Josh Gordon Fails Another Drug Test

SR24

36 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Except that isn't what is going on, otherwise he wouldn't have even shown up for the drug test in the first place. If he passed it, he'd have played. Therefore, he wants to play, wants to get paid, and is too much of a dumbass to not get high while trying to get reinstated from an "indefinite" suspension. 

I hear where you're coming from, and that could have validity for some, but those people walk away from the game outright. They don't fail drug tests while trying to get reinstated.

He's an idiot.

He doesnt want to play, if he did he'd be doing what he needed to in order to play. This is why I said that "since he wants to smoke he should just stop wasting the Browns time and officially retire since he already has given his actions". 

My intention isnt to get in the way of people wanting to call him an idiot, I dont know him personally. Im just saying its obvious that smoking is more important to him, so he needs to officially retire so the Browns can move on. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

He doesnt want to play, if he did he'd be doing what he needed to in order to play. This is why I said that "since he wants to smoke he should just stop wasting the Browns time and officially retire since he already has given his actions". 

My intention isnt to get in the way of people wanting to call him an idiot, I dont know him personally. Im just saying its obvious that smoking is more important to him, so he needs to officially retire so the Browns can move on. 

If he didn't want to play he wouldn't show up for the drug test to fail it in the first place, and that would have been the story instead.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

If he wanted to play, he'd stop smoking. He hasnt stopped smoking so he's not playing, and because of that its a story. 

To use your own logic, if he didn't want to play then why did he bother to show up for a drug test he knew he'd fail?

This is the problem: you are trying to apply logic and rational thought to him, and he is undeserving of such credit from you. And there you have it and that's why people are calling him an idiot. Because he's an idiot.

17 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

To use your own logic, if he didn't want to play then why did he bother to show up for a drug test he knew he'd fail?

This is the problem: you are trying to apply logic and rational thought to him, and he is undeserving of such credit from you. And there you have it and that's why people are calling him an idiot. Because he's an idiot.

You right sperm. 

20 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

People always purposefully do things that have consequences, because they have absolutely no issue with suffering those consequences.  Everyone knows that, get your head out of your ass.

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Maybe, maybe not. 

Also, what is being considered being completely broke? Being like me and you? 

Probably just you, because Tx did not bet the ranch on gold going to $10,000 per ounce    

5 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

Probably just you, because Tx did not bet the ranch on gold going to $10,00 per ounce    

Probably, but with gold at over 1,200 and me being a buyer in the mid hundreds, im confident in saying that im still in the black. 

Meanwhile to know that people still give their money to places like Morgan Stanley even after 2006-2008 goes to show that Jetnation is NOT a place to get financial advice lol. 

14 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I still say it is beyond comical that weed gets you suspended for a year when other players do far worse (e.g. beat their pregnant girlfriend, kill someone in a drunken driving accident, etc).  On top of that, it's legal in some states.  Plus how come the Feds needed a constitutional amendment to ban alcohol but they're able to just ban weed without one?  It's all a bad joke.  One day we will look back on this era and wonder what the heck people were thinking.

It's not about weed.  It's about following the conditions of employment.  

27 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

Probably just you, because Tx did not bet the ranch on gold going to $10,000 per ounce    

Is there a back story to this? I'm intrigued. 

Also, Gordon was one of my favorite players in the league three years ago. He was electric to watch, plus he turned a middling fantasy season into first place in my league that one season when I took a chance on him and drafted him, even knowing he'd be suspended the first four games. Was really excited for him to come back this year.

smh. What a maroon.

42 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

He's had some serious drug and psychological issues for the past several years. Lots of suspensions. People tend to use his story to project how if they were in the same position they would never be so stupid or such wasteful of talent. Then they use those discussions to draft infinite hypothetical scenarios about a person that they don't know. Standard Internet stuff really. It's a good time.

16 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

You have to really be an amazingly special kind of stupid to be pissing away millions of dollars for this crap.  I feel like you have to actually put effort into somehow being this devoid of even the slightest bit of human intelligence.

At this point, he's out of the league.  No team will waste a roster spot on a guy who's now going to be looking at his third straight year of suspension.  Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL never again even reinstates him.

And how many years can you take off and still be a good player if and when you come back?

13 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

He's had some serious drug and psychological issues for the past several years. Lots of suspensions. People tend to use his story to project how if they were in the same position they would never be so stupid or such wasteful of talent. Then they use those discussions to draft infinite hypothetical scenarios about a person that they don't know. Standard Internet stuff really. It's a good time.

Yea, you could tell Villain's been dealing with some stuff.

I was wondering more about the whole Gold thing. 

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Also, Gordon was one of my favorite players in the league three years ago. He was electric to watch, plus he turned a middling fantasy season into first place in my league that one season when I took a chance on him and drafted him, even knowing he'd be suspended the first four games. Was really excited for him to come back this year.

smh. What a maroon.

The short story is that on the heels of the global economic crisis, Villian was espousing the benefits of gold as the only true vehicle for maintaining value or wealth etc. as the US $ was basically going to be as worthless as your basic store brand single ply toilet paper.  There are mutiple threads where Villian was imploring everyone to jump aboard the ark (or spaceship?) before the financial system completely imploded with no hope of recovery.  Fast forward a couple of years and the dollar has recovered and is kicking ass against most currencies (see: Euro) and gold has basically nose dived into the side of a mountain in a spectacular ball of flame.

TBH, gold has started to recover a little bit, but the lesson for Villian (and all of us) is never bet long term against the almighty dollar!!!

Who gives a rats a$$? If drugs are more important to him than an NFL career that's his choice. Eventually the money will run out and so will the ability to buy drugs. Then he will have to do what the thousands upon thousands incarcerated for drug offenses already know...steal, rip off and eventually stand tall before the judge. Screw Josh Gordon.

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

smh. What a maroon.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

49 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Yea, you could tell Villain's been dealing with some stuff.

I was wondering more about the whole Gold thing. 

48 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Oh that's easier. He thinks he's Lancaster Dodd.

I vouch for this version of the story! :-) 

19 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Who gives a rats a$$? If drugs are more important to him than an NFL career that's his choice. Eventually the money will run out and so will the ability to buy drugs. Then he will have to do what the thousands upon thousands incarcerated for drug offenses already know...steal, rip off and eventually stand tall before the judge. Screw Josh Gordon.

lol good question. Seems like everyone! 

On 4/12/2016 at 8:07 AM, no psls said:

Once a druggie ; always a druggie !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you watching Sheldon ?

People who smoke pot arent druggies.  I smoke a little pot now and then.  I have a good job and I would never let pot interfere with my work.  

However, when you are in an occupation where they drug test periodically, then you have to either find a new job or just give it up.  He's not an addict who needs help, he's a dumbass who needs help.  

On 4/12/2016 at 11:50 AM, Green DNA said:

The short story is that on the heels of the global economic crisis, Villian was espousing the benefits of gold as the only true vehicle for maintaining value or wealth etc. as the US $ was basically going to be as worthless as your basic store brand single ply toilet paper.  There are mutiple threads where Villian was imploring everyone to jump aboard the ark (or spaceship?) before the financial system completely imploded with no hope of recovery.  Fast forward a couple of years and the dollar has recovered and is kicking ass against most currencies (see: Euro) and gold has basically nose dived into the side of a mountain in a spectacular ball of flame.

TBH, gold has started to recover a little bit, but the lesson for Villian (and all of us) is never bet long term against the almighty dollar!!!

Whoa - was Villain really saying that? 

Villain - if so - we should chat.  I'm 100% with you.

Archived