Browns willing to deal the #2 pick.

joewilly12

3 hours ago, cant wait said:

don't get me wrong I'd love the jets to draft wentz, but is he really a better prospect than bridgewater or carr were?

I think the answer is Yes.  Looks like another Cam Newton without the dapping. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wentz tape is definitely intriguing, but the level of competition really is concerning.  It's I guess similar to Alabama running backs, in that they all look great, but they have such an inherent advantage, it's very hard to decipher talent vs. opportunity.   Not only is the talent level of the defenses he faced concerning, but the team he was on, absolutely dominates the level (I believe 5 time champions now) so how much of his good passing is a byproduct of having better receivers?  Or a much better O-line than the D-line he's likely facing?  

He has a very good arm, seems to have some issues with accuracy especially on the move, and definitely tends to throw sidearm at times, causing tipped balls.  

I'm not sure you bet the house and move up for him though, although these scouts probably have a better idea than me.  I just don't see the can't miss upside.  He has upside, but it really wouldn't surprise me if he really struggles for a couple of years either.  

4 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Wentz tape is definitely intriguing, but the level of competition really is concerning.  It's I guess similar to Alabama running backs, in that they all look great, but they have such an inherent advantage, it's very hard to decipher talent vs. opportunity.   Not only is the talent level of the defenses he faced concerning, but the team he was on, absolutely dominates the level (I believe 5 time champions now) so how much of his good passing is a byproduct of having better receivers?  Or a much better O-line than the D-line he's likely facing?  

He has a very good arm, seems to have some issues with accuracy especially on the move, and definitely tends to throw sidearm at times, causing tipped balls.  

I'm not sure you bet the house and move up for him though, although these scouts probably have a better idea than me.  I just don't see the can't miss upside.  He has upside, but it really wouldn't surprise me if he really struggles for a couple of years either.  

Level of competition is one of my biggest concerns. If I'm taking a QB from an inferior division with a high pick, they better be putting up arcade numbers (ala Joe Flacco or Steve McNair). Carson Wentz did not. Plus he had injuries (so his durability concerns me as well).

I sure as hell don't see it either. 3 months ago most people didn't even know who the hell Carson Wentz was. No all of a sudden he's some can't miss prospect? Nah, I'm not buying it

5 hours ago, cant wait said:

don't get me wrong I'd love the jets to draft wentz, but is he really a better prospect than bridgewater or carr were?

Who knows, if teams were as sure as those two Qb's ( Bridgewater, Carr) than one doesn't go late in the first, and the other doesn't go early in the second round.

It really is a crapshoot when it comes to drafting Qb's.     ( even the best Gm really don't have a great handle on this position).  

Jmo only way to ever really find your Qb is to keep trying till you find that guy.    You draft that position long enough, and eventually you have to hit on it.

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I would like to drop my annual hot ?????? mock draft here, but only the top ten picks. @RutgersJetFan

1. Tennessee Titans: Jalen Ramsey, CB/S, FSU

The Titans already have a decent OLT in Taylor Lewan, and their RT situation isn't bleak enough to use this pick on Tunsil. I think they take the guy who may be the best pure athlete in the draft to help prop up perhaps the worst secondary in the league in Ramsey.

2. Cleveland Browns: Laremy Tunsil, OLT, Ole Miss

I'm of the belief that Hue Jackson has his quarterback in RGIII, and doesn't plan on screwing him up by bringing in another QB. RGIII lost his mind in Washington when the Shanahans held Kirk Cousins over him as a threat to get his ass in gear, and that started the wheels in motion that effectively ruined his Redskins career. If Hue can make Andy Dalton look like a decent QB with those spread sets, he should be able to at least try to fix RGIII by doing the same. Tunsil pairs with Joe Thomas to give the Browns some sweet titty bookends.

@RutgersJetFan

3. San Diego Chargers: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA 

Other than QB, the Chargers depth chart is a giant depository of sadness and misery. Jack is the clear BPA here.

TRADE! NY Jets trade the #20 overall pick, their third round pick in 2017, and Mo Wilkerson to the Cowboys for pick #4

4. NY Jets (from Cowboys): Jared Goff, QB, Cal

The Cowboys need a pass rusher and consider Joey Bosa here, but Jerry Jones can't help but be the goober genius he is and trades back in the first, picking up a potentially better player in Wilkerson besides. The Cowboys can have the cap space they need to sign Wilkerson by cutting the awful Brandon Carr. Jerry gets to look like a ninja master while the Jets pick up a face of the franchise QB who actually seems to understand the passing game, is fearless in the pocket, and has experienced enough adversity in his playing career to handle the rigors of dealing with Manish Mehta. This is win-win all around. To those pricks skeptical of this trade, Eric Edholm (who used to work for the Cowboys and is still tight with Jerry) signaled today that there would be a major deal in the top five. I'm like Columbo.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars: DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon

The Jaguars are so close to being great. They have the sick passing attack, a decent rushing attack, a bunch of talented kids on defense, $54 mil in cap space, and John Idzik.

6. Baltimore Ravens: Shaq Lawson, DE/OLB, Clemson

7. San Francisco 49ers: Carson Wentz, QB, NDSU

8. Philadelphia Eagles: Ezekiel Elliot, RB, Ohio State

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State

10. New York Giants: Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson

@RutgersJetFan

Already irrelevant.

With the Rams jumping ahead of the Browns this morning... I have to wonder if they snipe the Browns on the desired QB, do the Browns stay put? Or, do the Browns also move back?

The price of the #2 overall may have just dropped a bit... OR they take Tunsil and the price of Joe Thomas just dropped. 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

With the Rams jumping ahead of the Browns this morning... I have to wonder if they snipe the Browns on the desired QB, do the Browns stay put? Or, do the Browns also move back?

The price of the #2 overall may have just dropped a bit... OR they take Tunsil and the price of Joe Thomas just dropped. 

I think the Browns stay put now. If they want a QB they have to stay. All three QBs will be gone in the top 10 or 15 now. I think this pushes the tackles back. Maybe one falls to 20.

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I was thinking the opposite. With the haul the Titans just got, the Browns might have a new market price. But who knows...

Rams have no reason to "hide" their desired QB, so I suspect that's going to really determine the Brown's pick value.  My suspicion is teams are quietly hoping the Rams value Wentz higher than Goff, at which point the Browns pick becomes gold.  If they take Goff as suspected I don't know that Wentz has the value to give the haul the Rams just gave. 

12 minutes ago, slats said:

I was thinking the opposite. With the haul the Titans just got, the Browns might have a new market price. But who knows...

Could be the case. However, if the Browns (being the Browns) get the QB they want sniped from them, they may become desperate to move. Who knows.

I know one thing, the Chargers just got Tunsil gift-wrapped for them. If they don't take him, then I can't see Dallas taking him, which means he just keep slipping... so if Tunsil slips, then all the tackles slip accordingly.

6 minutes ago, slats said:

It would appear that the Rams traded up for Wentz, knowing full well that the Browns were going to take him at #2. I would have to assume the Browns now want to move out of the second pick. The problem is, I don't know if there is a team willing to move up to #2. For who? For Goff? Maybe SF would do it? I dunno. But I would have to assume the Browns will want to move down having missed out on Wentz and will take less to do it. 

The big winner in this scenario seems to be San Diego b/c they might have a choice between Tunsil and Ramsey at 3, who I consider to be two of the most 'can't miss' prospects in the draft.   

2 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Rams have no reason to "hide" their desired QB, so I suspect that's going to really determine the Brown's pick value.  My suspicion is teams are quietly hoping the Rams value Wentz higher than Goff, at which point the Browns pick becomes gold.  If they take Goff as suspected I don't know that Wentz has the value to give the haul the Rams just gave. 

Good point. 

11 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Everyone has a Favorite in this  QB derby . That's fine and the right of every fan until the Jets make a decision and then true Jet fans get behind our New QB until he proves on the field that he can't do the Job . 

I just happen to like Hackenberg because I  believe with every fiber of my being that he has that championship makeup that the Jets haven't had in forever .

I like Wentz because I watch him and I see a bigger stronger more athletic  Chad Pennington .  

That is all .

Not knocking your opinion, but what is this based on? 

13 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

I call Bs.  The Browns are just giving the impression that they aren't high on the second pick.  ( smokescreen) .  They don't want a Qb needy team to trade up in front of the Browns , and pick the first Qb.    

By telling people they are willing to trade back, they hope that discourages a team from jumping in front of them.     

Robert Griffin shouldn't prevent the Browns from addressing the Qb position long term.

Too late now.

10 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

Not knocking your opinion, but what is this based on? 

My Gut tells me this kid is going to win a few championships in the NFL. I look at him and I see Eli Manning  with a northern exposure .  Just like Eli, he will make the big play that let's him team win the game, but he will throw those INTs that makes you want to wait for him in the tunnel . He is what he is, and for some crazy reason, it's always good enough .

On 4/14/2016 at 11:34 PM, T0mShane said:

I would like to drop my annual hot ?????? mock draft here, but only the top ten picks. @RutgersJetFan

1. Tennessee Titans: Jalen Ramsey, CB/S, FSU

The Titans already have a decent OLT in Taylor Lewan, and their RT situation isn't bleak enough to use this pick on Tunsil. I think they take the guy who may be the best pure athlete in the draft to help prop up perhaps the worst secondary in the league in Ramsey.

2. Cleveland Browns: Laremy Tunsil, OLT, Ole Miss

I'm of the belief that Hue Jackson has his quarterback in RGIII, and doesn't plan on screwing him up by bringing in another QB. RGIII lost his mind in Washington when the Shanahans held Kirk Cousins over him as a threat to get his ass in gear, and that started the wheels in motion that effectively ruined his Redskins career. If Hue can make Andy Dalton look like a decent QB with those spread sets, he should be able to at least try to fix RGIII by doing the same. Tunsil pairs with Joe Thomas to give the Browns some sweet titty bookends.

@RutgersJetFan

3. San Diego Chargers: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA 

Other than QB, the Chargers depth chart is a giant depository of sadness and misery. Jack is the clear BPA here.

TRADE! NY Jets trade the #20 overall pick, their third round pick in 2017, and Mo Wilkerson to the Cowboys for pick #4

4. NY Jets (from Cowboys): Jared Goff, QB, Cal

The Cowboys need a pass rusher and consider Joey Bosa here, but Jerry Jones can't help but be the goober genius he is and trades back in the first, picking up a potentially better player in Wilkerson besides. The Cowboys can have the cap space they need to sign Wilkerson by cutting the awful Brandon Carr. Jerry gets to look like a ninja master while the Jets pick up a face of the franchise QB who actually seems to understand the passing game, is fearless in the pocket, and has experienced enough adversity in his playing career to handle the rigors of dealing with Manish Mehta. This is win-win all around. To those pricks skeptical of this trade, Eric Edholm (who used to work for the Cowboys and is still tight with Jerry) signaled today that there would be a major deal in the top five. I'm like Columbo.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars: DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon

The Jaguars are so close to being great. They have the sick passing attack, a decent rushing attack, a bunch of talented kids on defense, $54 mil in cap space, and John Idzik.

6. Baltimore Ravens: Shaq Lawson, DE/OLB, Clemson

7. San Francisco 49ers: Carson Wentz, QB, NDSU

8. Philadelphia Eagles: Ezekiel Elliot, RB, Ohio State

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State

10. New York Giants: Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson

@RutgersJetFan

:chas:

On April 14, 2016 at 10:49 PM, Tinstar said:

Ever QB in this draft needs time to sit and develop . The question is do any of em have the skill set to take a team to a championship and the winning pedigree to back it up . 

Wentz win, and has everything you look for in a Franchise QB .

Hackenberg has never had a losing season at Penn State despite his awful #s and even more horrible offensive scheme and supporting cast .

Cook wins  Period .

I read this board, and all I see is Jet fans wanting the sexy player, but does he win when it matters .

What good is a hot woman if she can't cook ?

You can't think of something a hot woman would be good for other than cooking?

If the Jets organization feels that strongly that they can draft a franchise QB at #2 then by all means make the trade and give up whatever you have to get this done. 

I could totally see the jets giving the next 5 years drafts to get it done, or else FAIL!!!! Amirite!

On 4/14/2016 at 8:15 PM, joewilly12 said:

Send them Mo and Milliner and our #20 pick for the #2 pick and get the franchise QB. 

Milliner has no trade value.  And there is no way that package would be enough. Throw in the # 1 pick next year and the Jets would still have to give up something else to get there.

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You can't think of something a hot woman would be good for other than cooking?

I'm not as young as I once was, so yea, she has to know how to feed me .  Oh and Mac & cheese won't cut it  .  2 thing happen to me after a good workout . I get sleepy and then I wake up hungry .

Archived