until 12-1PM, when I then eat a big salad (usually kale and/or spinach) and try to have brown rice, or roasted sweet potatoes or butternut squash mixed in with it. 

Check it out: http://www.webmd.com/diet/insoluble-soluble-fiber

This thread was fun until freaken spoot and ape started talking about their chronic diarrhea..

and seriously, right in the middle of leelou talking about nudes it's interspersed with two grown men in adult undergarments strategizing on ways to still stuff their fat faces without causing intestinal distress.

Gross. Go sh*t yourselves somewhere else or start eating veggies and stuff

1 minute ago, CTM said:

This thread was fun until freaken spoot and ape started talking about their chronic diarrhea..

and seriously, right in the middle of leelou talking about nudes it's interspersed with two grown men in adult undergarments strategizing on ways to still stuff their fat faces without causing intestinal distress.

CTM is on fire the past few days. The Mafia Steph Curry. I can't believe TrApe thinks they're equals.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

+ infinity

I was smiling and skimming when suddenly I see Almond Milk talk and the stupid Ape coming in with some half-assed IBS seminar.

I'm so going to kick everyones ass this game.

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

I rely on the rest of you to ask her more questions about that stuff... I need to breadcrumb that while the girls on the internet were talking about naked photos of themselves, I was talking about poop and healthy eating. You were married once. You should understand that... vaguely.

18 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Yup, each others. 

so anywho..

These are nude selfies?  Or are you actually taking each others nude pictures. Asking for a friend.

We should hide this from 80 somehow, I don't believe he's ever seen a naked women

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

+ infinity

I was smiling and skimming when suddenly I see Almond Milk talk and the stupid Ape coming in with some half-assed IBS seminar.

Can't wait to see the beating you hand out with those limp wrists.

9 minutes ago, CTM said:

so anywho..

These are nude selfies?  Or are you actually taking each others nude pictures. Asking for a friend.

We should hide this from 80 somehow, I don't believe he's ever seen a naked women

He hadn't, up until recently.

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

so anywho..

Selfies, but we get changed in front of each other with no problems. 

12 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

CTM is on fire the past few days. The Mafia Steph Curry. I can't believe TrApe thinks they're equals.

stemilt-bartlett-pear.png

@CTM will you just pat Brett on the head and tell him he did good already... he's trying so ******* hard. 

46 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

That might be part of your problem.

People with IBS have extra liquid in their digestive tract. So, if you are eating a big bowl of cereal, you may be starting your day off with dairy (which is an agitator) and a whole bunch of insoluble fiber. You need to learn the difference between insoluble and soluble fiber and the role it plays in regulating your gut. Soluble fiber, like oatmeal and bananas, will take longer to digest and move through your intestines, and will absorb more water as it goes through. Resulting in calmer, more regular bowels.

Insoluble fiber, like greens, veggies, and a lot of what you'll find in breakfast cereals does the opposite.

When I first learned about this, I used to look for cereals made by Kashi that actually listed the soluble and insoluble fibers separately. So I got an idea of who much they balanced out with each other.

Now, I start my day with a banana, oatmeal, and I'm full until 12-1PM, when I then eat a big salad (usually kale and/or spinach) and try to have brown rice, or roasted sweet potatoes or butternut squash mixed in with it. 

Check it out: http://www.webmd.com/diet/insoluble-soluble-fiber

That could be it. Perhaps that's why I didn't see that much of a difference when I just switched to almond milk. I love oatmeal, but I typically don't feel like taking the time to make it, and I don't want to eat that instant crap. I'll remember to compare the soluble and insoluble fibers, too. Thanks.

47 minutes ago, CTM said:

Yeah, and who was it that brought up that coconut water tastes like semen?

GFY, Dr. SleepyDose McJizz Breath.

52 minutes ago, CTM said:

Rather quickly too. One second Im reading about Leelou telling you about her and her friend comparing nudes and then I got a beaver and an Ape talking about their uncontrollable crapping.  We should take a collection and buy those two fecal degenerates each a porta-potty.

10 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

That could be it. Perhaps that's why I didn't see that much of a difference when I just switched to almond milk. I love oatmeal, but I typically don't feel like taking the time to make it, and I don't want to eat that instant crap. I'll remember to compare the soluble and insoluble fibers, too. Thanks.

Google: overnight oatmeal

Or, buy regular oats (not steel cut) that will cook in 1 minute in the microwave. I do this, but not with the instant.

56 minutes ago, Pac said:

+ infinity

In honor of your inglorious return, I will change my avatar.

brb

Archived