My 2016 mock

bealeb319

In my mock I have the Jets moving Wilkerson to the highest bidder, the reason they are the highest bidder is because they are a division rival the Miami Dolphins who give up #13 to acquire Mo. (I contemplated having us make a trade with the Texans to acquire their first and C.J. Fiedorowicz who I think would slip into the role we used Enunwa in nicely but I cant see them clearing enough cap space).

First Round

#13 Paxton Lynch QB Memphis.  Lynch may have fallen to us at 20 and he might need a year or two to develop but he does have the potential to be a great NFL QB. He had a good pro day so his stock might be rising quickly with the draft coming up and if we send Wilkerson to a division rival it has to be to take a shot at a QB who our front office and coaching staff believe in.

#20 Eli Apple CB Ohio State.  I am sure most of the fan base would like to see us take either an OLB or an OT here but if Apple falls to us at #20 he would not only be a steal but he would fill a pretty big need for us as well.

Second Round

#51 Jason Spriggs OT Indiana. Spriggs is not my favorite tackle in the draft but at #51 he is worth taking the chance on in hopes that he can learn behind Brick and give us a chance to free up cap space in 2017. He is projected to go at the end of the first round - mid second but I think Taylor Decker will fall into the second round pushing Spriggs down just enough to give us a value pick at a position of need.

Third Round

#83 Deion Jones OLB LSU.  I am having a hard time finding any negatives on this kid the worst things I have seen written are that he is slightly under sized and doesn't have much experience as a starter. I see a third round prospect who is going to play with a chip on his shoulder at a major position of need. If he continues to fly under the radar this kid is worth taking a swing at.

Fourth Round

#118 AAron Burbridge WR Michigan State.  I don't see WR as a major need for us however that can quickly change if Decker or Marshal get injured. Burbridge doesnt have great speed and will probably never develop into a star receiver but his strengths are that he has reliable hands and fights for the ball well in traffic. You can never have enough receivers with a good set of hands I see him as a good pick in the fourth.

Fifth Round

#157 Ben Braunecker TE Harvard.  He wont be the next Gronk but we could use a blocking tight end and hopefully Braunecker can fill that role at an NFL level.

Seventh Round

#244 D.J. Foster RB/WR Arizona State.  In the seventh round you hope to get something but don't expect it. He is a versatile player who really doesn't excel at either the RB or WR position but maybe he can sit behind Forte and learn. Macc came from the Texans who found a diamond in the rough when they brought in an undrafted free agent named Arian Foster maybe he gets lucky twice.

i dont think they will ever trade mo to a division rival - i think he may go to 11, if he went to 11 i could see them taking OT Conklin or best pass rusher available... i could see them taking Lynch if he fell to 20 (IF the mo trade is made and they have 2 first rounders) - if not, Eli Apple would be a good pick. If we don't grab OT in first, i like spriggs enough not to be mad about the pick. I'm not too familiar with the LSU kid but if what you said is true, he can be coached and he can bulk up.

Archived