All our eggs in one basket???

Flajet023

In order to get Pace for two #1 picks, you would have to offer him a huge cap busting contract that St. Louis refuses to match. Franchise LTs don't grow on trees so I'm sure they would rather keep him than let him go, even for two #1s.

I am not a fan of mortgaging against the cap for a short term SB run. It only takes a couple of key injuries and you are back to square one, but with a lot of overpaid players on the roster. Just look at the Titans to see what happens next. How many SB titles did they win by loading up the roster?

I would much rather the Jets follow the example of the Eagles FO and mould the team to be a perennial contender, then hope things fall into place to get you to the Superbowl.

That is a lot of money to pay one position. I hate to admit it but the Pats model seems to be the right one. They don't go with the Daniel Synder Superstar system. Instead they try to get quality everywhere.

That is a lot of money to pay one position. I hate to admit it but the Pats model seems to be the right one. They don't go with the Daniel Synder Superstar system. Instead they try to get quality everywhere.

Yes, but if you try to build like the Pats, you will get burned. Why? Because you need the coaching in place to run that type of system.

Yes, but if you try to build like the Pats, you will get burned. Why? Because you need the coaching in place to run that type of system.

OK, I need some education here.

Jets fans love to say the only reason the Pats win is because of the "system".

WTF is the system?

Using all 53 players instead of relying on about 30?

Signing players for a specific role?

Somebody give it a stab and specifically tell me what is the Pats "system". :shock:

OK, I need some education here.

Jets fans love to say the only reason the Pats win is because of the "system".

WTF is the system?

Using all 53 players instead of relying on about 30?

Signing players for a specific role?

Somebody give it a stab and specifically tell me what is the Pats "system". :shock:

When I said the Pats model I was referring specifically to salary. The don't overpay.

Look at it this way, Tex. How many teams could take their third WR and have him play nickel-back in the playoffs, lose both their starting corners AND their franchise DE and still win the Super Bowl. "System" might be the wrong word, but how about coaching? No team has the coaching to win the way the Pats do. The closest team is the Steelers, who are constantly plugging holes at key spots, but even they get exposed every year in the playoffs. Belichick is a genius. Everyone else is not. Herm is a dipsh*t.

... belicheck is the coaching epitome ...

... no one else is able to do what he is ... i'm never sure how much credit should go to him & how much to pioli for who they draft & for preparing these players ahead of time ...

herm is not even in the class of his boot-straps ... that being said ... dipsh*t is too harsh ... i'm sure used for emphasis ... herm seems to be very comfortable with surrounding himself with very intelligent and confident in their own systems people ... that is a positive trait which should be acknowledged...

... he is smart enough to know where he is deficient ... there are 30 other NFL head coaches who are not as smart as Belicheck either...

l_j_r

If Pace signed a long term contract, he would be untradable because the signing bonus would hit the Rams cap this year. Why trade him if they paid the signing bonus already and would take a huge cap hit to trade him?

It isn't going to happen now. We were having the trade discussion before we knew he had signed his 7 year contract.

Archived