Browns willing to deal the #2 pick.

joewilly12

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Bradford is getting 18 million this year (11 bonus, 7 base salary). Mo's tag is less than 16. Again, how are you fitting it in?

Ok. I didn't look at the particulars. Not that I fully understand them. But Sam's "dead cap hit", which would remain with the Eagles would be $22M. That wouldn't fall on us, but it would make it seem unlikely to take that kind of hit to then be really flirting with a trade up (for a QB, nonetheless). But that team has had some pretty whacky Mgmt lately. Why sign Bradford to that contact when Pederson has his tongue in Chase Daniels ear? And why be checking out the fresh meat with all that action on the home front? 

I don't know. I just know that when i speculate I'm always right. 

1 hour ago, Pcola said:

Well if you think Bradford is better than Fitz so be it.  But Bradford hasn't done anything to warrant his contract other than have "potential."  Sooner or later you have to actually DO something.  

And I think it was Shefter who said the Browns wouldn't be interested in any trade that included Mo.  They are probably in total tank mode for Watson next year.  They let all their decent FAs walk, didn't sign any legitimate starters and are presumably passing on drafting a QB since signing RG III.

That's funny. Schefter is usually right about stuff like this. 

Archived