Report: Rams Move to #1 Pick in Trade

CrazyCarl40

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Really is. If they can't make themselves relevant within 3 years of this trade, then they've go some serious issues. If you look at them, they have their QB, so it should really be about building a monster team around him. Dropping back to #15 sets them up to get a WR or OT, then they have a slew of picks... just excellent for them. 

1.  They already have their QB.

2.  As you mentioned, they can go for OL, WR or other need at 15.

3.  Extra picks in a deep draft.

4.  Extra 1 next year, that could be a high one.

5.  Save money against the cap.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Jetsfan1015 said:

Paul Kuharsky ESPN Staff Writer 

kuharsky_paul_m.jpg

The Tennessee Titans and Los Angeles Rams agreed to terms on a trade that would see Tennessee trade the number one overall pick, along with their fourth round (113 overall) and sixth round (177 overall) picks this year to the Rams, in exchange for the Rams first round pick (15), two second round (43 and 45) selections and third round (76) pick in 2016; along with the Rams first round pick and third round picks in the 2017 NFL Draft. The Titans now own nine selections in the 2016 Draft, including six of the top 76 picks in the draft.

Wow. Now that's just ridiculous. 

And people expect the Jets to possibly move up to the Browns spot? 

Whomever is the QB drafted by the Rams is probably going to fail. You trade all of your picks this year along with two of your top 3 picks next year. How are you going to build around that QB? 

This will forever be a dumb move and it destroy's any possibility of surrounding that QB with young talent to grow with. 

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Shouldn't this be in the draft forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This time of year, the NFL draft is NFL talk. It belongs here. We have a draft forum so you geeks who want to post mock drafts in November don't bother the rest of us. 

26 minutes ago, HessStation said:

This is a GREAT trade for the Titans if Mariota is the real deal.

This is a great deal regardless of Mariota. Say Mariota isn't the guy after this season, Titans can package some of these picks to move up for Watson. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Whomever is the QB drafted by the Rams is probably going to fail. You trade all of your picks this year along with two of your top 3 picks next year. How are you going to build around that QB? 

This will forever be a dumb move and it destroy's any possibility of surrounding that QB with young talent to grow with. 

They have Gurley, they have a great young defense, and hey they have Quinton Coples!

This new Qb is walking into a Mark Sanchez situation, sound defense, good running game to help a Qb good oline.

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Totally agree.

Wentz + Gurley + nothing else.

Just now, Paradis said:

Lol Fck you it was lame, it worked like a sonofab+tch. Last time I checked you and your robin slats bit like seabass

Oh, okay... not sure I've ever seen myself or @slats get trolled so hard. I know for me personally, I'm going to have to take a walk around the block and maybe punch a baby in the face just to work through how much you got to me. 

Been a really long time since I've seen slats this irate too.

Bravo sir.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Would the Titans want to depart with some of their new found picks (a swap of 1sts, a 2nd & a 3rd maybe?) for Mo? That might be something worth discussing.

This guy. ^^^^

Yes. YES.

Love this idea.

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Totally agree.

Wentz + Gurley + nothing else.

I guess they think that all those picks they used from the RG3 trade leaves them with enough talent in the cupboard to surround those 2.

Robert Quinn, Aaron Donald and Alec Ogletree are indeed studs on the defensive side. 

But they've whiffed on so many WR/TE picks, that Wentz will be throwing to Kenny Britt (can't stay healthy), Tavon Austin (worth a big play every 3 weeks or so and is a nice KR), Brian Quick (has no sense of timing and still can't run routes; ends up having balls hit him in the helmet half the time) and Lance Kendricks (elevated to TE1 with Jared Cook gone).  Ouch. 

They'd better hope Wentz has the ability to elevate the talent around him on offense.  And that Gurley can run for 1,500+ the next couple seasons without getting hurt.

Just now, Beerfish said:

They have Gurley, they have a great young defense, and hey they have Quinton Coples!

This new Qb is walking into a Mark Sanchez situation, sound defense, good running game to help a Qb good oline.

Rams will put a rookie QB behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league. He will have limited targets at the receiver spot. Stedman Bailey was shot, Wes Welker should retire, Kenny Brit flamed out, Tavon is a slot/gadget man and Brian Quick has not lived up to his physical attributes. Oh, and Jared Cook is now a Packer. 

I would take Santonio Holmes/Braylon Edwards duo over whatever the Rams decide to field. Minus Gurley, all the talent is on the defensive side of the ball and they just traded two years worth of draft picks to move up 14 spots to draft a QB that they now cant build around.

This is a bad trade if you ask me. 

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

From the article...

Imagine the Jets get the #15 and #45 for Mo Wilk????

Titans draft:

• Wilkerson is their 1st, so to speak
  • two 2nd rounders
  • two 3rd rounders
  • 5, 6 and 7th rounders

Would be a great haul for a team with the cap space to sign Wilk.

Meanwhile, the Jets:

• 15th pick
  • 20th pick
  • two 2nd rounders
  • 3rd, 4th and two 7ths

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

From the article...

Titans draft:

• Wilkerson is their 1st, so to speak
  • two 2nd rounders
  • two 3rd rounders
  • 5, 6 and 7th rounders

Meanwhile, the Jets:

• 15th pick
  • 20th pick
  • two 2nd rounders
  • 3rd, 4th and two 7ths

Tenn has really set themselves up here. I highly doubt Ronnie Stanley falls to 15, but if he falls to #10 or #11 trade that 1st and one of those 3rd rounders and pick up Ronnie Stanley. 

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Basically, 2 ones, 2 twos, 2 threes for the #1.

Tell you what, Titans don't screw up the next 2 years, they could really turn that thing around.  I happen to like Marriota, you add a bunch of young talent.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

From the article...

Titans draft:

• Wilkerson is teir 1st, so to speak
  • two 2nd rounders
  • two 3rd rounders
  • 5, 6 and 7th rounders

Meanwhile, the Jets:

• 15th pick
  • 20th pick
  • two 2nd rounders
  • 3rd, 4th and two 7ths

It's a nice pipe dream, but it's one thing to trade out of the 1st pick, and its entirely other thing to trade out of the 1st pick & round altogether. Mo or no Mo.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It's crazy to think about it, but in retrospect the Jets won the Mark Sanchez trade, in terms of the trade itself.. Gave a bunch of secondary players and a few picks to Cleveland. Thanks Eric Mangini

Alex Mack > Sanchez

Archived