Harry Potter Mafia - Game Thread

Leelou

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, D P R said:

CTM's point about timing is the only way i see of overcoming the presence of spies, in which case you can save your money on elaborate mirror/view schemes and just turn in your actions with 2 seconds on the clock.

That's if Leelou is working it that way. She'll need to confirm or deny that.

Unless the person designated to make the decisions is scum, then he's basically just wasting actions and can prepare scum for appropriate counters. Basically, if CTM is scum, then he's going to take us for a nice ride.

6 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

All right i am done trying to explain this to you. At this point it sounds like you are just trying to keep the waters muddy to not be able to see results as somewhat useful. 

This.

6 hours ago, WWWWombat said:

vote: Verbal

Also WTL 80 and Ape.  Gonna let JVoR do his thing for a bit longer.

I see that you still suck at this.

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Unless the person designated to make the decisions is scum, then he's basically just wasting actions and can prepare scum for appropriate counters. Basically, if CTM is scum, then he's going to take us for a nice ride.

This.

I see that you still suck at this.

i'd expect one of the 2 other people in my house that are trusted will do it tomorrow

Just now, CTM said:

i'd expect one of the 2 other people in my house that are trusted will do it tomorrow

Yea, makes sense - my comment is less about you specifically, and more making the point to DPR that "CTM's timing method is the only way" is still not foolproof. DPR is pinging in his reluctance to weigh JVOR's theory, he's mostly making it confusing to understand with his reactions.

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, makes sense - my comment is less about you specifically, and more making the point to DPR that "CTM's timing method is the only way" is still not foolproof. DPR is pinging in his reluctance to weigh JVOR's theory, he's mostly making it confusing to understand with his reactions.

This is weak play at its worst. Whenever you start following instead of trying to lead, it's a bad sign.  

7 minutes ago, D P R said:

This is weak play at its worst. Whenever you start following instead of trying to lead, it's a bad sign.  

Yeah, pinging more now.

What exactly am I following here? You're throwing a generalized comment at me, despite the fact that there's no pattern of me "following" anyone in this game. 

I called you out for what you were doing on D1. You're vote on me to lead off D2 was the first ping. You've add 2 more.

You're as obvious as ever, pirate.

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yeah, pinging more now.

What exactly am I following here? You're throwing a generalized comment at me, despite the fact that there's no pattern of me "following" anyone in this game. 

I called you out for what you were doing on D1. You're vote on me to lead off D2 was the first ping. You've add 2 more.

Absolutely terrible.

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, I'm right.

Almost never and certainly not here. But what's worse is your spreading around useless distraction instead of proving or disproving the idea you're supporting. 

Wtf are we even talking about right now?  JVoR's idea is garbage imo but I don't care if people want to waste their points on it or not.  What I do care about is whether or not people are playing during the day.  So far we've mostly talked about Houses and night actions and how to manipulate them.  Not much actual scumhunting there.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Yeah, pinging more now.

You are "following" CTM and JVoR FYI.

19 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

No.  Let them find a replacement but since you're scum go ahead and do the obvious.

There's no guns at Hogwarts dummy. I'd never shoot you anyway JC.

Unless I were scum. Or third party. Or if I really did have a gun. Then maybe.

1 hour ago, D P R said:

Almost never and certainly not here. But what's worse is your spreading around useless distraction instead of proving or disproving the idea you're supporting. 

I'm "spreading around useless distraction"? Care to provide an example of that... from what I can gather, I voted my best guess for scum, and discussed figuring out how to successfully use the powers to solve the game. I'm not sure what is "useless" about any of that. 

Empty accusations like this ping.

46 minutes ago, WWWWombat said:

Wtf are we even talking about right now?  JVoR's idea is garbage imo but I don't care if people want to waste their points on it or not.  What I do care about is whether or not people are playing during the day.  So far we've mostly talked about Houses and night actions and how to manipulate them.  Not much actual scumhunting there.

Grandstanding. In order for there to be scum hunting, there has to be conversation, in order for there to be conversation people need to contribute... if talking about how to successfully use the powers/mechanics of the game is where the conversation starts, then so be it. Scum hunt within that dialog until it shifts to something else. I'm not having any trouble doing so... 

It's funny though, because implicit in your mock outrage here is the notion that there's a specific type of dialog that is scum hunt-centric. Goofball.

42 minutes ago, WWWWombat said:

You are "following" CTM and JVoR FYI.

eh, that's a stretch... you could make that argument if I were coordinating the town around their idea. DPR agreed fully with CTM's last-second submission idea, so DPR agreed with him.... but then DPR just accused me of "following CTM" as though it was a scummy thing to do. How do you not see the obvious WTF in that? 

I'm just not having a fit about what they're talking about and pretending it's not "scum hunting" enough. Let them talk... people have to react to something if we are to "scum hunt", no?

35 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Looks like JN has reverted back to follow the Ape...even CTM...to help the town...@ Mod, please replace me...my inactivity obviously concerns some players.

My case isn't about inactivity. Is anyone actually using "inactivity" as a reason for voting you, or are you just misrepresenting the case for why you're being voted?

I wouldn't mind it so much if it weren't pretty much the only thing people were talking about right now.  Different townies will have different opinions on what the best strategy is for NAs.  Personally, I'm more inclined to go with something akin to CTM's idea than JVoR's.   I just don't see how discussing the relative merits of certain night action plans in the game thread helps us much.

As for DPR, I'd like to see more from him before drawing conclusions.

4 minutes ago, WWWWombat said:

I wouldn't mind it so much if it weren't pretty much the only thing people were talking about right now.  Different townies will have different opinions on what the best strategy is for NAs.  Personally, I'm more inclined to go with something akin to CTM's idea than JVoR's.   I just don't see how discussing the relative merits of certain night action plans in the game thread helps us much.

As for DPR, I'd like to see more from him before drawing conclusions.

Cross pollenation of ideas. The game thread is the one forum where all townies can talk. Assuming at least a few of the QTs are infiltrated with scum, the scum team is privy to most of what is being cooked up strategically, so why is it bad for town to share ideas and function on the same page?

Like I said, if nothing else, conversation is the vehicle for scum hunting. If we're not talking, we're not hunting. So, to shush a conversation topic and then advocate more hunting in one post is sort of puzzling.

Go back to DPR's vote on JIF from D1. JIF was being run up at deadline, but DPR and Crusher both felt like they needed to manufacture a reason to vote JIF. One or both of them is scum. 

1 minute ago, WWWWombat said:

I think a much more productive thing to discuss would be the trains and pseudo-trains we had yesterday.  I have some ideas I'm working on in that regard but they're not ready for primetime yet.

Fair enough, but again - if you don't put it out there, then it doesn't get talked about, so how can you chastise everyone for not scum hunting enough if you're going to play coy about when is the right time or topic for discussion.

We're not having a staring contest, you know?

If I had to make a list based on the part of D1 I paid attention to, and D2 so far... Jetscode, DPR, Crusher and Pac would be it. Unfortunately, quiet people like Lily, Spoot, Smash, and deckerfan are making it easy to solely focus on the chatty ones.

Archived