Ryan Clady a Jet [MERGED]

JetsFanatic

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

There's never a reason to use the word "fool & Idiot" around here.

99.8% of us are Jet fans. Some are more devout and informed than others.... it doesn't mean you get to call other Jet fans these names.

Who made you King around here. Use an Emoji to express yourself if you can't control your anger.

Appreciate this post. I do feel I'm informed though. I was beaten up on this board years ago for bashing Tannenbaum. Now everyone thinks he was the worst thing to happen to this franchise in decades. Bottom line is disagreement is good for discussion. Insults in good fun are always appreciated. Insults for insults sake are immature and add nothing. That's why I don't swing back. Kudos to guys who get it. 

2 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Appreciate this post. I do feel I'm informed though. I was beaten up on this board years ago for bashing Tannenbaum. Now everyone thinks he was the worst thing to happen to this franchise in decades. Bottom line is disagreement is good for discussion. Insults in good fun are always appreciated. Insults for insults sake are immature and add nothing. That's why I don't swing back. Kudos to guys who get it. 

Did not mean you "Sirlance" UWF has bashed a lot of new comers to the board who are just trying to fit in along with some long time posters.

I appreciate his enthusiasm, but not his manners.

40 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Brick never missed a game in ten years. Mac wanted him to take a pay cut so he retired. New hole at LT. Then filled it with Clady who can't stay healthy. coming off ACL surgery to boot.  Also lost a draft pick. Hole there. Possibly three holes actually. 

Your math skills are as bad as your logic.

Brick was horrible a year ago and was retiring anyway.  

But we're on the dick? 

4 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Look up my history. See if I'm a troll. I've been here since the migration. 

I can always tell which posters came oer from the "Great Exodus"

They have 100,000 more reps than posts! lol.

I remember the heated negotiations during that time.... everyone wanted Max to honor their "Reps" from JI.

Max is a saint.

What I respect most about this trade is the timing. Clady has been on the trade block for weeks (if not months); you have to assume that "feeler" calls were made, and that an arrangement, pending on D'Brickashaw's decision was made long ago. But most imortantly, the Jets allowed Ferguson to have his day in the sun, and go out on his terms. They could have announced this yesterday. They waited. It could have been a same-day news article. It wasn't. 

Brick got his announcement. 

Ben got his. 

And NOW Clady is a Jet. 

Perhaps this Macc fellow received the "Exec of the year" award because he knows what he's doing. 

So, let me get this straight.  Macc brings back Brick's understudy and, barring injury, gets us  a potentially better starter on a re-worked deal.  All in short order.  Yet the usual twats cannot get past their not so hidden agendas and get their panties in a bunch as usual.  Eff that --the man handled his business and handled it well.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Your math skills are as bad as your logic.

Brick was horrible a year ago and was retiring anyway.  

But we're on the dick? 

You're optimistic. Nothing wrong with that. Brick was not horrible last year. If he had been Fitz wouldn't have had a career year and Marshall wouldn't have had an amazing season. Brick was not retiring. He retired because he he was asked to play for less than the contract he agreed to and didn't want to risk his health for less than he was already signed for. The 7th is from the super bowl champions. Meaning it's a very late 7th. So my math isn't half bad actually. 

Macc seems like he's always has a plan for every scenario that might occur. He has backup plans for backup plans. Dbrick was toast, you guys all knew it his play had slipped badly over the last 2 years. 

Let's hope Clady can stay healthy, if he does he's much better player than Dbrick. Good new for the Jets is that the idiots down in Miami gave the quitter Mario Williams another guaranteed coasting contract, the Pats traded Chandler Jones for Chris Long who Clady would absolutely dominate & Rex still likes using DEs as LBs.

Well let's face the facts. When Clady plays he's very good, one of the best. But he's missed 30 games in 3 years and all of 2015. So you'd assume he's not going to get that Broncos contract here or in other words all of Brick's money. And btw where's the money to pay Fitz!

1 hour ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Yay mac!  Woohoo mac!  You guys are blind to the fact that Mac absolutely sucks. He created a hole then filled it with an expensive injury prone player and gave away another draft pick. Only in Jets land is that an awesome job. Folks need to take a step back and get off this guys dick. He's turning into a disaster.  

Der I agree wih uz

23 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

You're optimistic. Nothing wrong with that. Brick was not horrible last year. If he had been Fitz wouldn't have had a career year and Marshall wouldn't have had an amazing season. Brick was not retiring. He retired because he he was asked to play for less than the contract he agreed to and didn't want to risk his health for less than he was already signed for. The 7th is from the super bowl champions. Meaning it's a very late 7th. So my math isn't half bad actually. 

Are you creating the brick retired cause he was asked to take a pay cut agenda or is there factual evidence backing it ? Cause it's it pretty sound from all sources that brick has informed the jets for a while he was considering retiring. Before they even asked him to take a pay cut.  And let be real brick has be at best average the past 2 years .

Great MOVE!!!!

Another STELLAR transaction by this man: 

jets22-1-web.jpg

Smile Mikey, boy SMILE! I LOVE how this GM hedges this roster PERFECTLY. WR Marshall for a 5th in 2015, now we get a PROVEN starter 2xAllPro LT Clady & a 7th Rndr (nice throw in if Clady is washed up) for a 2016 5th rounder with Clady on a CHEAPER re-structured contract than Brick?!?!!?

Savvy man Mike MacCagnan!!!!

Ryan Clady - T -  Jets

Jets acquired LT Ryan Clady and a seventh-round pick from the Broncos for a fifth-round pick.

Clady had been on the trade block since the Broncos signed Russell Okung at the start of free agency. He'll take over at left tackle for the Jets after D'Brickashaw Ferguson's retirement. Clady agreed to restructure his $9.5 million salary as part of the deal. He hasn't played a game since 2014 due to ACL surgery, but gives the Jets a proven starter if he can stay healthy. The move also clears Denver's cap space for a potential Colin Kaepernick trade.

Apr 9 - 7:04 PM

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Your wish could come true. Say hello to Geno Smith the only Qb Mac can afford. 

It'd be nice from my point of view, but honestly odds have to be in favor of trading Wilk, getting a better draft pick and saving a bunch of cap.  Then spending 7mil on Fitz.

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Are you creating the brick retired cause he was asked to take a pay cut ? Cause it's it pretty sound from all sources that brick has informed the jets for a while he was considering retiring . And let be real brick has be at best average the past 2 years .

I'm not creating that. It's been reported that he would have remained to honor his contract, but decided once the contract was no longer going to be honored by the team due to cap issues, he would leave to preserve his health rather than risk it for lesser pay. Not my story, I'm just parroting others. 

This is basically the same trade Maccagnan pulled last year for
Brandon Marshall.  Who was supposedly on the decline, injured and
a malcontent.  How did that turn out???  Love the way this front
office always has a plan even when it seems nothing is going on

35 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I can always tell which posters came oer from the "Great Exodus"

They have 100,000 more reps than posts! lol.

I remember the heated negotiations during that time.... everyone wanted Max to honor their "Reps" from JI.

Max is a saint.

Wtf, I didn't get my "reps" from JI!!!

:P

29 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

First off, have no idea how optimism has anything to do with Brick sucked last season or that he was retiring.  That you think he played like a 10 mil player last year and would have continued that this season is as optimistic as it gets given even Brick doesn't believe that. 

Fitz and Marshall played the way they did because they played well, not because Brick played well.  What makes you sure that if Clady was here, playing like Clady can that they wouldn't have played better?  

And no matter how you spin it the jets will draft 6 players after this trade just as they would have a couple of hours ago

29 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Hard for us fans to know for sure what Brick was going to do in 2016 ... Your thoughts on that matter are logical and certainly could have been the case ... However he also may have been retiring regardless 

Your point regarding the late 7th is off though.  Whether it's the last, 3rd to last or 5th to last pick ... It still remains a selection our team wanted & got before other teams get to try & scoop up all the undrafted guys they want!  Looking at it the other direction ... The 1st pick in the 2nd round doesn't get to be called a 1st rounder this year just because the Cheaters lost their selection.

Archived